shape
carat
color
clarity

Meaning of TTLB?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Occasionally I see a broker/jeweler list all the certs on their diamond inventory (GIA,EGL,etc). Some list letters like "TTLB" as well. I seem to remember seeing variations of the letters listing also. What does this mean in diamond jargon?

Thanks in advance for your help!
1.gif

AmPm

Rough_Rock
Hi there,
TTLB is related to colour grading in diamonds, this grade falls into the brown series, stands for Top Top Light brown, a slightly tinted white diamond (J-L)grading with a tint of brown. You've probably seen TLB as well lower colour grade (M-0) with a tint of brown, Top Light Brown. Hope this gives you an understanding!

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so very much for the information. I kinda guessed it was not the best designation for diamonds, but just couldn't decifer it. Kinda like reading net chat shorthand. See it enough, in context and you begin to figure it out. Not this time.

Thanks again!
2.gif

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Thats right ttlb top top Light brown (usally its just tlb but I guess they want to make it look like a better grade
1.gif
~ They are cheap, cheap , cheap and they face up white under the mall stores lights ,shows off a good price point and then you get them in the real world and they are brown. Mostly used on small diamonds.

I had a customer come in and said she was tired of buying jewelry in the mall and getting home and the diamonds were always brown.

Trick of the trade ~

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Sometimes ttlb stands for Top Tinted Light Brown also...

trichrome

Shiny_Rock
TTLB stands for Terrible Texan Looking Babe.

Trichrome.

RubyBleu

Rough_Rock
There is nothing wrong at all with TTLB stones - and they ARE NOT your typical Mall Stones either. Your typical mall stones are whiter goods with much heavier piquee - they look like smashed chalk (see Zales et al). TTLB's are relatively inclusion free when compared clarity to clarity. They are also usually better cut than your low-end commercial or promo makes - and it is this that makes them sparkle and shine better than the whiter mall counterpart, and thus makes them an option many consumers choose. TTLB's also cost MORE in Antwerp than your chalky mall goods (slightly). There are diamonds out there for all people - TTLB's remain a very attractive option and can be beautiful.

RB

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results