shape
carat
color
clarity

Matching side stones in a 3-stone setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

foxbase

Rough_Rock
I''m thinking of getting a 1.3-1.5 ct, F VS2 H&A diamond stone with 2 0.3 or 0.4 ct side stones in a platinum setting. What color/clarity/cut quality should the side stones be? Do the side stones have to be the same color, same clarity and same cut quality (i.e., H & A)?

Thanks.

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Foxbase,

I strongly recommend that the color of your side diamonds be F, maybe G, and VS2 or SI1 clarity. If you get two colors off, you will see it and don't go up in color.
I would also recommend getting the same cut or at least Ideal cuts. If you put commercial diamonds next to your H&A diamond they will not look the same and will spoil the ring. A three stone ring with all ideal cut H&A diamonds is a real class act! She is worth it!

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
DiamondBob is right! It is best to match the accent diamonds as closely as possible to the color of the center stone, you can bend on the clarity a little, but variations on the color will be noticeable.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results