carat
color
clarity

Mellow's move to bigger baubles

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hallo!!!!

I'm doing an overhaul of my rings and moving to bigger baubles so I thought I'd start a thread and keep updating it for any future bigger gems that I buy.

I'm going through a phase where bigger is definitely better and I'm gravitating to things the size of my head!!!

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! Can't wait to see what you add to your collection! I think bigger is definitely better too.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ironically to kick off this thread here is a stone that I rejected. It is an incredibly vivid 3ct pink tourmaline that my sister ended up purchasing.

The ring arrived today and I must admit I feel a tinge of regret that it's not mine. It's an amazing colour and so so so bright!

Stone and ring both from Starlanka who are total superstars. Suhail is such a lovely person. Selfishly I really don't want to give his name away but he keeps doing such a fabulous job I feel bad hiding him!

PXL_20220830_004829453.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20220830_004702896.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20220830_004459299.jpg

PXL_20220830_004453854.jpg

This is going to be a fun thread!!
cleader.gif

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ironically to kick off this thread here is a stone that I rejected. It is an incredibly vivid 3ct pink tourmaline that my sister ended up purchasing.

I tried super-hard not to "love" it but in the end I couldn't resist. But I'm sure you'll find an even nicer one!

EDIT: It's like a compass rose on an antique map!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried super-hard not to "love" it but in the end I couldn't resist. But I'm sure you'll find an even nicer one!

EDIT: It's like a compass rose on an antique map!

My friends said it reminds them of Sailor Moon which is apt as Lil Sis loves Sailor Moon and still buys merchandise occasionally.

Broke my heart that it was only 3cts Alex!!!!! At least it's in the family!

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Broke my heart that it was only 3cts Alex!!!!! At least it's in the family!

With rubellite, it is a lot more like missing the bus -- not the end of the world and another one will be along shortly. As opposed to the impossible-to-find right-hue/right-tone untreated sapphire/ruby/emerald/Paraiba -- where you really may have a long wait. I know that's no help and I should just shut up and commiserate.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve got a feeling this thread is going to be awesome. I can’t wait to see all these magnificent monster sized beauties! :lol-2::mrgreen:

Your sister‘s new ring is gorgeous! It‘s pretty sizeable and the color is yummy. :kiss2: I too saved it to my inspo folder. I especially like the way the ring has milgrain / beading on the inside of that gold ring. What a neat detail!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@T L see the prongs???? They were designed with you in mind!!! I kept remembering you expressing horror at trillions and hearts being held in by three tiny prongs so I had them make these!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh I should add some notes!

7.21ct rubellite with 2mm diamonds, yellow and pink sapphires

I need to go buy onions and wanted to wear it out.

Hubby: Please don't smash it at the grocery store. I rather like that ring

Me: Serious? Thought you'd run a mile from this. It's crazy big

Hubby: I'm the girl that wears the petite rings while wishing I was as loud as you

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh I should add some notes!

7.21ct rubellite with 2mm diamonds, yellow and pink sapphires

I need to go buy onions and wanted to wear it out.

Hubby: Please don't smash it at the grocery store. I rather like that ring

Me: Serious? Thought you'd run a mile from this. It's crazy big

Hubby: I'm the girl that wears the petite rings while wishing I was as loud as you

I love your new ring, especially the heart shape that doesn't get a lot of love here. It definitely demands attention! I also love how supportive your hubby is. So sweet.

Nothing ridiculous about that bold beauty! I positively love her!!
thum12.gif

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your new ring, especially the heart shape that doesn't get a lot of love here. It definitely demands attention! I also love how supportive your hubby is. So sweet.

Haha he's just told me he'll wear this now!

Me: Why? It's even crazier than the other one!

Him: But that's the point! It's so crazy there's no turning back.

He's a strange one!

I was kinda freaking out about her size while she was on her way to me. And then I saw the conversation between you and Icy in your thread and that made me feel better.

She's 23mm by 23mm

PXL_20220906_004920222.jpg

Right on! And I've wanted a heart-shaped gem for so long. I just couldn't ever find one in the variety or quality I was looking for at that time. Maybe some day! Enjoy this stunner!!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right on! And I've wanted a heart-shaped gem for so long. I just couldn't ever find one in the variety or quality I was looking for at that time. Maybe some day! Enjoy this stunner!!

I had the funniest conversation with the vendor from Starlanka about this stone.

He showed it to me and it was practically perfect. Excellent colour, well cut, clean. But after all that he didn't recommend it because he said I've just bought a lovely rubellite already.

I went off and thought about it for a night. Then I told him that if I didn't buy it, I would be crying ten years down the track and I'd be always thinking: Remember that giant clean heart rubellite from Starlanka? I should have bought it *insert tears*

I had to buy it!

I love love love heart shapes!!! I have a ruby, jadeite ring and wee jadeite earrings. I'm always so drawn to them.

I had the funniest conversation with the vendor from Starlanka about this stone.

He showed it to me and it was practically perfect. Excellent colour, well cut, clean. But after all that he didn't recommend it because he said I've just bought a lovely rubellite already.

I went off and thought about it for a night. Then I told him that if I didn't buy it, I would be crying ten years down the track and I'd be always thinking: Remember that giant clean heart rubellite from Starlanka? I should have bought it *insert tears*

I had to buy it!

I love love love heart shapes!!! I have a ruby, jadeite ring and wee jadeite earrings. I'm always so drawn to them.

It's so funny you should mention that, because my biggest regret was a heart-shaped chrysoberyl I hesitated on. Naturally, it sold while I was sitting on the fence, and it literally took me years to replace. And even then, I ended up with an oval. I never did find a heart (that sounds so sad... like a bling version of the tin man!). :lol-2:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@T L see the prongs???? They were designed with you in mind!!! I kept remembering you expressing horror at trillions and hearts being held in by three tiny prongs so I had them make these!

Gorgeous ring!! Lol, one of my pet peeves about trillions and pears (and hearts for that matter) is the lack of prongs. Im so glad you have a secure stone.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I was kinda freaking out about her size while she was on her way to me. And then I saw the conversation between you and Icy in your thread and that made me feel better.

She's 23mm by 23mm

PXL_20220906_004920222.jpg

She’s big and fabulous! Can imagine you rocking her when you are 80! Made me smile when I saw her this morning :mrgreen2:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh she's fabulous!!!!!

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock

I had to buy it!

Fair enough but don't hog them all, haha!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results