shape
carat
color
clarity

Measurements????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kathio22

Rough_Rock
I have noticed that measurements are important, I guess? I am so new to this! Why do measurements matter? I thought it was just weight. Hmmm. I have notice that smaller weights have higher measurements than mine. Thanks for all the help and advice!!

Here are my measurements:

5.40 x 5.31 x 4.40

What does this mean LOL?

lovesparkles

Rough_Rock
Measurements are important because I can see how wide your stone is, but I can't tell how much it weighs without taking it out of the setting and putting it on a scale!
9.gif

In my very limited knowledge, your stone seems to face up a bit small for its weight. Do you know the other specs (depth, etc)?

Also, if you're comparing it to a friend's stone, it's very important to know what shape her stone is. For example, a quick search on pricescope reveals that a 1-1.3ct round H&A will be 6.5-7mm in diameter. A princess of the same weight is 5.5-6.2mm on one side. Based on my 10 second search, of course.

kathio22

Rough_Rock
Can you please tell me where you found this info??

icelovr

Shiny_Rock
Kathy,
check out the top of this page...Pricescope...click on it and yuo will go to diamond heaven...put in what you are looking for (shape, weight etc) and you will get a search back w/ info on stones...look off to the side and see the measurements of each - they may have the same ct. weight, but not the same dimensions...kinda like shoes...all 8 1/2's are the same - it depends on the cutter in this case... all 1.50 ct princess stones don't have the same measurements...also look at the rounds - like the previous post indicated...do the same type of search for a round...you will see a 1.3ct round doesn't have the same measurements as a 1.3ct princess - so when you look at them both side-by-side one will look larger ... in most cases...depending of course on the measurements...does this help?
Icelovr

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results