shape
carat
color
clarity

Matching band question. Curved band or regular band.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MaryRit

Rough_Rock
Hello.
I am new to PS and never asked a question but been doing a lot of reading.
I have a question about a set (engagement ring and matching band) I saw on www.thediamond.com
http://www.thediamond.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/online-store/scstore/p-301P-EA-EN.html?L+scstore+kmgt0794ff8e138e+1164137608
I like this set but my question is: Is it not a waste to get a band that can ONLY be worn with one type of ring. I know the whole idea is for it to be like really snug but would it not be smater to get a regular band that can be worn alone as well.
Thanks for any help.
Mary

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi mary and welcome.

the curved band is totally a matter of personal prefernce. Some people buy a straight band to wear solo and then the curved with their wedding set. You can also find halo settings that allow for the straight wedding band to slide up underneath the halo. I would think trying to add a straight band next to that particular style e-ring would show a pretty big gap which you might not like.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree that it is personal preference. But looking at that picture, I''d either wear the diamond e-ring alone or with a straight band with a gap. I do not like the band pictured with it at all.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I personally do not like the curved band at all (I would much rather have a straight band so that I could wear it with or without the e-ring)...but as mrssalvo and DS stated, it''s a matter of personal preference...
2.gif

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Some people get a straight band and then have a "spacer" band made so everything sits flush.

I don''t think it''s a good idea for pave to rub against other pave- really for diamonds to rub on other diamonds- they can scratch one another.

Research has a spacer in between her e-ring and w-ring. You could do a search for it.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2006 1:49:14 PM
Author: bling*diva*
~~I personally do not like the curved band at all (I would much rather have a straight band so that I could wear it with or without the e-ring)...but as mrssalvo and DS stated, it''s a matter of personal preference...
2.gif

agreed!

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Very Classy! Good choice
5.gif

Dreamcatcher

Rough_Rock
Its your own taste :)

with my ring that i''m not returning there is a matching band that sits snugly nicely up against it. it could be worn alone too and look arlight, and i liked that a lot becuase i knwo there is sometimes i will only want a band on.

I was also goin to get just a plain gold band for the days when i dont want to wear any diamonds (like, when i go to the gym, camping, etc.

you could consider that ?

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Great choice!!! That set is beautiful!!!!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results