shape
carat
color
clarity

matching wedding band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rtseng

Rough_Rock
This is actually a question about the wedding band. (We got some good advices on the diamond last year!)

We are looking for a jeweler who can custom-made a wedding band that matches my engagement ring. We have been to a few places and found one jeweler who can make the band based on “measurement” and hence, I do not need to be parted with my engagement ring. My understanding is that he will make the measurement of my engagement ring, send the measurement to his “manufacturer” who will then make a mode and I will try the mode to see if it fits.

Sounds good to me but I am not sure how the manufacturer knows how the band should look like without seeing my engagement ring? Is this a common practice? I much rather not be parted with my engagement ring but at the same time, I worry that the band won’t match.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Rtseng

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the mould is made of wax then you may get a chance to alter it before it is cast. Could you not send in pictures of the engagement ring to the jeweler and this would give them an idea. I am not a professional just a consumer so see what the jewelers here think.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results