shape
carat
color
clarity

Matching shapes important?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tropicmaster

Shiny_Rock
Ladies, if you were getting 3 matching colored stones and making a set of earrings to go with a ring using these stones, how important would the shapes be? If the ring stone was cushion,emerald,or other square shape would you want the earrings to be a square derivative as well? What about mixing a square type ring stone with round type earring stones?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would say it''s all personal preference but I don''t mind it.

Tropicmaster

Shiny_Rock
Come on Ladies! Give me 3 or 4 opinions so I can decide whether to buy these stones before someone else does

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just so long as the shapes were ones I liked, I''m all about it.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/15/2008 7:41:43 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Just so long as the shapes were ones I liked, I''m all about it.

Ditto.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the colour match is good and you like all the different shapes then go for it! For me, it''s all about colour!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would keep round types with round types and squares with squares...ovals/rounds/pear or asschers/princess/emeralds...but then again I have OCD.
9.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have OCD too.
emembarrassed.gif
They have to match not only in colour, but shape as well.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/15/2008 8:16:50 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
If the colour match is good and you like all the different shapes then go for it! For me, it''s all about colour!

I agree!
2.gif

Tropicmaster

Shiny_Rock
Ok thanks! These would all be cut from the same piece of rough so color match is a given.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I go for what I like. I wouldn''t necessarily match shape AND colour, I think different shapes but similar colour creates interest, while still keeping a sense of uniformity.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I think it partly depends on the style of earring you are making. I prefer round stones for studs, because ovals or squares seem to end up cock-eyed. Rounds always work. If you are making some sort of dangle, other shapes will work, but I love pears. Have you spoken to your jeweler or designer (whoever is setting the stones) about this project yet to get their input?

ma re

Ideal_Rock
I guess it depends on the type of jewellery. Something formal-looking (more expensive, elegant etc.) should have stones matching in color and shape, but something more casual really has no rules. You can also connect diferent shapes with settings, so that you set the round ones into settings with a square outline, and squares in the ones with a round outline.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hrmmm...I''m going to have to be a pain and say it depends on the style/design of the pieces..
But, that said - I thought about it and I would at least want rounded shapes with like, angled shapes with same, KWIM?
As in: rounds, ovals and pears ok together (and perhaps "rounded" cushions).
Then princess, square cushion, trillion, asscher etc together.

I''m sure that was no help, but there ya go, lol !

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/15/2008 8:16:50 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
Ditto!

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
I agree that it depends on the type of jewelry. I definitely like rounds best for studs, but like someone else said, if the earrings are going to be drops, then I think that pears, ovals, or rounds in the earrings would look nice with a round stone in a ring. For a squarish shape ring stone (square, barion, emerald, asscher), then I think that I would stick to another squarish shape - ie - asscher stone in ring, emerald drops on earrings. But the color definitely has to match.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results