shape
carat
color
clarity

May I see your 3 stone rings (with specs)?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
After looking at Tiffany three stones for years, I got my own version from Steven Kirsch.
2.47 center with 1.11 and 1.2 sides.
size 5 that spins like crazy during winter and fits comfortably with a little room during summer. Fight against it though I have, I have always loved larger sides. 08A130EA-20C8-43D3-878C-F541904E5DD4.jpeg CF20B674-8307-4FFD-9C40-C3ADBD931DC7.jpeg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
After looking at Tiffany three stones for years, I got my own version from Steven Kirsch.
size 5 that spins like crazy during winter and fits comfortably with a little room during summer. Fight against it though I have, I have always loved larger sides. 08A130EA-20C8-43D3-878C-F541904E5DD4.jpeg CF20B674-8307-4FFD-9C40-C3ADBD931DC7.jpeg

And have at it, I say! The heart wants what it wants and you've waited for this for a long, long, LONG time!

In 3 years, when it's my 40th anniversary, there's every chance I'll turn Beloved into a Beloved x 3, and I'm pretty sure 2 out of three people here will disagree with that. But I love a big ring, and - between you and me, @LLJsmom - I think most people would steal that beauty straight off your hand if they could! I know I would! Bling it on!! :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And have at it, I say! The heart wants what it wants and you've waited for this for a long, long, LONG time!

In 3 years, when it's my 40th anniversary, there's every chance I'll turn Beloved into a Beloved x 3, and I'm pretty sure 2 out of three people here will disagree with that. But I love a big ring, and - between you and me, @LLJsmom - I think most people would steal that beauty straight off your hand if they could! I know I would! Bling it on!! :love:

Thanks @mrs-b. I’m here for it! Just gotta embrace the statement ring. That’s gonna be a DAY. So excited to even ponder it.

And just to share, I know this is the right decision for me because I’ve been at such ring peace I have wondered if something was wrong with me. How can I be so satisfied that I look for reasons to make a change. But I will say that DSS does set in and it doesn’t look as big as it did 8-10 months ago. It looks “normal” but I do get compliments anytime I’m out shopping. I’m not complaining.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

LLJsmom!! I lovelovelove your ring. I am actually thinking of getting one just like it.. very similar carat weights.
It's so present on your hand but not overwhelming.. just perfect. :kiss2:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom!! I lovelovelove your ring. I am actually thinking of getting one just like it.. very similar carat weights.
It's so present on your hand but not overwhelming.. just perfect. :kiss2:

@Rubies-R-Me , I would be so very happy if you did!! We could be twins! Yes, please share you plans, if you like...:dance:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi again!
I was never a fan of 3 stones until I actually got one on my hand and fell in love. This summer we took a short trip to Omaha and I went to their wonderful Berkshire Hathaway owned jewelry store named Borsheims.
I tried on this ring and just loved it!
I didn't take pix on my hand which I regret but I contacted the salesman after we got home and he sent me pix and the GIA reports.
They aren't the best cut or color but somehow they just popped off my hand.
I'm still deciding what to do..
I don't know whether I am going to get a large old euro single stone set in yellow gold or a 3 stone ring. I really wanted a yellow gold setting so if I get serious about this ring I will contact the salesman again to see about resetting the stones.
They are L color sides in 1.20 and 1.23 carats and the center is 2.96 K color.
I loved the way it was set.. looks very much like yours!
Here are the pix.. wish I had taken a hand shot. 04725785-2C8C-4AE1-B4C0-ECD6888A42C5.jpeg 177B027F-B1A8-4DB0-B7D7-09BBA55F574F.jpeg

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
Hi again!
I was never a fan of 3 stones until I actually got one on my hand and fell in love. This summer we took a short trip to Omaha and I went to their wonderful Berkshire Hathaway owned jewelry store named Borsheims.
I didn't take pix on my hand which I regret but I contacted the salesman after we got home and he sent me pix and the GIA reports.
I don't know whether I am going to get a large old euro single stone set in yellow gold or a 3 stone ring. I really wanted a yellow gold setting so if I get serious about this ring I will contact the salesman again to see about resetting the stones.
Here are the pix.. wish I had taken a hand shot. 04725785-2C8C-4AE1-B4C0-ECD6888A42C5.jpeg 177B027F-B1A8-4DB0-B7D7-09BBA55F574F.jpeg

I love this! Sometimes the ring finds us and I’ve found the specs on paper are sometimes not as important as how it presents to you.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey:So true Efleon! So true!!
Sometimes a ring DOES just find us..

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @mrs-b. I’m here for it! Just gotta embrace the statement ring. That’s gonna be a DAY. So excited to even ponder it.

And just to share, I know this is the right decision for me because I’ve been at such ring peace I have wondered if something was wrong with me. How can I be so satisfied that I look for reasons to make a change. But I will say that DSS does set in and it doesn’t look as big as it did 8-10 months ago. It looks “normal” but I do get compliments anytime I’m out shopping. I’m not complaining.

Ohhhhh, that will be a DAY, alright!! I have one of the sides and DH will get me another one for our 40th anniversary in 3 years. So I'll be enjoying Beloved as she is for the next 3 years, then I'll be switching up. But here's the specs...(brace yourself)...

I'm doing 1.5ct sides. 3ct in total. 7ctw for the whole ring - a bit over, in fact - but not enough to make a difference. I'll be getting this set with a HARD angle on the side stones - which is the look that appears best on my finger. I like the stones looking like they're gripping my finger. My finger swings between a 6.5 and a 7, so I have the real estate if everything is angled correctly. And then I am all out of finger space. I am SO excited - I love Beloved the way she is, but 'Beloved - Past, Present and Future' will be mind blowing to me. Awesome sauce!!

And I utterly, 100% agree with you. When you stop thinking about upgrading or switching up or tweaking...you're THERE. And I'd be one of those ladies accosting you in the shopping center, @LLJsmom, if I spied your hand from across a cash register!

Wonderful! ::)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here’s my small right hand ring one! Size 5.5 with .60ctw. Believe center is .3 and sides are .15cts. 20342B8F-0EDC-4ED9-8E6E-B4FA07A03E94.jpeg

Hi @RayRay -

And this is the beauty of 3 stones, of course - they look perfect and fabulous at every possible size! I love the setting on this - beautiful!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi again!

@Rubies-R-Me -

Seriously. What's to think about???

This ring is GORGEOUS! I love the setting - it really makes the most of the stones - and that CURVE.....delicious!! If you got it re-set, could you just get the shank changed out?

This is a stunner. Suffice to say, it's a ring I'd buy - and not just hypothetically. This style is the perfect 3 stone, in my opinion (which you should take or leave with a grain of salt, granted), and will look elegant and substantial and absolutely eye-grabbing!

I hope you get it; it's a perfect example of the genre. Will be following along on this one. Fingers crossed!

:wavey:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Mrs-b!
I agree 100% that the ring is so lovely.. just the right proportions.
Also.. interesting idea just to get the shank changed because it does have to be resized smaller anyway.
If I decide I am going to go for the 3 stone instead of a single larger old cut I will ask for more info about resetting and hand shots too.
I will post when/if anything new happens. :D

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey:Hello again!
Just to update.. the salesman at Borsheims is the best! He sent me pix of the ring on a size 5 finger. He also said that they can make a new setting in yellow gold for no extra charge or just change the shank for no extra charge either. I have to decide whether I want a 3 stone or an old cut solitaire.. it's a delightful conundrum to have. BC8B8C6C-8B9A-4EA0-A0FD-D4FCB21AFAD8.jpeg 41B9E82B-00E6-4F20-9335-4DF2F1E9A3CC.jpeg FA795272-ED0A-44C2-815F-84910BE57828.jpeg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just to update.. the salesman at Borsheims is the best! He sent me pix of the ring on a size 5 finger. He also said that they can make a new setting in yellow gold for no extra charge or just change the shank for no extra charge either. I have to decide whether I want a 3 stone or an old cut solitaire.. it's a delightful conundrum to have. BC8B8C6C-8B9A-4EA0-A0FD-D4FCB21AFAD8.jpeg 41B9E82B-00E6-4F20-9335-4DF2F1E9A3CC.jpeg FA795272-ED0A-44C2-815F-84910BE57828.jpeg

Wow! That is just PERFECT on the hand! I do wish they'd given you one photo looking directly at the ring on the finger, with the ring facing straight up. it looks perfect, tho. Absolutely perfect!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello mrs-b!
It is a lovely ring.. I agree.
Similar to yours but smaller.
What size is your finger?

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh yes!! Sorry.. you did say about a size 5.:D

RayRay

Shiny_Rock
Hi @RayRay -

And this is the beauty of 3 stones, of course - they look perfect and fabulous at every possible size! I love the setting on this - beautiful!
Thank you so much @mrs-b!! That means a lot coming from you!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here’s my small right hand ring one! Size 5.5 with .60ctw. Believe center is .3 and sides are .15cts. 20342B8F-0EDC-4ED9-8E6E-B4FA07A03E94.jpeg

Yes!! Your ring is absolutely beautiful RayRay! :love:
So delicate and the milgrain makes it extra lovely.
I got so involved with my "stuff" I forgot to post that.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhhh, that will be a DAY, alright!! I have one of the sides and DH will get me another one for our 40th anniversary in 3 years. So I'll be enjoying Beloved as she is for the next 3 years, then I'll be switching up. But here's the specs...(brace yourself)...

I'm doing 1.5ct sides. 3ct in total. 7ctw for the whole ring - a bit over, in fact - but not enough to make a difference. I'll be getting this set with a HARD angle on the side stones - which is the look that appears best on my finger. I like the stones looking like they're gripping my finger. My finger swings between a 6.5 and a 7, so I have the real estate if everything is angled correctly. And then I am all out of finger space. I am SO excited - I love Beloved the way she is, but 'Beloved - Past, Present and Future' will be mind blowing to me. Awesome sauce!!

And I utterly, 100% agree with you. When you stop thinking about upgrading or switching up or tweaking...you're THERE. And I'd be one of those ladies accosting you in the shopping center, @LLJsmom, if I spied your hand from across a cash register!

Wonderful! ::)

@mrs-b That will be FA.BU.LOUS. Yes, a 3 carat center. #HorizonatalFingercoverage. Visually that is what my eyes crave. For a 40th. That will be perfect. :kiss2:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rings like this make me sigh in contentment. I absolutely love it. So excited for you @Rubies-R-Me . :bigsmile: It looks beautiful now too...in the non-WG.

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
Hi again!

@Rubies-R-Me I love Borsheims! My studs, wedding set and my diamond in my engagement ring are from there.

I Love the ring you found there!!! Please let us know what you decide!!!!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Peppermintpatty!
You must be from around Omaha? We love Omaha!
We went there for a few days vacation this summer and had such a wonderful time.
It was the week before that crazy rain storm where the downtown flooded.
Had fantastic steak dinners.. went to the zoo.. the museum in Union Station.. saw friends from Iowa.. shopped.. walked.. it was a delight.
Friendliest people in the whole world.
I will let you know what happens.

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
@Rubies-R-Me We are just a few hours away from Omaha. I lived there a life time ago. Graduated high school just outside of Omaha. My sister still lives there.
It is a fun place! Our daughter and I were there the weekend of the flooding! We couldn’t believe it! We were on the west side of town and were fortunate that we didn’t suffer the wrath of that storm. Glad you weren’t there when it happened. Scary!

The Zoo there is a lot of fun. Great places to eat. I used to love walking downtown in the Old Market. Very friendly people. I’m glad you had such a wonderful time.

I will be looking forward to hearing what you decide. You truly can’t go wrong either way!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That must have been so frightening to be there during that time.. I saw pix on the news.. couldn't believe it. o_O
Glad you were safe and sound.
Next time you go try and see the Durham Museum in the old Union Station.
I'm not a museum person at all but this one was wonderful.
How fun that you have a whole set of Borsheims finery.. their store is just amazing.
We have been there during the annual Berkshire meeting and all their vendors bring in their best wares. So crowded with people and carats!:lol:

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
That must have been so frightening to be there during that time.. I saw pix on the news.. couldn't believe it. o_O
Glad you were safe and sound.
Next time you go try and see the Durham Museum in the old Union Station.
I'm not a museum person at all but this one was wonderful.
How fun that you have a whole set of Borsheims finery.. their store is just amazing.
We have been there during the annual Berkshire meeting and all their vendors bring in their best wares. So crowded with people and carats!:lol:
I'm embarrassed to say we were exhausted. I heard something about a flood warning and went to sleep. The next morning when we woke up we were shocked by how terrible it was. I was floored that it was so bad.
I have never been to the Durham Museum, that you for the recommendation. I appreciate it. We will go there next time we go to Omaha.
I have been a customer for I'm not even sure, at least 15 years. They truly do have such a huge selection and I find their prices to be excellent. We have been there when there have been vendors for the Wedding Extravaganza. So fun to be able to meet with the vendors and see all of the pieces that typically aren't in the store.
People and carats is right!!! Glad to hear that you love it there too!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's mine! The center is .74 D SI1 (made with the lovely stone from @ecf8503), and the side stones are .35 E VS1/VS2 from Blue Nile. All three stones have SBF, and I *love* them. The setting is platinum, size 5.5, and is by David Klass.
August 2021 - 1 (3).jpg August 2021 - 2.jpg August 2021 - 1 (2).jpg August 2021 - 1.jpg

I love 3 stone rings of these proportions, @Redwoods-hiker-girl. Just lovely!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results