shape
carat
color
clarity

Meet Oliver!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Look at him next to that big food bowl. How cute is that.
Oh Ollie!

He''s so adorable.

mightyred

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/31/2005 8:37:01 PM
Author: sevens one
Oh Ollie!

He''s so adorable.
Don''t you just love the nickname Ollie !
9.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/31/2005 8:38:00 PM
Author: mightyred

Date: 5/31/2005 8:37:01 PM
Author: sevens one
Oh Ollie!

He''s so adorable.
Don''t you just love the nickname Ollie !
9.gif
Yup, I love it.
21.gif

He has fleas.
7.gif

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/31/2005 9:47:38 PM
Author: Patty

He has fleas.
7.gif
OOOHHHH NOOOOO! Not fleas!
32.gif
Poor little guy. At least he is so little that you should be able to find ''em pretty quick! Good luck Patty!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/31/2005 9:56:03 PM
Author: icelady

Date: 5/31/2005 9:47:38 PM

He has fleas.
7.gif
OOOHHHH NOOOOO! Not fleas!
32.gif
Poor little guy. At least he is so little that you should be able to find ''em pretty quick! Good luck Patty!
How can that happen to a puppy?
8.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI Patty:

He is absolutely dreamy--fleas and all (but I am sad about the fleas--poor pooch)
emdog.gif

cheers--Sharon

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
That puppy is ADORABLE! Congrats on the new addition to the family
1.gif

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
Patty,

Oliver is very adorable!!!! Don''t forget to take more photos for us furbaby parents! I am so happy for you all
21.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
How''s he doing????? MORE pics!!!!!!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been taking more pictures on my regular old camera so when I finish the roll, I''ll scan them.

Oliver is still cute as can be but he''s a little peeing, pooping machine. When he''s not doing that, he''s chewing on the furniture or biting Rosie''s ear or our feet. I told my daughter that is why God makes babies and puppies so cute...So that you don''t throw them out the window.
9.gif

This summer will be an adjustment for my 21 year old daughter. All of her friends are going to bars in the evenings but she has to stay home until Oliver goes down for the night and then Oliver is ready to be up and playing at 6:30 in the morning. She said that she wants to get Oliver to adjust to her schedule, LOL. She''s off work now until the 13th so she has some time to work on training him.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/30/2005 11:58:34 PM
Author: websailor
Patty,

Is he possessed?
emotion-14.gif
Those red eyes really glow!

LOL....couldn''t resist. He is a cutie!

9.gif
He certainly has a bit of devil in him.
11.gif
But I did work on taking out some of his red eye...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh, I so want that puppy. He is just too cute
3.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
He just melts your heart!!!!!

Diachi

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on Mr. Oliver-he is SUPER cute!!!

FYI-Fleas are a natural occurence and dogs (and people) can pick them up anywhere-the carpet, grass, etc. On puppies so young, a topical flea treatment is WAY to toxic and a natural alternative should be found. Since I have tiny dogs, we use a dab of Palmolive mixed in to their shampoo once a week (coats the fleas and drowns them since they breath through tiny openings in their sides) and vacuum (sp?) like mad during flea season. A chopped up flea collar in the bag will kill any eggs/fleas picked up so they don''t jump back out again! There are other solutions as well but this works well for us.

Also, 6 weeks is an extremely young age to let a toy breed puppy go and you should be supplementing Oliver with moist food suitable for puppies as well as adding things like cottage cheese, hard boiled eggs (never raw whites, they cause a protein breakdown in puppies muscles), etc. There are millions of raising/feeding opinions out there, just do a search on google and you will see!

Puppies almost always have worms. They are carried via the milk from the bitch which activates the otherwise dormant worms in her system. Ask your vet for a puppy-safe dewormer and schedule (usually at 2, 4, 6, & 8 weeks) for Oliver to help rid him of parasites.

There is also a wealth of information out there regarding vaccination and shot schedules. It has been found that as a country, American pet owners and the veterinary industry severally over-vaccinates our pets that may lead to health issues such as cancer. UC Davis has a WONDERFUL, consumer-friendly brochure on the subject that is very informative: http://www.vmth.ucdavis.edu/vmth/clientinfo/info/genmed/vaccinproto.html will help you out!

I can''t wait to see more pictures of the little devil! It looks like he will be a charmer when he grows up!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the info Diachi. We take Oliver to the vet for his first check up tomorrow. We have given him a bath with Dawn twice now and we have not seen any fleas since the second one. I will do the chopped up flea collar in the vacume bag, though, for sure! He is having wet food for now with a bit of dry food as a reward for pottying on the paper and in his toy thingy that holds food.

When is flea season? Summer time?

icekid

Ideal_Rock
ooooh I can see I am going to have lots of questions for Diachi when I get my puppy! (at the end of July, I think!)
1.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I just have to brag here. Oliver seems to be catching on to the paper training! He has had almost no accidents today! (None with me, I''m not sure about when he was with my daughter.) We have been putting him on the paper a lot. But today, he began trotting over to the newspaper by the door on his own when he needed to go. It''s the cutest thing! Of course we all act like he''s the greatest thing since sliced bread when he potties on the paper so it''s no wonder that he''s doing it.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2005 9:39:48 PM
I just have to brag here. Oliver seems to be catching on to the paper training! He has had almost no accidents today! (None with me, I''m not sure about when he was with my daughter.) We have been putting him on the paper a lot. But today, he began trotting over to the newspaper by the door on his own when he needed to go. It''s the cutest thing! Of course we all act like he''s the greatest thing since sliced bread when he potties on the paper so it''s no wonder that he''s doing it.
Patty, I understand completely. Regular pee & poo is a beautiful thing...Woohoo!
36.gif
2.gif

Diachi

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/3/2005 9:39:48 PM
That is wonderful and exactly right! Continue praising him when he acts correctly and ignoring him when he doesn''t...Flea season is generally considered May-September in the Midwest USA but can change depending on the region.

What a cute puppy! I knocked our jeweler''s socks off when I asked if he had ever had anyone buy diamonds for their pets...he said "No" until I brought in my .25 carat, yellow gold pendant hanging off of my doggy''s collar, LOL!!! I can''t wait to get him the matching stone from my ring (square radiant)!!!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Oliver''s brother Riley came over yesterday to play!

I think Riley looks much more like a Shih Tsu with his smashed in face. He also has darker eyes and a darker nose.

Do you think Oliver was adopted?
2.gif

again22.jpg

again20.jpg

again19.jpg

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
He is soo cute! I just want to hold him! Congrats to your daughter and to you on your new grandpuppy!

lost on 5th

Shiny_Rock
awwww.... now i want a puppy!!
18.gif
35.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sooooo cute, you could eat them up!!!!

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
I love the photos
21.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
They are absolutely beautiful! Oliver is such a sweetheart! Awww, I want one!
face23.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
In the name of all that is Holy...those two muffins need to be squeezed by ME.
3.gif
18.gif
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results