shape
carat
color
clarity

Mayachel''s Moonstones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
I found this stunning set at a craft show last summer. Moonstone is incredibly difficult (for me) to photograph. There are some inclusions, but overall a nice milky white, with blue irredescence. Not all, but most have a strong rainbow in the stone.

CIMG4338.jpg

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
With side sun

CIMG4337.jpg

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
flash of blue

CIMG4336.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! Are moonstones expensive?

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
the necklace!

CIMG4334.jpg

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Last one. Thanks for looking! I love this set and wear it often.

CIMG4333.jpg

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
AprilBaby-Not very expensive at all! While like I said these have visible inclusions, many do, The whole set is in high quality silver and was around $100. The earrings are the largest stones, about the size of nickles. The necklace stones are a little smaller than dimes.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This seller from ebay has a lot of this moonstone material, and it's gorgeous. I got this outrageously huge moonstone ring from them. It's handcrafted by Tibetan artists. It was less than $100!! I also bought another gorgeous moonstone ring from them for a gift to someone that loves this type of jewelry. Mayachel, you have beautiful moonstone jewelry.

http://stores.ebay.com/Blue-Lotus-Gem_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsxQ3asstQQtZkm

knucklemoonstone.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
So pretty! The earrings just glow -
30.gif
And I love the design of the necklace!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My late father created beautiful jewelry and I remember being in awe of his collection of moonstones as a child. They are so special and you are lucky to have such a beautiful stones.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Moonstones are so underrated! I love them, especially the necklace. I bought a pair of moonstone drop earrings from ACS set in WG and I get compliments on them all the time.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2009 8:08:39 AM
Author: Chrono
Moonstones are so underrated! I love them, especially the necklace. I bought a pair of moonstone drop earrings from ACS set in WG and I get compliments on them all the time.

You are so correct on that! I just received a beautiful rainbow moonstone. I have yet to consider what to do with it!

YOur set is just lovely Mayachel. TL, thanks for the link! As if I need to be enabled!!
3.gif
31.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely moonstone collection! I really like the necklace.
36.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! That first picture looks like a planet! It''s beautiful!
5.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
beeeautiful, love them!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really pretty! I love that necklace, too.
36.gif

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 9:57:00 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
This seller from ebay has a lot of this moonstone material, and it''s gorgeous. I got this outrageously huge moonstone ring from them. It''s handcrafted by Tibetan artists. It was less than $100!! I also bought another gorgeous moonstone ring from them for a gift to someone that loves this type of jewelry. Mayachel, you have beautiful moonstone jewelry.
Thank you Tourmaline_Lover Ooh what a pretty ring you have! That looks like a massive stone.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 10:08:06 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
So pretty! The earrings just glow -
30.gif
And I love the design of the necklace!

Thanks Brown.Eyed.Girl, I had been looking for something like this for awhile. The necklace sits just below the collar bone, and the jeweler gave me an extension chain if it needs to be lower.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 11:28:52 PM
Author: LisaRN
My late father created beautiful jewelry and I remember being in awe of his collection of moonstones as a child. They are so special and you are lucky to have such a beautiful stones.

LisaRN-Do you have any of his pieces? How nice to have had an artist and a gemstone appreciator in the family.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 8:08:39 AM
Author: Chrono

Thanks Chrono- I tried searching for your earrings, I''d love to see them, have you posted photos?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think these are cut and set by Ben Kho. I bought them last year when Barbara was still running ACS. I think the top ones are 5 mm and the bottom ones are 6 mm. Open backed setting with only the girdle bezeled. Since I have dark hair, when I wear them, the blue really stands out.

MN-5736J - Copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results