shape
carat
color
clarity

Meh...STDs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks to A LOT of help, I managed to finish those pesky STDs. I put a lot of time into trying to figure out what I wanted, and towards the end I got a little bit fed up and threw in the towel and decided that perfect wasn''t in the cards. Plus I wasn''t exactly keen on them anyway because I was perfectly capable of telling everyone--less than 40 guests makes it easy, but people INSISTED that because it''s in Vegas, people will need a year to save up to go. In fact, I had sent out a wonderful save the date text message, but apparently that wasn''t good enough.

So meh.

But here they are!!!! And thank you to all of the lovely ladies that helped me!

Oh and I decided to make them by hand because I only needed 17 total, and the smallest stationery package I could find was 25.

BTW, our "colors" are black, white, silver/gray and perhaps some bright blue/teal accents. But because our wedding is in Vegas, and we aren''t having a reception, the colors will be almost entirely on our clothes.

And those a little 2mm rhinestones on the periods in the date. I needed to have a little somethin'' somethin'' fun. It is Vegas after all.

Also, they were placed in black envelopes that I wrote out people''s names/or addresses with a silver pen.

IMG_3366 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another pic:

IMG_3367 freke.jpg

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Can you make our invites!?
30.gif
Beautiful!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Very very classy Freke! The rhinestones will match your shoes
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
They look fanastic
30.gif
, very professional you can''t tell they were DIY at all.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
I think they look great!
I have never seen a ''save the date'' card before, I guess they are not popular in Australia?

ice-queen

Shiny_Rock
Oooh, I really like the fonts you used! These look great, very elegant with a fun/funky twist!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
They are very nice!
I know it is frustrating to send a little reminder, but as a guest I really apprecieated it for distance weddings. Even with family members I couldn''t remember what date they were getting married.
emembarrassed.gif
I am just bad with dates and stuff. So the save the dates really helped remind me.
So, if you have anyone like me... I know they''ll appreciate it.
PLUS THEY TOTALLY ROCK! I Don''t know why but they remind me of dice...

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
I''m incredibly impressed... not only in the cards, which are fabulous, but also that you''re sending the STDs out a year in advance! Wow! (Note to self: must step-up wedding planning.)

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
LOVE THEM! Especially the use of a few different fonts. How exciting!

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Those turned out extremely well! Nice going.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Freke, they look awesome!!!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Super cute! Is that stardream paper? Did you have a hard time printing on it?

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely and classic. Fits you well Freke! I love them.

StarbuttsKoffee

Shiny_Rock
OMG I love it!! its very pretty!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Freke, they''re fantastic! Totally appropriate for Vegas. WOW.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Wow, loving it!!! It''s very Vegas appropriate!
36.gif

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Oh, those are COOL!!!!! What kind of paper is that?

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
they look awesome! i especially love the rhinestones! :) good job!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
The look gorgeous! Good job!!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Very cute...nice job.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Love the sparkley accent!

Kayakqueen83

Shiny_Rock
Oh Freke, they are beautiful! I especially love the gemstones. How creative!

We are going to me making our Save the Dates as well. Do you mind if I ask you some questions on how you did it?

Where did you get your card stock? Was it reasonably priced? Did you do your printing at home on a regular printer or did you have them printed at Kinkos or something? And how did you attach the ribbon and papers? Any tips or tricks? We will be making ours for about 150.... yikes! So we are looking for the best deals possible. We have a while before we have to send them out though so assembly time doesn’t really matter.

Seriously, they are gorgeous. Sorry I asked so many questions but yours looks so pretty, and I need as much help as I can get!
12.gif

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look fantastic! I can''t believe you made them yourself! Yowza!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love them! I know that throw-in-the-towel feeling... but sometimes when you give up on caring, it can lead to the most pleasant surprises (this happened with my flowers).

hisdiamondgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Freke, I love them! And the little rhinestones just make them so....you (from what I can tell of you from PS lol)!!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
choro Lol. I wish! I can''t take all of the credit for them though!

honey22 Thank you! I figured they would go well with my shoes too.

Dee I''m glad to hear it. There are a few mess-ups that you can definitely tell they were DIY, but then I got things figured out better and they came out pretty well.

Lara You''re very lucky that they aren''t popular in Australia. It was not my favorite project to do by far. I probably should have made them a bit simpler, but I went for the whole nine yards. Lol.

ice-queen Thanks! I can''t take credit for the fonts at all though, that is what I mostly had help with.

tlh Lol! I really didn''t want to have to deal with it, but I know that you''re right, that no one will remember what the date is as well as FI and I. I actually already had one guest questioning me about it. The thing is, there are only 2 guests that are coming in from out of town (and I SO hope they decide to not come--my dad wants them there and I really really REALLY don''t) and the rest we see or talk to on at least a weekly basis. That''s one of the requirements we set for guests.

Inanna Don''t stress about it too much! I wanted to get them done as soon as I could (aka right before school started--which didn''t really work out) because once school starts, my schedule is pretty unpredictable. So all of the printing was finished and they were all assembled before school started, I just have to send them out now. Or hand them out as the case mostly is here.

Clairitek I wish I could get credit for that!

pjean Thanks!!!

meresal Thank you!!!

Lanie I don''t know what kind of paper it is. I just know that I got it from Hobby Lobby, I think it was called Beargrass. It''s the whitest pearlized paper they had. I have spent entirely too much time in their paper aisle trying to figure out which papers go with other papers and blah blah blah. I do know that it is coated though. As for printing, I just used a normal printer at home. The problem that I had is that because it''s coated paper, the ink didn''t soak into the paper and just sat on top instead. So I had to lay them all out and I left them overnight and the next day the ink had finally dried. I think there was one that may have gotten a little wet and was smeared a tiny bit. Oh well...

fiery Thank you!!! How are your wedding plans coming??

Starbutts Thank you! And thank you for all of your help when I was stressing out about them before!!!

Hudson Thank you! I''m glad you think so!

lliang Thanks!!!! I hope so!!!

Winks Thank you!! I don''t know what kind of paper it is really! I just know it''s coated pearlized paper from Hobby Lobby! (I did think about getting the glitter paper for a while, but my friend talked me out of it.)

BB You have inspired me to do DIY (well, you and the price of plain ol'' preprinted STDs/invites) so thank you! And of course the rhinestones...

Dreamgirl Thank you!!!

Italia Thanks!!!

EricaR Thank you!!

Kayak Ask away! The black cardstock was also from Hobby Lobby. I kind of raided the paper aisle, lol. A whole bunch of sheets of it came in a package. That was actually what inspired me to have the stiff background be black. I think it was 50 sheets for 5 dollars or so? I don''t have the wrapping or the receipt for it anymore, otherwise I could probably tell you for sure. I printed them at home on my dad''s printer (we don''t have one that works anymore) but the problem was that since it was coated paper, the ink didn''t absorb into it, so I let it sit out and dry overnight (that took up a lot of room because there were only 2 per sheet) but it wasn''t really a big deal. Attaching the ribbon and the papers....that was a huge mess. I had made a sample for my dad, which turned out great, and I had just used a glue stick. Well I gave it to him, and he pulled the white piece off of the black piece right away--and it came off easily. So that didn''t work. The next go around used too much glue and it totally messed up the white paper once it dried. So basically this worked--the ribbon was glued on using some gel glue. I only glued the side that the ribbon ends met on--which was also the side the paper went over, so it covered everything up. Then I got a little creative and invested in double stick tape to get the white paper to stick to the black paper and the ribbon. Lol. It worked, and it didn''t dimple the papers.

One thing I did do was visit the aisle with envelopes before I hit up the paper aisle. And that''s how I decided what my invites will be too (giant vellum envelopes la la la). Also, I made FI take me to his office to use the paper cutter, and that wasn''t a great idea. Their paper cutter kind of sucked. So I bought a little plastic one from Hobby Lobby, and that has worked much better. It''s not perfect still, but I''m ok with that. One thing I started panicking on was that I was thinking guest list total, and "I can''t make around 40 STDs by myself!" and then I sat down and counted out how many I actually needed, and thought, "well it''s stupid to buy almost 10 more than I''ll need." Lets just say, thank goodness for kids that inflate my guest list count but deflate my invite list count.

Um...If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!

kama Thanks!! I keep looking at your avatar and giggling.

musey I don''t remember what happened with your flowers. Am I a total space cadet or did you not tell us? And that throw in the towel feeling...it happened with the shoes too. I''m so happy we''re doing this in Vegas and they take care of everything. Seriously. My dad kind of freaked out at the price, and he still didn''t understand what all was included in the package, but for the convenience of it...totally worth it to me. Even if I have to scrimp on some other things.

hisdiamondgirl Thank you!!! I think they probably needed a little bit of blue in there somewhere to be even more like me, but I still think they accomplished it well. And besides, the invite design I have in my head, has blue. So they will get their dose of blue from me eventually!

Now I just need to figure out the invite situation, decide where to have the dinner afterward, and figure out when to send out the invitation...and find my second pair of wedding shoes...(this is Freke after all...)

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
I love them!!! They are perfect for your Vegas wedding. Very nice job!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2009 2:41:18 PM
Author: FrekeChild
musey I don't remember what happened with your flowers. Am I a total space cadet or did you not tell us? And that throw in the towel feeling...it happened with the shoes too. I'm so happy we're doing this in Vegas and they take care of everything. Seriously. My dad kind of freaked out at the price, and he still didn't understand what all was included in the package, but for the convenience of it...totally worth it to me. Even if I have to scrimp on some other things.
Oh nothing that notable... I just put it off until the VERY last minute (umm... two weeks before the wedding
3.gif
) and just picked a whatever florist near the venue (no research) and just pointed out some colors and flower types and called it a day! I think I spent about 15 minutes in the shop.

I only needed two bouquets so I could afford to wait that long, but it worked out very, very well in the end and I loved my flowers! Probably more than if I'd put a ton of effort into trying to make them "perfect." I think letting go lets us be pleasantly surprised and happy with what turns out!
9.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I think they look awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results