shape
carat
color
clarity

Mega rock spotted

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
A friend of mine sent me a link to a video highlight clip of a football player''s wedding- it was gorgeous. Anyway, look what made me pause the clip & drool- it''s huge! Sorry for the poor quality- it''s a screen cap.

hj35v

Here''s the link if you''re interested:
http://cvpexperience.com/cvpweddings/cvpweddings.shtml/

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is a rock! The video was beautiful, too. I love that pretty pale pink and white..very elegant.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2006 9:40:02 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Wow, that is a rock! The video was beautiful, too. I love that pretty pale pink and white..very elegant.

I agree. Her ring is divine
30.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!!
30.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That puppy dwarfs Erica's who is engaged to Dr Phil's son
6.gif
and hers is 5 carats, I therefore place my bet that this one must be around 8 carats or so unless this gal has tiny fingers. I can't believe I am saying this, but maybe there is such a thing as too big in a round, I love 'finger hang" where a honker casually 'drops' from the finger a bit, but this one looks a bit much. Maybe I haven't had enough coffee yet, I can't believe I am writing this!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Too big. And why is it on her right hand?

(I didn''t watch the clip in case my ? was answered in there)

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
9.gif
There is no such thing as a too-big round brilliant!
9.gif
3.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2006 8:51:20 AM
Author: Madam Bijoux
9.gif
There is no such thing as a too-big round brilliant!
9.gif
3.gif
LOL I just knew someone would say that.
9.gif

Carey

Shiny_Rock
As beautiful as it is I don''t know if I could wear it every day (but I would definitely TRY!), and it looks like a 12 ct stone someone I know got this spring, so that''s my guess as to the size! WooooHoooo!

Larissa

Shiny_Rock
I didn''t watch the clip.

It''s common for engaged-and-getting-married women to wear their engagement rings on their right hand on the day of the wedding so that during the ceremony the groom/husband can put the wedding band on the left hand. Afterward, the woman may put the engagement ring back on the left hand. The rings are then stacked "properly" with the wedding band closest to the palm and engagement ring on top of it. Having the engagement ring on the right hand means that the bride doesn''t have to take off the wedding band less than 5 minutes after she got it to switch the rings back to "proper" order.

I swear, the day of the wedding must be the most superstitious time in one''s life!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Larissa, thanks for the explanation. While it may very well be common now, it wasn''t when I got married almost 25 years ago, so that''s why I was confused.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it only works if the e-ring can FIT on the right hand! I can''t remember now what I did with mine during my wedding, but I am sure I had the ring finger with no ring so the wedding band could go there.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lord knows I love me a big round, and as a shameless size ho I never thought I''d say this but......that stone is too big!!!!!
6.gif
An older woman could probably carry that off gracefully, but a young ''un with itty bitty fingers like that? Over-the-top, I say!
6.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
NO WAY its not too big...I''d wear it!
11.gif
Finger hang...YUM! It looks like she has rings like mine too, with the third flanking ring, so of course now I am all ''honey I need a 10c!!''
9.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I''m with Mara - man, I would SOOOOO wear that! I say, the bigger the better (assuming a GREAT cut, of course!
2.gif
) -- so... let ''er DROOP, baby!!! YUM-O!!!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I think I could manage to wear it and have honker hang! I love HUGE RBs.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Their wedding video was lovely, I actually thought all of the groomsmen looked really nice in their ivory tuxes. I think the ring is a bit big for my taste, at least I don''t think I could pull it off. It did look lovely on her though since she didn''t wear a lot of other jewelry. I think a stone gets too big when it covers the entire width of the finger. I''d like to see a little bit of the shank too.

tanuki

Shiny_Rock
It''s big, but then again so is the fourth Mrs Trump''s.

I think it looks lovely. I can''t imagine what the insurance must be on it. I''ll bet she has to keep it in a safe most of the time anyway.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is a huge (but nowhere close to too huge) rock!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results