shape
carat
color
clarity

McGivern Diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pearl

Rough_Rock
Hi I am new to this forum.
wavey.gif

Anyway, I looked at McGivern''s Diamonds website (www.overnightdiamonds.com) and I was wondering if anyone here on the forums has done business with them, or knows of someone who has done business with this company.

I am personally looking for a radiant cut diamond. .5-.8 carats, D-F, IF-VVS2. Or if anyone has suggestions of great sites and/or retailers let me know.

Thanks

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
I was in McGivern's B&M shop and was not impressed.

My recommendation would be to give your business to one of the vendors who frequent this board and freely share their knowledge with the Amateurs out there.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
I don't have first hand knowledge but my sis has shopped there.

McGivern is very reputable and has a fairly good inventory to select from. My sis has shopped in their store.

McGivern is a B&M store and my sis doesn't live in their local area. She had to drive there for another reason, was diamond shopping, heard they were good, so she stopped and looked. The B&M features would have been attractive for adjustments, etc., but she got a better price from another net vendor on a very similar diamond. The net vendor she chose shipped to a local appraiser near her, and she didn't have to pay before seeing the diamond and having it evaluated.

If you decide to go with McGivern, be sure to check return period and upgrade policies before purchase. Also, have the diamond independently verified as well.

Price wise, and cut quality, you would do better with one of the Price Scope vendors. White Flash, Nice Ice, and Good Old Gold, to name a few, have tons of information on their diamonds available on the net. Some PS vendors offer lifetime upgrades at full purchase price. Several will ship to independent appraisers prior to you having to pay, and the appraiser reports directly to you.

Hope that helps!
1.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I haven't purchased my diamond yet, but I have talked to Mike McGivern as part of my search process and liked dealing with him more than anyone else I have dealt with so far. He didn't seem biased towards any particular diamonds for internal reasons (which it seems that some are), and he seemed honest in helping me sort out the $$ to hair-splitting spec trade offs. I haven't found the right diamond through McGivern yet, but would give them a chance if I did, based on my discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results