shape
carat
color
clarity

Meet my 1.3ct L-M OEC!

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
:lickout:

Received my e-ring diamond today!! AHHHHHH that means we'll be getting engaged eventually! :naughty:

It isn't certed, but has previously been appraised at 1.3ct L-M.

I'm pretty sure I gasped when I opened the package in the middle of the fedex depot. Everyone who was at the desk ooo'd and ahhh'd right along with me! I've seen OECs before but they were much smaller, darker, and lazier. That said, I don't have much to compare to - but I'm seriously in love with this little lady! I'm pretty sure she has most of what people find desirable in OECs... small table, high crown, crisp faceting, nice contrast throughout. I know she isn't perfect, but that's part of the charm I think. :))

After seeing the colour (which I wasn't sure I'd like) I'm shocked at her amazing personality. She's warm in these pictures but quite a lovely shade of white face-up in person. I'm crossing my fingers that I'll still be able to do 18k rose gold like I've planned.

We'll send her off to ERD to be set in the near future! And the setting will be a smaller version of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gvik2dibtg

And here's a video of the sparkle! Under halogens in my kitchen.
http://youtu.be/bKPY_pGkd2I

omg1.jpg
omg3.jpg
omg2.jpg
omg4.jpg
omg5.jpg
omg6.jpg
omg7.jpg

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's gorgeous! The stone is all of the prettiest features of a good oec and it will be stunning in that setting!! Awesome job! :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, I love it!!!! :love: So pretty!!! Congratulations!! :appl: And all the best on your upcoming engagement-this is a very exciting time for you guys!!!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its a beautiful stone, Lin_ny!! Very nice choice!!! Love all your pics :appl:

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Well, you know what I think of it :naughty: :love:

I think rose gold will look so lovely with your skin tone! You should try to find some coppery metals and see what the stone looks like next to them. Usually I think warm stones that show a yellow tint look better in yellow rather than rose gold, but you may be able to pull it off! So looking forward to seeing it set!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!! :love: I love the setting, too!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful diamond :love: :love: :love: I love the setting you're planning. Congratulations!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful!!! Can't wait to see your ring...I think the setting will be perfect. Dust that you come off the list soon!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Hear hear to seeing it with yellow/rose gold next to it! I'd love to see a comparison. :appl:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful OEC!! :appl:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That setting is going to b amazing with your stone!

D

Deactivated member 42515

I'm soooooo happy you finally got your diamond!!! Remember those days when you were like "gee, I wish I had a diamond..." Yea right! Your diamond has totally erased your memory of all diamonds! It is gorgeous!!!!! And it is gonna look even more amazing when you have it on your finger and you are ENGAGED! AHHHHHH!! :appl: :appl:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A far cry from a blue sapphire, lol! It is truly beautiful and will be perfect in rose gold. I love your second photo where you can see the dispersion all over your hand :))

amandaz

Rough_Rock
Congrats, beautiful stone and it will look gorgeous in that setting!

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Oh congratulations! :appl: I've followed a bit of your story so I'm very happy for you to have a diamond in your hand. It's lovely!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
It is really beautiful!

gemtastic

Shiny_Rock
it glows!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful and I LOVE the setting you have picked out!

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE it! :love:

I love the setting too, and rose gold is one of my favorites. I can't wait to see the finished product!

So happy for you! :appl:

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
lovely stone!!

congrats on getting your stunning stone

looking forward to seeing more pics once this beauty is set

:appl: :appl: :appl:

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! Very pretty - can't wait to see the finished ring!

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
disclaimer: i say thank you about 1,000 times in this post. :lol:

yennyfire - thank you so much. it weird but it feels good to know other PSers think it's pretty too. it's important to me. :))

missy - thank you - 'upcoming engagement' sounds crazy! i kinda can't believe it'll be real one day!

Enerchi - thank you kindly. :))

GemFever - :sun: you're awesome. sadly, SO stole the diamond and hid it away. :blackeye: there will be no comparing of rose/yellow gold next to it. that is, until we send it to ERD and I'll be asking for some comparisons and opinions from their end for sure!

diamondseeker2006 - thank you so much. means a lot coming from a serious PS veteran like yourself! ;))

woofmama - thank you. i kind of think of this diamond like a child. we aren't sure what other people will think, but despite that, we really, really love it. :lol: :love:

pandabee - you and me alike! i am dying just waiting for it to be sent to ERD to get made so i can WEAR IT!!! :appl: thank you!!

Chewbacca - came home from work and SO had moved my precious. it's gone now, to the land where I don't get to see it or talk about it! booooo! so no comparison shots sadly... i'm hoping ERD will give me some comparison shots with different golds and some opinions. if not, i guess we'll just wing it! what could be so bad about that gorgeous 18k rose gold, right?! i'll just be happy its on my finger. haha. :wink2:

Laila619 - thank you so much!

motownmama - i'm really hoping so! thank you!!!

YT - thank you so much... aww you're sweet! this means a lot coming from you... you have a diamond that is totally TDF. my diamond wants to be your diamond when it grows up!!! and you're SO right... this diamond is gonna be killer on my finger when i'm rocking it as my e-ring! ahhhh so exciting! :appl:

minousbijoux - ahhhh, its like you know my whole journey and train of thought from the time i discovered pricescope until now. far cry from a sapphire, indeed. but i'm really happy that my journey took me here - because i think this is the most perfect thing for me!! i'm hoping it'll be perfect in rose. 18k rose is kind of peachy/champagne-y which I think will compliment it nicely. let's hope!

amandaz - thank you so much! i hope so too! :))

JaneSmith - :lol: I feel like a celebrity. thank you!!

lknvrb4 - thanks! i think so too! :love:

gemtastic - it really does. like a warm bowl of vanilla pudding that's lit on fire. but whiter in person. :lol:

stargurl78 - ohhh thank you! i can't take any credit for the setting... it was someone else's amazing creation that i'm about to totally rip off! haha!

two_little_birds - thank you kindly. i'm hoping the romantic-ness of the rose gold will fit nicely with the old stone. i can't wait to post pics of the final product! :))

heliotrope - wow i got three clappy hands! thank you so much. there will be no delay in posting pics once i receive it don't you worry! :D

Jax172 - thank you so much! :bigsmile:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful!! I missed story of this oec... where did you find it?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is one beautiful OEC!!! :love: And I adore the setting, it will look perfect with your stone - I'm so excited for you, and can't wait to see the finished piece on your hand!

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
ForteKitty|1361585591|3388238 said:
It's beautiful!! I missed story of this oec... where did you find it?
Bought it pre-loved from a WONDERFUL PSer, Gemfever (hope she doesn't mind me mentioning it). :appl:

It's actually... *gasp*... chipped. So we paid a fraction of the price that we would have if it wasn't. And because we don't have a lot of money to spend (we just built a house), it just seems meant to be. I've cleared it with ERD and they will set it in the bezel (which is not only my dream setting but will serve as protection, too) and we'll ride the ring/diamond out as long as we can. If something happens to it, it happens. Right now it's going to give me the feel I want for a fraction of the price of a comparable sized non-chipped diamond. And you never know, it could stay in this condition for the next 50 years.

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
junebug17|1361586954|3388254 said:
Wow, that is one beautiful OEC!!! :love: And I adore the setting, it will look perfect with your stone - I'm so excited for you, and can't wait to see the finished piece on your hand!
Thank you so much junebug! I'm hoping they're made to be together, kinda like SO and I :love: Ugh, I'm being so cheesy. hahaha.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
The personality even comes through in the photos!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
That is a beautiful OEC...very sparkly...I can see why you gasped. congrats!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm just back to oggle and say once again that the creamy color and those pastel sparks will look crazy good in 18k rose gold. I want!

Smart move to get a - gasp! - chipped stone and save a bucketload of $$.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Came back to admire a bit ::) Love your avatar Linny!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results