shape
carat
color
clarity

meaning of "LLH" stamp on vintage necklace?

sweetleila

Rough_Rock
My mother has asked me to help her determine the meaning of a stamp on the back of a necklace that belongs to her mother.

The necklace was a gift to my grandmother from a British Sergeant Major in 1941 when she lived in Bone, Algeria (present day Tunisia) during WWII. The necklace was shipped to him from England.

My mother provided the following description: The pendant, which is on a gold chain, consists of a metal setting containing three deep blue aquamarine rectangles on either side of a diamond-shaped aquamarine. On the back of the pendant, inscribed in the metal were the words:

Rolled

LLH

Gold

She uses the word aquamarine to denote color, not stone type, and I can't exactly imagine what the pendant looks like from her description.

I understand "rolled gold" is Europe's term for gold filled, but what does "LLH" mean? I've looked everywhere and found nothing.

Thank you for your help!!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Rolled gold and gold filled are simular by are not the same thing.Rolled gold has more gold content then gold filled and so items like watch cases wear on their corners much longer before wear points show up. In order of wearability its Rolled gold,gold filled,Heavy gold electroplate and then gold plate is the thinnest amount of gold content.

sweetleila

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the clarification!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results