shape
carat
color
clarity

Meet Nordic Queen

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,

I upgraded my wedding ring with this violet spinel from Gemrite.

gemritevioletspineloval114.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
This was the vendor picture that made me buy the spinel. Yum!

gemritevioletspineloutdoor3.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
When I got the stone, I was shocked. I knew it had some grey, but in our lights in the evening, it looked monochromatic. My husband actually loved the stone, so I agreed to keep it. And when day came I fell so in love with the stone that I decided to put it in my upgrade. I love love love the end result!

nordicqueen1.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
The diamonds look so white in comparison!

norducqueen2.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Contrast :)

norducqueen3.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
This is what she looks like often, this is my favorite color. She''s very moody. I''m now posting her good side, later I''ll post some very nordic (suitable as I live in Finland) moody and grey pics.

nordicqueen4.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
I loooooooooooooove the setting. I found a great local jeweler for this project, reasonable too.

nordicqueen5.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Handshot, another true to life color.

nordicqueen6.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I love it. I had thought about that stone as my ering stone for a while. I''m glad it went to a good home. It''s just gorgeous!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Showing off the cut, and a bit of the grey. This cut is so amazing, that even though I''m no fan of ovals, I love it. The stone seems to float on beams of light and be so deep you can just gaze at it forever. Sigh.

nordicqueen7.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I remember reading about this in your long thread. It felt nice to be "gem-buddies"
1.gif
I love the stone you got, though. That blue is amazing!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I especially love how the ring''s profile turned out - seems like a very good craftsmanship!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Wow it's really beautiful!! It's going on my top 5 list of PS faves!! I love the cut.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks mr. ma re! The craftmanship is excellent, a real old timer made it for me. I''m so happy with the work. The proportions are excellent, so the design becomes something unique, despite the simplicity of it.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Thankyou so much. Wow, that''s a lovely compliment
1.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Wow! This has to be one of my fave coloured gem rings - tiger, you have fantastic taste in jewellery, I love
all your pieces. But this is really beautiful and elegant - and I love it even more as I have this stones exact little sister from John,
now I am convinced to set in E-W.

fab! I love it!! It looks gorgeous on you, and that setting seems very well made - yay for decent local
jewellers right?!

30.gif
36.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! I have a soft spot for those bezeled/semi-bezeled designs. So beautiful and wearable. Wonderful ring. Wear it in good health!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much sweetie
1.gif
Don''t you love the cut of your oval? I love this local jeweler, his prices seem really good. The shank is white gold, but all of the parts of the actual setting are platinum, and it was still very affordable.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Thankyou FlyGirl, I''m pleased with how the semi-bezel turned out. I like being able to see the stone!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!! What are the stone dimensions? Just curious.

Congratulations and enjoy!!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely! That is an awesome ring and stone! Congrats!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Hi tourmaline_lover, thankyou
9.gif

The dimensions are 7.36x 5.89x 3.95mm, and it''s 1,14 carats, thanks for reminding me to include them.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
WOW, WOW, WOW... it''s beautiful!!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
The stone, setting and diamonds look great together! It''s perfect!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s gorgeous!!!

I was actually thinking of doing something similar 4 years down the road. Mind if I ask what ring size you wear? I''m having a tough time figuring out proportions, lol.

It''s so pretty!!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Hi mochi, thanks that means a lot to me coming from you with all of your gorgeous pieces
10.gif

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks innerkitten
9.gif

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Hi MakingTheGrade,

Thankyou, I was actually just thinking that I have found "my" ideal proportions for an everyday wear ring. I''m really happy with the finger coverage and height on this one. My finger size is a 6, and the diamonds are 0.30 (I think that''s what the jeweler said, someone correct me if it''s totally unrealistic
20.gif
, I know nothing about diamonds!).

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/20/2009 11:00:46 AM
Author: mariedtiger
Hi MakingTheGrade,

Thankyou, I was actually just thinking that I have found ''my'' ideal proportions for an everyday wear ring. I''m really happy with the finger coverage and height on this one. My finger size is a 6, and the diamonds are 0.30 (I think that''s what the jeweler said, someone correct me if it''s totally unrealistic
20.gif
, I know nothing about diamonds!).
Thanks! It''s a lovely lovely ring :)

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, Marriedtiger - I just love your new ring! Such an interesting and unique setting! Lovely!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results