shape
carat
color
clarity

Matching…

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Yes. They were the only pair of 6.5-7mm akoya set in this style, with the diamonds, available in the store ❤️

Edit - I used my real name so they won't recognise "yssie". And I also asked about multiple studs, so def be sure to request the style with diamonds specifically (I'm sure you would anyway but just to be extra sure) since those weren't the only pearls your friend had asked about today! I had asked about other pairs as well wondering if any might be worth resetting but I liked the preset ones in the style you want best :bigsmile:

Thank you!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
HI:

This is the best kind of PS thread--where @yssie scouts out Tiffany on your behalf! I'm just a little jeali!

OP love the jewellery choice--classic design. Hope you get your perfect match!

cheers--Sharon

Couldn’t agree more on the stellar act of kindness by @yssie !
I may get on the phone and start calling locations that won’t take me more that a couple hours to get to and see what may be available. It’s just a nightmare with the traffic situation which will be even worse with schools starting on Monday.
Makes me think these are meant to be mine???
The thing is, they are very pretty and they sit on my ears beautifully (which also makes me think I’m supposed to have them because I have trouble with earrings sitting properly). I just wish they were more toward white/silver vs cream.
Funny enough, when I put it against other pearls I’ve owned for years it doesn’t look cream! But against the tiff necklace it is creamy.
Didn’t think this would be so difficult! I’m surprised at Tiffany’s lack of attention to this. Even the 800 # customer service was like basically you get what you get, we can’t source a particular characteristic, just as store SA was.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t think you would be making the wrong choice keeping them. Could you find a perfect match? Yes. But how much pain-in-the-backsidery are you willing to deal with in that quest… That’s a very real consideration!!

If your SA can pull the VA pair it’d be a low-stress and low-effort way to try one more option. But if they aren’t… And the pair you have now is otherwise perfect for you…

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I don’t think you would be making the wrong choice keeping them. Could you find a perfect match? Yes. But how much pain-in-the-backsidery are you willing to deal with in that quest… That’s a very real consideration!!

If your SA can pull the VA pair it’d be a low-stress and low-effort way to try one more option. But if they aren’t… And the pair you have now is otherwise perfect for you…

I think the ones you found have rose’ that my pendant does not. The pair I saw yesterday, while too cream, had a similar overtone and my pendant doesn’t have that much… so then they don’t match for other reasons!
I am trying to accept that it may just not be a perfect match unless I want to spend hours on this with much driving. And I could still come up empty.
I will make calls to see if anyone has something more toward silver.
The other thing is that there is the issue of size. The pair I viewed yesterday was SO much smaller than the one I purchased and they are both categorized as the 6.5-7mm. Like it was shocking the difference!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That size does look great on you headlight. I can see why you don't want to go bigger - or smaller! :love:

Half a mm can make a huge difference in these smaller sizes, I know exactly what you mean! I didn't get a measurement on the VA pair but they weren't so small that the mounts/backings were peeking out - that sounds very unsightly :???:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Couldn’t agree more on the stellar act of kindness by @yssie !
I may get on the phone and start calling locations that won’t take me more that a couple hours to get to and see what may be available. It’s just a nightmare with the traffic situation which will be even worse with schools starting on Monday.
Makes me think these are meant to be mine???
The thing is, they are very pretty and they sit on my ears beautifully (which also makes me think I’m supposed to have them because I have trouble with earrings sitting properly). I just wish they were more toward white/silver vs cream.
Funny enough, when I put it against other pearls I’ve owned for years it doesn’t look cream! But against the tiff necklace it is creamy.
Didn’t think this would be so difficult! I’m surprised at Tiffany’s lack of attention to this. Even the 800 # customer service was like basically you get what you get, we can’t source a particular characteristic, just as store SA was.

As someone who has never seen a Tiffany's i find this very disappointing
It comes off as arrogant to me they they are not being more helpful

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the ones you found have rose’ that my pendant does not. The pair I saw yesterday, while too cream, had a similar overtone and my pendant doesn’t have that much… so then they don’t match for other reasons!
I am trying to accept that it may just not be a perfect match unless I want to spend hours on this with much driving. And I could still come up empty.
I will make calls to see if anyone has something more toward silver.
The other thing is that there is the issue of size. The pair I viewed yesterday was SO much smaller than the one I purchased and they are both categorized as the 6.5-7mm. Like it was shocking the difference!

Yes. I was also shocked by the size difference, by reference.

Again, splendid design. Elegant and lovely on you!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
As someone who has never seen a Tiffany's i find this very disappointing
It comes off as arrogant to me they they are not being more helpful

@Daisys and Diamonds I have been thinking more about this: T&Co has definitely both surprised (not in a good way) and disappointed me. I guess I am just caught up in a little girl fantasy of the blue box and the elevator person at the flagship store, where everyone “whispers”. I am SHOCKED that they don’t give a sh— with regard to matching. It blows my mind. I would’ve expected my SA get on the phone and start calling other stores to see what they have, describe what their client (me!) is looking for, and calling in anything promising. The satin bow in my fantasy has come untied lol!!! And it isn’t just the SA or the location I was at… I got the same story when I “chatted” online. They said there is just no way to “match”… you get what you get. I think I may need to write a letter (see comments below).
I have decided to keep the earrings I found. Actually, considering this serious lack of customer service, I’m lucky to have found the match I did find. I had put a list together of all the stores over 3 counties I was going to divide and conquer. Then I came to my senses. I just can’t do it. I have other obligations and I also have a medical procedure later this week. Like I shouldn’t be the one to do this… my SA, the one that is trying to sell us his-and-hers Tiffany watches should be doing this.
Regardless, the earrings are beautiful. I’m lucky to have them. My husband doesn’t see that the earrings are cream and the necklace white/silver but I will love him nonetheless lol!!! I wonder if anyone in the high tower at T&Co care that I feel a little like I “settled” because it isn’t a priority in their organization that a client’s pearls match.
So grateful for such wonderful people here helping me, especially our champion @yssie !!!
So with regard to “letters”: many years ago I was in Tiffany in San Fran with a dear friend/relative. We wanted to see large diamonds and we were treated so horribly. Like we weren’t good enough. The SA had her nose in the air and looked down on us. Well, Later that same day, after Tiffany blew us off, my friend purchased a GIA report E color 5.01 ct diamond at another store. I wrote a letter to Tiffany to tell them what happened. I did receive an apologetic response and after that time did notice the treatment toward customers to be much more respectful but I’m still irked about this pearl matching issue that they do not care to accommodate.

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you've saved yourself a LOT of headache keeping the pair you got originally. And you're totally right, absolutely noone but you will EVER see any difference in-person!

Regarding matching - disappointing, for sure :(sad I really do think it's very likely your SA didn't see the difference period.
At Mikimoto - my brain goes to Mikimoto because that's the only big house I've bought pearls from - pearls are the primary product, so they're trained to see subtleties - and even then PSer eyes might be better! But more importantly their pearls are graded by qualiity, not just by size. So asking a Miki SA to search for a "top quality" pair with "pink overtone" is something that he or she could take decisive action on: Quality search by grade, and colour specifics by questioning SAs at other locations (who are guaranteed to be similarly trained). But I'm confident that if one asked Mikimoto to find a diamond it'd be your search in reverse :bigsmile:

I do think it's unfortunate that your Tiffany SA was so hesitant to just, y'know, pull 3-4 pairs in for you. Whether or not they could search for what you want themselves - they could certainly relocate a few for a discerning client to look at! I'd be turned off too.

BUT then again, at the end of THIS story is a lovely gift and three beautiful, special, branded pearls - congrats!! And cheers to happy endings ::) :appl::love: :cool2:

Last edited:

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Update: I contacted Tiffany corporate regarding my issue that they offer no service to match pendant to earrings. They have responded in kind and the correspondence is ongoing. I just felt they needed to know as feedback. Surely I can’t be the only one! I did make a point to praise the SA who provided an excellent experience notwithstanding the matching issue that was beyond her control - she was just following the protocol she has been instructed to do.

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
I'm happy you've decided @headlight & your set is lovely.

I can see the difference in color you mentioned but I also think it's something that only you will see. Personally, I would be most unhappy with the reluctance on the part of the SA to help you.

Unfortunately, I think Tiffany has 'commoditized' their jewelry to some extent. It's very much what you see is what you get & we won't do more for you. Possibly because they are SO popular that there's always a new customer for every customer they may lose, KWIM?

Also, as @yssie said, pearls are not the specialty at Tiffany. They carry lovely pearls but they don't have to be the best because it's more about the brand, which is generally the case for all big brands. Heck, @yssie has shown that even the biggest pearl brand doesn't have the finest pearls!

Tl;dr: You have a lovely, lovely set of pearls. :)

headlight

Ideal_Rock
@Cinders thanks so much for your post and input. Much appreciated. I do love them!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results