shape
carat
color
clarity

Maytal Hannah Perfection: 3ct Emerald Cut Ring

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
So excited to FINALLY be posting this ring!!

The stone is a 3.02ct F, VS2 emerald cut with strong blue fluorescence that I purchased from IDJ a couple years ago. I worked with Joanna, who was fantastic and super accommodating, even keeping the stone on hold for me while I frantically tried to figure out how to sell a prior stone I had bought as an upgrade but changed my mind on (oops). I got a great deal on the stone because of the SBF, and Joanna and Yekutiel were absolutely correct that there are no negative effects from the fluor. Would not hesitate to purchase from IDJ again.

The setting is a custom platinum creation by Maytal Hannah, who I truly cannot recommend highly enough. Maytal nailed everything about the design and execution of this ring, from the shape of the shank (more angular to match the lines of the emerald cut, but still super comfortable to wear), to the perfect shank width (I wanted something proportional to the stone, and neither too dainty nor bulky), to the slight reverse taper that echoes the look you would get from a setting with tapered baguettes, to the delicate claw prongs, to—my favorite part—the swoopy basket that elevates and cradles the stone like a little crown. I love looking at this ring from the side just as much as from the top!!

Aside from the artistic and technical perfection of this setting, I just have to gush a little more about working with Maytal. Maytal also did the setting for my first upgrade, so I already knew that I could just tell her what I was envisioning and let her take it from there. Maytal is unfailingly sweet, patient, and genuinely cares first and foremost about making her customers happy. In between that first upgrade and this stone, I somehow managed to purchase not one but two other stones that I thought would be my final upgrade, but were not. Maytal helped me sell both of those stones, and she refused to accept any commission whatsoever, explaining again that her goal is simply to do what is best for her customers and ensure they are completely satisfied with their jewelry. That is pretty unheard of, but truly captures the essence of who Maytal is as a person and an artist. She just really, genuinely, puts her customers first.

So without any further ado, here is Maytal's ring sketch, and then some of the glamour shots that she sent me:

Ring 13.jpg Ring 15.jpg
Ring 1.jpg Ring 3.jpg Ring 7.jpg Ring 11.jpg

Last edited:

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
Perfection is an apt description. I absolutely love the simple yet strong design of the shank - it fits this stone to a T. Wear your new beauty in good health.

rosethorn

Shiny_Rock
It’s spectacular! I love the proportions of the shank - not too delicate, not too chunky. Nailed it.

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
And some bonus shots - I also had Maytal reset my diamond studs, as my ears developed a sensitivity to white gold and I figured I would go with something different for the reset. I love how these came out! But full disclosure that I am plotting to upgrade these stones at some point in the future, at which time I'll ask Maytal to create a four-prong platinum setting with a swoopy basket that complements my e-ring. But for now, I am loving the rose gold and the extra presence that the bezels add!

Earrings.jpg

And while I no longer have this ring, attached are a couple pictures of the Maytal ring that started it all for me:

Oval Ring - Flower Picture (1).PNG Oval Ring (1).JPG

Last edited:

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
Okay! That is all the pictures I have for now -- I am going to do my best with some hand shots and will post those soon!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pure class & elegance :kiss2: This is certainly a diamond that can speak for itself & needs zero fuss.

Absolutely beautiful & I can't wait to see hand shots!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
It's so exciting that your dream stone is set! Can't wait to see the hand shots @SandyK !

elizat

Ideal_Rock
It looks great and very balanced! Glad you finally set it. It is very well done and a beautiful stone.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw this on IG! Beautiful...I like the modern look of the squared-off shank and the straight lines!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Amazing! Gorgeous! Perfection!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations - STUNNING!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really appreciate the clean, bold and elegant style of this whole look. (My first ER had this style 24 years ago, but poorly executed compared to your ring.) Very fitting for a colorless EC, which is stunning btw. It's been a long time since I've seen this style of ring, and I'm loving it. I can see it standing the test of time. Can't wait to see your handshots. And so cool of Maytal to help you sell your other stones. I can see customer service is a top priority for her.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
This is stunning! I love the design you and MH created, so clean and fresh and modern yet classic. And your diamond is to die for! A perfect ring!

Would love to see some more pics of it on your hand!

Enjoy!

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much, everyone!! I haven't had a chance to respond to the comments yet, but like a good PS'er I decided to play hooky from work this afternoon and take about a million pictures (I'm sure my neighbors think I'm crazy now).

Everyone here knows that it is impossible to truly capture the magic of a diamond on camera (was especially hard to capture the SBF, which I swear just makes this stone glow), but here is my picture overload! :D

IMG-3479.jpg IMG-3482.jpg IMG-3487.jpg IMG-3515.jpg IMG-3520.jpg

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
OMG that stone!!!

*faints*

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely stunning.

I'm going to come back to this thread and those pics again and again!

Good for you to take the day off and enjoy your new ring against the backdrop of a beautiful autumn day. I have a feeling you will always remember today and "getting acquainted" with your new ring. :)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your beautiful ring! Maytal really brought the stone to life. Enjoy this beauty!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wow. Stunning photos! You live in a gorgeous spot!

cheers--Sharon

tuckie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I mean obviously the stone is a stunner… but THAT SHANK. Who knew I could be so excited about a shank! Its just the right clean, modern, strong complement to the EC.

Who needs a skinny shank? Not this gem!

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
Swoon, it's gorgeous!!! And... thank you, thank you, thank you for your indecision and introduction to Maytal. Your endorsement of her work is 100% spot on. She is absolutely wonderful! I haven't been on PS in almost a year, and I come on the day you posted?! :kiss2:

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
So beautiful! I too love the shank and the combination of elegance but strength in the setting. There's nothing quite like a beautifully made solitaire with a gorgeous diamond.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Classic and dreamy! Congratulations!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So very beautiful! A large, gorgeous EC always makes my heart flutter!

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
Perfection is an apt description. I absolutely love the simple yet strong design of the shank - it fits this stone to a T. Wear your new beauty in good health.

Thank you so much - I feel the same, and am so happy with how it turned out!
It’s spectacular! I love the proportions of the shank - not too delicate, not too chunky. Nailed it.

Thank you! And yes haha - I love how many comments are about the shank.
Pure class & elegance :kiss2: This is certainly a diamond that can speak for itself & needs zero fuss.

Absolutely beautiful & I can't wait to see hand shots!
Thank you so much! I've gotten a little behind on SMTB, but I just saw your thread and can definitely say that your new Tiffany ring is the very definition of class and elegance!

It's so exciting that your dream stone is set! Can't wait to see the hand shots @SandyK !

Thank you! I had fun with the hand shots, for once my camera roll is not just kid pictures haha.
It looks great and very balanced! Glad you finally set it. It is very well done and a beautiful stone.

Thank you! And yeah, it took me forever to get this thing set. I would wear it around the house in one of those temporary stone holders, so it is really a miracle that I didn't lose it haha. Gave me plenty of time to think about what kind of setting would work best!
I saw this on IG! Beautiful...I like the modern look of the squared-off shank and the straight lines!

I hadn't seen the IG video yet, thanks! And so glad you like the design!! I always love seeing your input on RT threads, and looking forward to seeing your ACA upgrade once set!! So exciting.

Amazing! Gorgeous! Perfection!
You are so sweet - thank you!!

Congratulations - STUNNING!

Thank you so much! I know you know your solitaires (and three-stones, and halos, and basically any other kind of setting as well...)

More! More! Thank you for the eye candy :)

Haha thank you! I did my best with the hand shots, and am now mildly obsessed with finding the best lighting conditions for more pictures...

I really appreciate the clean, bold and elegant style of this whole look. (My first ER had this style 24 years ago, but poorly executed compared to your ring.) Very fitting for a colorless EC, which is stunning btw. It's been a long time since I've seen this style of ring, and I'm loving it. I can see it standing the test of time. Can't wait to see your handshots. And so cool of Maytal to help you sell your other stones. I can see customer service is a top priority for her.

I love your description of the ring -- this captures it perfectly!! Thank you so much (and you already know I'm having fun following the evolution of your collection:kiss2:) And yes, Maytal is just the best -- I already have a mental list of future Maytal projects haha.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results