shape
carat
color
clarity

Maui Restaurants?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jo

Shiny_Rock
Hi all - My husband I are taking off for some R & R and we''re looking for REASONABLY priced restaurants. We''re staying in Makena (south of Wailea), so south-west side of the island. Any suggetions?

We thought we''d splurge on one or two nice dinners - perhaps Roy''s or Spago...but we''re open for ideas for that too.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I can''t remember the name of it, but there''s a golf course just on the south side of Wailea and its clubhouse restaurant is open to the public. The food was really good, although we did go for brunch (twice!), not dinner. It''s up on a hill and the views are really lovely -- and it definitely felt vacationy. If I remember correctly, the prices were pretty standard for a nice brunch or lunch (i.e. ~$10 for a burger or platter of french toast), but we were there a few years ago so don''t quote me on that.

ETA: Ooh, found it! It''s called the Seawatch http://www.seawatchrestaurant.com/.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/5/2008 9:10:23 AM
Author: Octavia
I can't remember the name of it, but there's a golf course just on the south side of Wailea and its clubhouse restaurant is open to the public. The food was really good, although we did go for brunch (twice!), not dinner. It's up on a hill and the views are really lovely -- and it definitely felt vacationy. If I remember correctly, the prices were pretty standard for a nice brunch or lunch (i.e. ~$10 for a burger or platter of french toast), but we were there a few years ago so don't quote me on that.

ETA: Ooh, found it! It's called the Seawatch http://www.seawatchrestaurant.com/.
Oh I thought you were refering to the Italian restaurant Capiche - it's on the Diamond Resort Golf Course and sits on a hill - beautiful views and delicious Italian food!!! Capische

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Another one of our favorites was Mama''s Fish House (my DH ate there twice we loved it so much). It has the best fish on the island and it''s very popular - you must go here during your trip! Mama''s Fish House

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
I would not waste your money at Spago''s - we went there because we were staying the Four Season''s but it wasn''t worth it (and we live in NYC so, we''re used to paying a lot of $$$ for our meals, but this was just a waste).

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I know there have been some mixed reviews about Mama''s Fish House--not just on PS, but even in a lot of the guidebooks. When we went, we weren''t sure how the meal would be, but it was amazing. I''d go back ot Maui for Mama''s Fish House alone.

I also think it''s worth the trip up to Lahaina to see the Old Lahaina Luau--the food is great, but the luau alone is worth the money.

We stayed on Ka''anapali, so I''m not much help with Wailea, but we did love the beaches down there!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2008 10:26:24 AM
Author: blushingbride
Another one of our favorites was Mama''s Fish House (my DH ate there twice we loved it so much). It has the best fish on the island and it''s very popular - you must go here during your trip! Mama''s Fish House

Ditto!! Mama''s is super, try for reservations so you can be there during sunset.

We had a fabulous dinner at the Fairmont Hotel, but it was not cheap.

I was impressed with the restaurants in Lahina. Crowded and rushed.

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
We just got back from Maui and had such a wonderful time. We love the Makena side...it''s so peaceful and relaxing. We stayed at the Kea Lani this time and had a great dinner at Nicks. Roys is always fun and festive and Mama''s at sunset cannot be beat! If you go to Lahaina try and have dinner at David and Paul''s Lahaina Grill. There are so many wonderful places you can''t go wrong.

Have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results