shape
carat
color
clarity

Married on 9/9/09

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lucky_D

Rough_Rock
both my husband and I decided to be super cheesy and get married on 9/9/09, since our first date was on 7/7/07!

Sorry, I don''t have a point and shoot, only my husbands DSLR, which I have no idea how to use, so the photos are not the best.

The ring is a VS1, H color, Ideal cut. GIA certified. Its sad I can''t take a good shot of the stone, but this was more intended to show the setting. I know my stone is perfect, and even if it wasn''t. I love what it represents between my husband and I.

Feel free to be negative, I don''t like the setting. We got it at Shane Co and took it to our jeweler to set our diamond in. We ran out of money from buying the stone, so we just wanted a temporary one. Right now, I have not rhodium plated it or cleaned it in a while.

lucky_d1.jpg

lucky_D

Rough_Rock
another close up, sorry all are close-ups. I am camera retarded and don''t know how to make files below the size w/o cropping.

lucky_d2.jpg

lucky_D

Rough_Rock
trying to show band detail.

lucky_d3.jpg

lucky_D

Rough_Rock
side view.

lucky_d4.jpg

lucky_D

Rough_Rock
another side.

lucky_D

Rough_Rock
another side shot.

lucky_d5.jpg

lucky_D

Rough_Rock
top view. you can see how the stone is too large for the setting. Also, how poorly taken care of my ring is
38.gif

lucky_d6.jpg

wsu12

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think the setting looks bad, beautiful rings! Congrats!

lucky_D

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/20/2010 1:11:45 AM
Author: fsu1227

Thanks fsu1227, I LOVE your ring. Do you have a link to a post with more photos? That is so gorgeous! I want to see more of it!

wsu12

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/20/2010 1:23:03 AM
Author: lucky_D

Thanks fsu1227, I LOVE your ring. Do you have a link to a post with more photos? That is so gorgeous! I want to see more of it!

THANKS! Who doesn''t love to hear that?
3.gif
9.gif
Here is the link:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-e-ring-and-wedding-band-finally-figured-this-picture-thing-out.118818/

I have since added another diamond band (was a 30th B-day gift) to the stack. Congrats! Enjoy your beauties.

reader

Brilliant_Rock
I love this setting! Its perfect for a project...

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I like your setting.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think your setting is lovely as well! Congratulations on your marriage!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
very pretty, I actually like the setting, but can''t wait to see how you upgrade it in the future
2.gif
Congrats on your wedding.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Wow, your set is gorgeous!
36.gif

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
I actually think you setting is very pretty!

That is, when I could actually focus on it and drag my eyes away from you FAB centre diamond.

Congratulations!

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
I really like the setting! Beautiful rings
36.gif

Scorpioanne

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/20/2010 12:51:28 AM
another close up, sorry all are close-ups. I am camera retarded and don''t know how to make files below the size w/o cropping.
While your ring is lovely, it is not cool to use the "r word" as a pejorative term.

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
I love the setting! I love the single prongs! What about it do you not like, just out of curiosity?

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like your setting - very pretty!

lucky_D

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/20/2010 11:31:27 AM
Author: EHR2009
I love the setting! I love the single prongs! What about it do you not like, just out of curiosity?

Its very disproportional to the stone. If you can see on one of the pictures, the head is way to big for the band and sticks out. The wedding band is not curved, as the band was not intended to have the cast head sticking out. The melee diamonds are not the same quality as the main stone. SI2 at best. I have had problems with the little diamonds falling out (and my crazy sight was able to find them within 5 minutes, both times!!!)We are not too sure if its a safe setting for the stone. Also, we intended to upgrade from the beginning, the setting cost us around 2% of our budget! I often get asked if my ring is fake
8.gif
I don't mind that too much, since I just know its mainly because some of the people around me could never afford something like that. PLUS I am completely in love with halos and have always been. When I was 15 my dad gave me a ring very similar to a tiffany legacy (with a gemstone of course) and I said I wanted to have a ring like that as my engagement ring.

lucky_D

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/20/2010 1:28:48 AM

I don't think the setting looks bad, beautiful rings! Congrats!

THANKS! Who doesn't love to hear that?

3.gif
9.gif
Here is the link:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-e-ring-and-wedding-band-finally-figured-this-picture-thing-out.118818/

I have since added another diamond band (was a 30th B-day gift) to the stack. Congrats! Enjoy your beauties.

Its beautiful and you are very beautiful as well! I love your wedding site. I always wanted a destination wedding, but knew it would be very hard for my mom, since she is so traditional. We went all over Europe for our honeymoon, but we didn't make it there. We are going this fall, our tour begins in Athens and I am trying to talk my husband into going a little early and do a tour of greece too. Sorry I didn't post this on your thread, but for some reason, it won't let me post there.

wsu12

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/20/2010 12:21:03 PM
Date: 3/20/2010 1:28:48 AM

THANKS! Who doesn''t love to hear that?

3.gif
9.gif
Here is the link:

Its beautiful and you are very beautiful as well! I love your wedding site. I always wanted a destination wedding, but knew it would be very hard for my mom, since she is so traditional. We went all over Europe for our honeymoon, but we didn''t make it there. We are going this fall, our tour begins in Athens and I am trying to talk my husband into going a little early and do a tour of greece too. Sorry I didn''t post this on your thread, but for some reason, it won''t let me post there.

Thanks! You are so kind, you made my day!
9.gif
Enjoy your vacation, Greece is beautiful...I know you will love it!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s lovely as is.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous. But I totally get wanting a change. I think a halo will also be lovely!

lucky_D

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/20/2010 12:58:00 AM
top view. you can see how the stone is too large for the setting. Also, how poorly taken care of my ring is
38.gif

I just realized that these are not scratches, but the light reflecting between the gold and the stone.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful rings!! I actually really like your setting!!!
36.gif

And I find it cool to be married on 09/09/09!! No issues memorising the anniversary date!!
3.gif

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Congrats - I can''t wait to see your upgrade pictures someday - enjoy your ring!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Stunning set!

lucky_D

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/20/2010 11:29:13 AM
Author: Scorpioanne
Date: 3/20/2010 12:51:28 AM

While your ring is lovely, it is not cool to use the ''r word'' as a pejorative term.
I am really, really sorry. I should not use the word so lightly. My younger brother is autistic and has severe mental retardation, yet he manages to receive some of the best grades in his classes. He is brilliant and has been a complete blessing to my entire family. I truly am sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results