shape
carat
color
clarity

Maytal Hannah Pear Halo Engagement Ring

olliejames

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I would like to share my experience working with Maytal Hannah to create my engagement ring. I have lurked on these boards for many years and found out about Maytal through this forum.

This winter, my boyfriend gave me the go-ahead to start looking into engagement rings. I love diamonds and I am very specific about what I want…My boyfriend, on the other hand, is totally uninterested in jewelry and definitely has different taste than me. So, it was decided that I would take care of all the details and he could propose at some point with the ring, so there would still be a little element of surprise. I knew I wanted a pear double-sided halo with as much bling as possible and I purchased a lab-grown pear from the wonderful Jonathan at Distinctive Gem. (My pear is a 1.66 ct./10.64x6.43.) Once I had my stone, I started scouring these boards to find a vendor to do my setting. I was specifically looking for someone who specialized in halos and pave and who would be nice to work with.

After checking out Maytal’s work on here and her website, I quickly found an oval ring she had made for a Pricescoper that was exactly what I wanted for my pear stone. I contacted Maytal via her website and she responded the same day. She was very approachable, knowledgeable, and thorough in her response. She was prompt in giving me pricing information and posting a video on her Instagram of a pear ring she had made with the 2- and 3-sided pave work that I wanted. She was also up front with me about her lead time being longer than usual due to Covid, which was not a huge concern for me. I thought her pricing was very fair and also immediately felt very comfortable working with her, so I decided Maytal was the perfect fit for my project.

Over the next several weeks, I exchanged numerous emails with Maytal to go over details. She was always quick to respond to my questions in a thoughtful way. I am an anxious worrywart and I always felt at ease with her communication—She was always super nice, but also very clear and I never worried about any miscommunication. She was great about offering her professional opinion, while also being respectful of my input. Even though I can be very particular about what I want, I didn’t feel the need to make too many specific requests for this particular project. I felt very confident that Maytal would execute what I wanted without me having to worry about every little detail.

Maytal kept me posted throughout and sent me pictures and a video once the ring was done. Now, here’s the bad news…I have had the ring since the end of May, but my boyfriend still hasn’t given it to me. (:x2:roll2:Insert major side eye!) When the ring arrived, I did peek at it in my very dimly lit pantry—just to make sure it arrived in one piece and everything. ;)2 Even in the dark, the setting work looked perfect and the melee diamonds were super sparkly. Although my ring is encrusted with pave diamonds, it is super smooth and delicate. I cannot wait to see ring in actual light!

I was waiting to make this post until I had handshots, but I just couldn’t wait any longer to share! I really enjoyed working with Maytal and am already working on a second project with her. I will let Maytal’s pictures do the rest of the talking.

IMG_8189.jpeg IMG_8184.jpeg IMG_8182.jpeg IMG_8126.jpeg IMG_8137.jpeg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! I've only ever heard good things about MH! I hope you BF gets off his butt and ask really soon. I'm sure he planning
something special at this very moment! (fingers crossed)

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring looks gorgeous! And that pear shape with no bowtie? Perfect!

I hope you get to wear it soon.

P

Petalouda

Maytal Hannah does it again! What a gorgeous ring. Congrats!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Holy crap this is amazing! I love the bling, it is completely stunning. I would never get tired of running my fingers over the pave! So gorgeous !!

olliejames

Rough_Rock
Beautiful ring! I've only ever heard good things about MH! I hope you BF gets off his butt and ask really soon. I'm sure he planning
something special at this very moment! (fingers crossed)

Thank you! Maytal really was great in every way. Yes, my BF better get moving. He’s driving me crazy!

olliejames

Rough_Rock
Your ring looks gorgeous! And that pear shape with no bowtie? Perfect!

I hope you get to wear it soon.

Thank you! I looked through hundreds of pears online...it is hard to find a good one! I was relieved to find Jonathan’s site by his selection was narrowed down more.

olliejames

Rough_Rock
Holy crap this is amazing! I love the bling, it is completely stunning. I would never get tired of running my fingers over the pave! So gorgeous !!

Thanks! I love the bling too!

valenledge

Shiny_Rock
Love, love, love this so much!!!! Maytal's work is so fine. All of that pave is seamless!

Also, that pear by Jon is stunning :kiss2:. It's going to look amazing and massive on your hand!

So excited for your bf to propose and to see your hand shots!!! Hoping it's very soon for you!

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
Great choice and a great pear!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spectacular!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! Fingers crossed your boyfriend doesn't keep you waiting too long & you're back with handshots soon!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring! Maytal does a wonderful job!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring! Hope your BF proposes soon so you can start wearing it!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is such a stunning ring!!! Sparkle from every angle! Love MH's work. You must be so anxious to get this beauty on your finger, I hope you don't have to wait much longer!

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
My goodness, that is a dream ring come true right there!!!

That setting us stunning, and what an amazing way to show off that lovely pear cut! (Biased here- pear cuts are my favorite, I'd die for an old European lab grown pear some day.)

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so beautiful! Amazing diamond and setting!

olliejames

Rough_Rock
Thank you for all of the kind comments everyone! Can’t wait to come back with the hand shots!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is gorgeous on you! Congratulations!

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
Oooooh, spectacular! :love: Congratulations on your engagement!

PastryGirl

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful setting and ring, congratulations!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results