shape
carat
color
clarity

Meet my 2.52ct center Princess cut!

chicagogirl6

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone! :wavey:
I'm a longtime lurker and was waiting to get married to post a pic of my wedding set.

I just got married this weekend on 9/10/11 in Chicago on a boat on beautiful Lake Michigan and this is the ring that my fiancée gifted me.

It was very important for me to have a non-conflict diamond. And I got the perfect one for me! Princess cut EGL certified diamond from Austria. It has a lovely silver color to it.

specs below are from the certificate:

Weight: 2.52ct
Measurements: 7.31 x 7.19 x 5.66mm
Depth: 78.7%
Table Diameter: 78%
Crown Height: 11%
Depth: 52%
Color: H
Clarity: SI-2
14K white-gold. Size 5.

the side stones are between .10-.11ct each. 14 total. Round Brilliants set in an open U-shaped prong. Total weight approx. 1.40ctw. 3/4 eternity band. G-H color, VS-2/SI-1 clarity. Size 5.

the wedding band is similar, 15 total RB weighing 1.58ctw. G-H color, VS-2/SI-1 clarity. Size 5.

Since the side diamonds are open, they would eventually end up scratching the center setting prongs so I got a 1mm spacer from ebay seller jumpey2003 for a great price!

So all-in-all I have 5.5cts on my hand :)

All pics are from my iPhone.

Rings 002.jpg

Rings 004.jpg

Rings 006.jpg

Rings 008.jpg

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Look at that bling!! Wonderful set. Congratulations on your marriage!

Non-conflict was important to us, too. You said your diamond comes from Austria? I had no idea they mined diamonds in Austria...! That's very close to home for me, so it's interesting.

chicagogirl6

Rough_Rock
thank you! I'm not sure where I got Austria from! I meant to say it was came from/was graded in Antwerp but probably grew up in the ground somewhere else :tongue: I do know that it's conflict-free though :)

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congrats on your marriage and your lovely bling! It looks amazing on your beautiful hand! Thanks for sharing!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your Lake Michigan wedding! Did you get married on one of the tour boats? Lovely ring set!

chicagogirl6

Rough_Rock
AprilBaby said:
Congratulations on your Lake Michigan wedding! Did you get married on one of the tour boats? Lovely ring set!

thank you. Yes we did! we had a really small wedding about 60 guests total. we rented a boat called the Summer of George and got married by a revered dockside, then the boat sailed down the chicago river for dinner and then off to Lake Michigan for dancing and the rest of the night.

While we were docked and getting married, we had a whole crowd of bystanders watching us as the boat is docked by one of the main bridges (close to the Trump Tower, on Dearborn Street for the Chicago folks!) and when we were pronounced married and kissed, our guests cheered and so did all the bystanders watching us from above! it was pretty cool.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh la la!! I'm loving all that bling! Gorgeous - big and beautiful, as well as tasteful and elegant! :love:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
stunning!! :love:

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
congrats! it's a beautiful set~ :appl:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that's a lot of bling!! :love: Your princess is lovely.

Congrats on your marriage!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring set, with a serious amount of bling! That's what I love, and girl you got it! Congratulations on your marriage and glad
it was the lovely day you wanted!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :love: :love: love your set! I like how the spacer just gives enough gap between all that bling so that your eyes can appreciate each beautiful ring. :appl: :appl: :appl:

renogirl

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!! Your rings are just gorgeous :love: :love: :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful rings!!! :love: And you did your homework well to know to get the spacer!!! :appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Luv 'em! Congrats!

cheers--Sharon

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now thats a finger full! Congratulations!!!

Just_Ducky

Rough_Rock
Beautiful set! Congrats on getting married! :appl: Are you guys heading off to a honeymoon?

SB621

Ideal_Rock
beautiful set. Normally I'm not a fan of princess cuts but yours is just spectacular! Congrats on getting married! :appl:

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous set!!!
Please, can you post pictures of your wedding band alone? It's beautiful!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice to meet your beautiful PC and wedding set. I bet you have a hard time not admiring it all day. :appl: :appl:

chicagogirl6

Rough_Rock
purplesilk said:
Gorgeous set!!!
Please, can you post pictures of your wedding band alone? It's beautiful!!!

gladly!
sorry for the quality. they are from my iphone. it's a 3/4 eternity band.

marcy said:
Nice to meet your beautiful PC and wedding set. I bet you have a hard time not admiring it all day. :appl: :appl:

lol yes sometimes i stare at it at work and before i know it, i've gotten sucked in and did nothing all day!

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Thanks a lot for posting new pictures: I'm in love with your wedding band!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
beautiful, I really like your spacer too, it's looks excellent! Congratulations!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your Marriage!!!!! Your set is Beautifully Blingy! :appl: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results