shape
carat
color
clarity

Matte or polished finish

redroze1

Shiny_Rock
The great David Klass is setting a 0.25 mrb in a 14k rose gold bezel ring. It's not a great quality diamond in terms of cut - it even has a slight surface chip. Should I do it in a matte or polished finish?

Niels matte finish ring from DK - niel i hope you don't mind!

image_305.jpg

Inspiration:
image_306.jpg
image_307.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I normally like polished, but for that particular ring, I'd do matte as long as whatever else you'd wear with it was matte, too.

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
Rose gold? Sounds pretty!

I like the look of matte a ton! I think it adds uniqueness. My only hesitation would be .... I had a ring "updated" & had the yellow gold sand blasted. Kept the WG shinny (hammered). I do not wear a lot of yellow gold at all. Actually zero. Having the yellow gold sandblasted muted the YG and made the ring look nicer look to me.

I never wear it bc the sand blasting scratches off and shows the shine through. I might have one in this ring four or five times since it was sand blasted a few years ago. I do not mind the bottom so much being scratched but the top, where I circled, definitely meaning hesitate to wear the ring :(

Maybe others can comment more on this topic. I just want to toss it out there for you. Perhaps the sand blasting wasn't deep enough or course enough. Perhaps ypur ring will be brushed (not sure which lasts better). Just conversation.

GL! If others can comment and you could get it done where it won't scratch off easy, I would vote matte! It would be very unique! :)

20160110_191558-1-1.jpg

2016-01-10_19.jpg

redroze1

Shiny_Rock
I chose the matte. Thanks guys!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think rose gold will be gorgeous matte! Looking forward to seeing it!

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
I totally agree! Do you know how they will make the ring matte? Just curious bc I would love to own future pieces if I could get them made matte properly. Please post pictures when you're finished! It's going to be a knockout!!

redroze1

Shiny_Rock
Cinnamon - I don't know but I will ask. He sent me this photo which gives me the impression that it will be fairly durable. I like how the matteness really contrasts the diamond's sparkle. I'm excited!

image_25.png

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matte is going to be beautiful!

I'm working on a satin finish ring right now. I'm a little worried because it's my engagement ring. I think I will like the look of the
Satin finish though.

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you I agree it's going to be stunning!

cloreene

Rough_Rock
My polished rose gold already has tiny scratches on it so matte would be a good way to go.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results