shape
carat
color
clarity

Match this setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone seen this setting elsewhere??

Thanks to the friendly folks at PS, it has been confirmed that the quality level of the seller of the setting I like is less than optimum. If you have seen this, or something substantially similar, somewhere other than engagement-ring-mountings.com, please let me know!! My BF and I both love the look of this -- twining and almost tree-like, especially with the twisting starting all the way at the shoulders of the band -- but it I want something that will last (the metaphor of growth and strength that is associated with a tree would be lost if the darn thing breaks and I lose the stone!). Thanks again for all your help -- you guys really do rock!

5a.jpg
3a.jpg
2a.jpg

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve never seen anything like that...but you could always consider going custom with WF. There are a number of things that I don''t like about that ring (though the concept is beautiful), and going custom could fix those things. For example, I don''t like that the prongs are neither double claw prongs nor are they normal evenly spaced prongs...I think it should be one or the other. They look unevenly spaced and that would drive me crazy. Going custom with an all metal setting like that shouldn''t be too terribly pricey...I''d call them up and send them the pic and see if they think they can do it...

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
I agree with FacetFire- I love the idea of the design, but it could be executed in a better way. Email/call Whiteflash about going custom, and def. fix those prongs. With the right jeweler, that could be a stunning solitaire.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i third facetfire. I agree that I like the concept but those little things like the prong example she gave would drive me nuts too. WF would do a great job and their custom prices are very reasonable.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Actually I have seen something like that... it was designer ( don''t recall who ) in this store in NJ. It was very similar in concept except the prongs weren''t wonky and the whole thing was more fluid and delicate. Also, the one in the store had pave... but the designers catalog had a version similar to this one. However the price tag on it was $5,000 with the pave... and about half without... so quite high. I loved it. I would agree with the others that WF or another custom jeweler would be the way to go. I''ll see if I posted anything about designer... but I don''t think I did, it was several months ago... and while I loved it... it wasn''t compatible with my asscher.

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, all! Glad you liked the design, too. This is one of only two that I''ve really liked so far (the other was a Christian Bauer that, unfortuantely, seems to make anything less than a giant rock look tiny b/c it has massive prongs).

The "wonky" (great word!) prongs on this one were the very reason I was hesitant about that seller even before reading up on the PS comments. The concept was great, but the execution seemed sorely lacking. I will look into custom locally and thru WF.
If you find the designer you saw in NJ, I''d really appreciate it. I''m in Philly, so if its South Jersey I could even go check it out. I''m not so into the pave, but the other option sounds good. Many thanks!

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
I cant see it? waaa I wanna see pretty ring
19.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah I just looked through... I didn''t post about it. I know exactly where the store is... but I don''t know the name and its not coming up on any of my yellow page listings.

It''s in Brick NJ. On Brick Blvd. There''s a Taco Bell. Accross the street from Taco Bell is a Bank of America is a Bank of America... and its in the shopping center adjacent shopping center to that Bank.. on its northern side. But I don''t recall the name, or the name of any of the businesses in that shopping center.
The bank Branch is located at and here''s the number from the website. You could ask them if anyone there knows the name of the jeweler in the adjacent shopping center. I would. If they didn''t know I''d ask for the name of any business in that shopping center and call them and ask for the jewelry store''s name.
11.gif

545 Brick Blvd
Bricktown, NJ 08723

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Seville Fine Jewelers
515 Brick Blvd
Brick, NJ zip code
Phone: (732) 262-7701

It might be this one. I''d tell them that a friend of yours saw a designer platinum engagement setting there that looked like delicate branches holding a round diamond. It was in their case, and it was done with pave diamonds. Ask them who the designer is... and the cost of that setting, and whether or not the designer has a similar ring to that one without pave.

But get the designer name. They might have a website and you might be able to catch pictures of it on there.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
He so serious doesn''t he?

Your kitty is GORGEOUS. I ADORE solid grey cats. I keep saying that my next cat will be a solid grey one... but well, it hasn''t happened yet. He looks surprised in that pic... love it!

If you do find a similar setting (or figure out who the designer was of the one I saw) please update so we can see. GOOD LUCK!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results