shape
carat
color
clarity

Martini setting..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sunset522

Rough_Rock
Hello all:

Can I get some input on the Martini setting for ear studs? I hear it sits closer to ear than the basket.. and doesn''t droop at all.. I''m looking into purchasing something around .61-.66/each ear please let me know what you all think..

THanks!

godiva

Rough_Rock
Ooh, I'm interested in this also. Pictures would be nice!
I had to return two pairs of studs due to drooping issue... I don't even have big ears!!!
rolleyes.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are easy to wear, but no idea how much that applies to larger stones. This is close to how the "diamonds by the yard" are set, but those are smaller, so would be easy ont the ears anyway. There is yet a better (more stable, lower set) model: something called "girdle" setting. In those the post is soldered onto a rim of platinum catching the girdle of the stone all around (hence the name). The culet remains open in the air (actually pegged to the ear) and the depth of the earring is the depth of the diamonds themselves: I can't find any pictures and my sample (being worn) is too small to photograph, despite my best intentions....

mr.JPG

godiva

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Val.
I have never seen this setting before!

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
oooh I'm in love. can WF do this? or DI? or GOG?

sunset522

Rough_Rock
Val

The pic that you had in there.. is that the Martini setting? Also does anyone know of a website where I can go and look at different earring settings?? That would be extremely helpful!
1.gif

Thanks.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
http://www.eluxurygoods.biz/d/Diamond_Studs/Diamond_Studs_1_3_4ctw_SI1_E_Plt__21420.htm

The above link takes you to what is really the Martini Setting. Personally I prefer the ones pictured above which are lower and very elegant. In reality, they are no lower than low base 4 or 6 prong stud earrings of the standard type, but they are a very good looking design compared to a standard setting.

Also there is another link with low earring settings. One is the same as above, but another style is also in a photo which is a good looking alternative.

http://www.diamondtalk.com/forums/archive/1/2003/12/1/44113/Earring/settings/which/one

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 1/23/2004 3:49:06 PM sunset522 wrote:

Val

The pic that you had in there.. is that the Martini setting? Also does anyone know of a website where I can go and look at different earring settings?? That would be extremely helpful!
1.gif

Thanks.----------------

That's what I thought... The picture was on mu HD, and I can't remember where on Earth I got it from, but that is a pair of custom-made earrings.

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Grrr...DT strikes again. I clicked on Dave's second link, to get my usual "The Administrator has banned your IP address.

Grrrr...

win

toleong

Rough_Rock
Hello There!

Those earrings posted are Leon Mege's.
love.gif
www.artofplatinum.com I got a quote from him recently and they $$$.

sunset522

Rough_Rock
Does anyone happen to own a martini set earrings? Please share your experiences.. thank you

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 1/23/2004 9:47:59 PM sunset522 wrote:

Does anyone happen to own a martini set earrings? Please share your experiences.. thank you
----------------

I have two pairs (the "diamonds by the yard"): the back looks like the "martini" but instead of prongs you have that band around the girdles of the stones. They are small - don't remember the numbers but it should be 0.3 or less per earring. The tip of setting goes right down into the piercing, which took a day or so adjusting to, but two years down the road I do not feel them anymore. A bigger pair of 1 ct. sapphires were literally dangling table down in another version of the setting (still a conic back and three prongs). Just my ears speaking, of course...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooh I like the martini setting that Val posted. Wonder if poking into the hole will hurt at all for a bit? Would hate to get a pair then have my earring hole be irritated from it yanno? I used to have problems with my ears but I guess I don't wear the earrings enough to really have my ears be bothered.

Sunset, if you get this setting, you will have to report back.
2.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I love the look of that setting. I just got a pair of CZ earrings in the basket setting and one of them really droops. I'm sure it's my ear because my old earrings that were the same size did the same thing...One of them always seemed to point downwards. Maybe the hole isn't straight or something? But this setting looks flatter and like it would not droop down as much.

icelovr

Shiny_Rock
Hi -
I recently got a pair of martini set studs. I love them. They are different and I think show off my stones better. The stones are are the small side - .40pts each/H/VS2. I wanted something other than the same ole' basket settings. RE: the culet in the ear - Mine aren't as low as the ones pictured here - they are a bit higher so I don't have that issue...IMO - they are different w/o being too trendy and showcase the stone not the metal around it...hope this helps

sunset522

Rough_Rock
Icelovr: Did you get the standard Martini setting??

icelovr

Shiny_Rock
Hi sunset -
Yes - I have the standard martini

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 1/30/2004 12:09:45 AM aneelcon wrote:

I found this on ebay. Would this be a martini setting? martini setting----------------

I wish I knew, but there does not seem to be a standard "object" under this name... Hope someone will clarify. Not sure what the "martini is": some settings with this name seem to be quite run of the mill, bucket-like stuff (which the ones you have found are not).

There are versions with prongs (3, 4 and six) and versions with bezels. What I believe the name is about is a tappering down "structure" (basket like or not) covering the culet of the stone, as oposed to a cilindrical bezel. In this respect, the answer is yes. This is what I believed people were talking about on this thread in the first place. The model of earrings in the picture is identical to what I am wearing, bar the stones (mine are sapphire and ruby).

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Win sorry you could't get to the DT thread...weird...

Here is the pic referenced in Dave's post...there are 2 pics

one just like the one posted by Val which referred to it as "Martini" and this one

earring drops.jpg

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Here is the martini setting, I think. It has great lines. Does anyone know how it looks on the ear or if it even shows at all?

Whoops -- I just saw that this is the same pic posted by Valeria earlier in this post -- sorry
rolleyes.gif

martinin setting.jpg

sunset522

Rough_Rock
actually Linda is getting me 4 prong martini setting for this pair of studs I just bought from her..
1.gif
She is soo flexible!!
1.gif
ALso I ones that I posted up top are only to show people the shape of the martini setting.. trust me the real thing looks LOT better.. and the culet of the stone touches the edge of the setting unlike the one above..thereby making it sit right on your ear..
1.gif

sunset522

Rough_Rock
That's ok.. actually they will be similar to these:
but w/ 4 prongs instead of 3 for security..
1.gif

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
Yo sunset!!! congrats on the new purchase. Love the setting on ebay. Can you tell Linda to take pics of the setting (all views) because that setting looks
love.gif
beautiful!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results