shape
carat
color
clarity

Maybe this is the one

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hanjin1

Rough_Rock
Well I have been looking for about a week now, been posting a few days. I think I found a diamond for an engagement ring that fits my budget right now. Tell me if you think this is goodI will put up the GIA certification too

Laboratory: GIA
Carat Weight: 0.82
Color: F
Clarity: VS2
Shape: Emerald
Depth: 61.6%
Table: 66%
Polish: GD
Symmetry: GD
Culet: N
Girdle: STK-
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 6.26x4.71x2.90

Do you think you would be able to see the inclusions without a loupe? The guy from dirtcheapdiamond says only with a loupe, but it would be eye clean. What do you think? Trying to stay under $3000

IE51127.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eye clean:
It depends on who's definition of eye-clean. I believe the standard definition of eye-clean is looking at the diamond from something like 6 inches away while viewing from the top only, but I could be wrong on the distance. For me, personally (since inclusions bother me, especially in an EC where you can see everything), eye-clean is 3 inches away while turning it in all directions.
31.gif

I think DCD should have a sarin and should be able to give you the crown height, unless it is a drop-shipped stone. It is really hard to tell based on these numbers alone but I'd feel more comfortable with the crown height and Idealscope picture. Do you have an actual photograph of this EC? It sound like it has the potential of being a good looking diamond.

hanjin1

Rough_Rock
I asked for a photo of the diamond but the guy said that they don''t actually have the diamond on hand, so there is no picture. Maybe I should ask for those other things you mentioned

hanjin1

Rough_Rock
Well I contacted the guy and he said he was going to call the diamond in so that he can take pictures of it and send to me, but that won''t be til tuesday. What I found is another diamond that might be good. I was wondering which one you guys think is better?

Report: GIA
Shape: Emerald
Carat: 0.80
Color: E
Clarity: VS1
Depth: 69.4
Table: 66
Girdle: STK-TK
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good
Culet: None
Fluorescence: Medium Blue
Measurements: 5.70-4.70X3.26
Length/Width: 1.21

Here is the sarin report he sent me and the GIA report

Attachments

• .80 E VS1 emerald.pdf
    29.6 KB · Views: 24

hanjin1

Rough_Rock
here is the sarin

Attachments

• .80 E VS1 sarin.pdf
    8.5 KB · Views: 25

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
THE FIRST STONE IS BETTER FOR YOU AND A MUCH BETTER SHAPE RECTANGLE

amytude

Shiny_Rock
Hi--just got my diamond this week from DCD''s. Don''t worry, they''ll work with you as needed. The first one might be a tad bit like a "fat" rectangle. Does that make sense? I preferred mine to have a 1.5:1 ratio or so. I think this is around 1.3:1. Again, this is all a matter of personal preference. My EC is SI1 and it''s great! It all depends on where the inclusions are located and your specific tastes. Man, the guys at DCD''s sure are selling a lot of EC''s lately, huh?

sharon scott

Rough_Rock
I agree the first stone is better. And with most vendors because of online competition, they''ll provide you with the information if you ask for it. I remember you stating your GF likes rectangular emeralds. 1:40 are a great shape with a little girth.

Amy -
Maybe emeralds are making a comeback. Maybe Camella is a stylemaker!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results