shape
carat
color
clarity

matching platinum and titanium?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BQst

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone,

Love the site. It''s helped me a lot so far.

I''m wondering what people think about a platinum engagement ring and a titanium wedding band? My fiancee to be wants an engagement ring made of platinum. But she also wants to get matching wedding bands. The trouble is, I''d prefer a titanium ring because then I won''t have to take it off when I work with MRI units (and thus won''t lose it!).

How bad would the match be? Would it look really bad? Are they supposed to match, or is it ok for them to look different?

Thanks!

Adylon

Shiny_Rock
Titanium is noticably darker, but just like anything that's made to a very high polish it will pick up reflections of just about everything around it. The matte or brushed finish looks very dark in titanium but the high polished actually doesn't look too bad. So that would be my suggestion to you if you want them to match well.

tanalasta

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I wasn''t aware platinum was magnetic and so should be safe with MRI units. Provided you specifically ask for a non-magnetic Platinum alloy is Pt 950. For instance, 95% Pt, 5% Cobalt is a common alloy and slightly magnetic.

I don''t know if Pt/Ruthenium which is a common wedding band alloy is magnetic either ... perhaps one of the Platinum workers will know.

Or if you''re a radiologist/radiographer you could always direct a professional email towards the manufacturer of your institution''s MRI scanner!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results