shape
carat
color
clarity

"Matching" wedding band thinner than ER setting...normal?

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
well this is quite an odd dilemma.

so the long and short of it is we ordered a Vatche 1533 but apparently the 1533 does not accept oval diamonds so it needed to be custom made (slightly bigger with bigger stones) to accommodate. this was unbeknownst to me.

then, when we ordered the matching 1533 band, the jewler and/or Vatche did not realize i was the customer who had the "custom 1533" made for them and this i received the stock 1533 which is why it looks so much thinner than the ER.

i have two options:

1. pay $500 for them to remake the 1533 to match the custom size of the ER

2. pay $800 for them to remake the 1533 to match the size of the ER AND make it eternity style

3. pay nothing and have them make the ER smaller.

yeesh!
For me personally, I would want the bands to be the thinner size, so I would choose #3.

DiamondDense

Shiny_Rock
So sorry you are going through this.

My inclination would be to have them remake the ER, because it shouldn't cost you anything more to get exactly what you ordered. The being said does one of the rings appeal to you more? If the ER look is more appealing it might be worth it to spend the extra $300 to turn into an eternity. At least then you won't like you just throwing money down the drain.
hey, no worries. it seems it's been a case of a lot of miscommunication.

re: the new matching eternity, it's not an extra $300. it's an extra $800.

i believe they said they could remake the ER to be thinner to match the original band for no out of pocket cost.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like chunkier settings, I'm just not a delicate person.

Also, be aware that eternity bands can be difficult to impossible to re-size. Fingers change for all kinds of reasons from pregnancy to weight gain/loss to medications to weather. So, if you want an eternity, be sure to get it sized up a bit and add sizing beads Alternatively, you could leave a "blank" sizing bar which makes the eternity more of a 7/8 around.

So, maybe option 4...

sizeable-ring-CMS.png

Eternity_diamond_wedding_band-2.jpg

DiamondDense

Shiny_Rock
we decided. at the end of the day we don't want to spend more than $500 additional for a full eternity so we're going to have him just remake the band to match the ER.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results