shape
carat
color
clarity

Married!!! :) Details, and a few non-pro pics!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Hey everyone! So Saturday was the big day! I can''t believe it''s over already, it''s both relieving and a little bit sad. DH (!AAAH!) said to me today, "Why aren''t we Indian? Don''t they have a week-long celebration?". I think he''s more bummed than me about it being over!
The day was not without hitches, however (is any wedding?). Nothing major, but I''ll list them:

We had been stashing the wedding fund (we paid for the wedding) in a savings acct in DH''s name. We had a final payment due(about 5K) to the reception venue on April 8th. Well, what an ordeal getting our money out. First, we had to come back ''cause the manager was out to lunch. Then, even the manager gave us a hard time, because DH hadn''t deposited anything with his signature on it in over a year (we had been transferring $ from our joint checking). Even the joint checking didn''t have anything with his signature on it in over a year; we have direct deposit and I write the checks. MAJOR PITA. DH was fuming, as was I, but I have a much longer fuse. Yeah, that account is closed now. Why it should take over an hour to withdraw your own money is beyond me.

Thursday, DH was baking the cookies for the favors (I''m lucky to be married to a man who loves the kitchen!). I hadn''t planned on wearing a veil, but my mom had suggested her mantilla. She dug it out last week (my parents are divorced), and I fell in love. It looked amazing with my dress, but it was PURE white, still, after 40 years. My dress is ivory. My mom told me to dye it with RIT. I was worried that I''d ruin it, as I didn''t know what fabric the veil was (you need to know for dye type/time etc). So my mom assured me that it was no biggie if it got ruined, it''s been sittin in her closet for 40 years, blah, blah, blah. So I bought the dye and dyed it. It. Turned. The. Color. Of. Cardboard. So I freaked out. Even though my mom didn''t care, just the thought of ruining it was too much, especially 2 days before my wedding. DH suggested bleach. I thought that the fabric would fall apart, but I tried it anyway. I bleached that thing 6 times. And it came out perfect! I was relieved beyond words.

DH''s aunt lost her battle with cancer on March 27th. The whole family had been hoping she would make it to the wedding, but she''d been in pretty bad shape for the last month or so. MIL has taken it pretty hard, she''s been depressed, and just not herself since her sister''s passing (totally understandable). MIL was a half hour late to the ceremony (we shoulda started at 3, ended up starting at 3:30). I''m pretty sure she was quite medicated (to the point of tripping over herself several times). I understand that she is going through some major grieving and all, but I''m not sure how I feel about her choices about dealing with the grief. Just the way she was made me feel a little uneasy.

My aunt made runners for the tables. I gave her a swatch of the BM dresses (it''s called kiwi). She made them hunter green. Ugh. Oh, well (I have a pic of that).

During the vows, the Rev. said "Lynn?", I replied "Yeah?" in my classic Philly accent, promptly followed by "um.... I mean, yes?". People got a good chuckle out of that.

Now for the GOOD stuff!!! Much more good than bad!!!

I had been SO worried about the weather cooperating for our outdoor ceremony. Turned out to be the best day of the year! Saturday was a beautiful 78 degree day, mostly sunny, with a few wispy clouds in the sky! I actually got a sunburn! I kept reminding DH to not squint for pictures, cause it makes him look mad.
I was surprised by how many people showed up for the ceremony. I had 115 booked for the reception, and the lady at Pennsbury Manor (ceremony cite) assured me that 80 chairs would be plenty (11 of us were standing the whole time - bridal party + photog and videographer). We still had about 10 people without chairs. So about 100 showed up for the ceremony, total.
The ceremony went off pretty much without a hitch. It was everything I imagined, and more!
My brother was awesome and sprung for a limo at the last minute. BM''s and I had spent the night at a hotel room the night before, and I had planned on borrowing said brother''s van to transport us girls to the ceremony. I hope he got a good deal (he said he did), cause the limo smelled kinda funky (can you say prom the night before?).
The reception was great, the food and the people there were amazing. I had 2 personal attendants for anything I needed, which was unexpected. I felt like a queen (I am so not used to be waited on hand & foot!).
The wedding party walked in to the theme from the A-Team. Totally hilarious. My younger brother actually did a dive/roll move on the dancefloor. Too funny.
Everyone raved about what a beautiful wedding it was, and a few even noticed the little details (favors matched the invites, bathroom baskets, etc).
I can''t wait to get the pro pics back. She showed me a few (the screen on her camera), and I''m sure they''ll be gorgeous.

A HUGE thank you to you PS''ers, for being so supportive and for answering my questions when I had them. You guys rock!!!!
35.gif

I am still in shock that it''s all over. I am happily married!!!!!!!!

For those who are wondering, we''re putting off a honeymoon as DH is in school. My aunt has given us a time-share. We get to pick any resort from intervalworld.com, so if any of you have suggestions, I''m open! We''d probably go the last week of August or 1st week of September. We have to decide soon. I''d love to go to the carribbean, but that''s not the greatest time of the year for that.

I don''t have any pics of the ceremony. So far, only one of my friends has e-mailed me pictures. They aren''t the greatest, but hey, they''re PICTURES!

Thanks for letting me share my story!!!

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
First dance. Kinda dark, but you get the idea. They had tucked the veil into my bustle. The netting part was definitely darker than the lace on the edges, and is more noticable when it''s bunched together like that.

For those who followed my shoe saga, I am wearing the 4'' heels here and DH is wearing his 3" shoes. And I am still taller than him. lol

I promise I have a face IRL. I''ll prolly post my face once the pro pics come back!

We danced to Van Morrison''s "Crazy Love"

kristinsshots1ps.jpg

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
group shot with MOH and my best girlfriends:

The BM dresses were custom made for the girls by a local shop. The price was unbeatable. I had been having a hard time finding the dress in the color and price range I needed. They did these dresses for $150. They were made to fit, so they didn''t have the extra altering expense.

kristinsshots28ps.jpg

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
The table runners that were the wrong color. Picture taken after dessert.
Half the tables had these hurricane arrangements, half had tall ones on risers. I don''t have a pic of the tall ones. Yet.

You can also see the favor boxes we made. Each had 3 cookies: Coconut Cornflake (my favorite), Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip.

kristinsshots42ps.jpg

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
The cake. I think the topper''s too big. Oh, well. It was yummy. 2 tiers were lemon pound cake with buttercream icing, 3 layers were marble pound cake with buttercream. The bakery the reception venue works with is reknowned for their pound cake (Rilling''s Bakery, in Philly).

The flowers that were half-dead by the time this shot was taken. I made them the day before. My mom works at a florist, and I was a designer there while in college.

My bouquet is made up of: Esperanza roses, white hydrangea, white mini calla lillies, white & green hypericum berries, white lisianthus, white stock, and hanging amaranthys.

The girls had: Fuschia roses, white/green hydrangea, green hypericum, green button poms, fuschia rununculus (sp?), and fuschia tulips.

kristinsshots8ps.jpg

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
this makes me laugh. Please tell me every family has a crazy Uncle Roy that wears jeans to a formal event! He''s DH''s uncle, and I''d been to several weddings that Uncle Roy''s attended, so I knew what to expect!

kristinsshots24ps.jpg

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
My younger brother in all his glory. My friend C caught the bouquet. My brother has had a huge crush on her for years. He was sure to fight tooth and nail for that garter!!

kristinsshots46.jpg

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Another group shot, I think my dress looks nicer here...

kristinsshots13pss.jpg

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
just thought i''d interrupt to say i''m in love with your dress. now back to our regularly scheduled programming ::hits refresh repeatedly::

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
last one, for now. I wish I had ceremony photos.

At the end of the night, she took a shot from the DJ balcony. I think this was right after the last dance.

kristinsshots50ps.jpg

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Wow everything was so gorgeous! And it looked like a lot of fun!! Congratulations!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I love your pictures! I''m also SO glad your mum suggested her veil, because it looked lovely with your dress! So relieved you were able to bleach it back to white. What a sweet way to honour your mum as well!

I wish I could have had some of your cookies....i love coconut cookies!
18.gif

Can''t wait to see the pro shots of the ceremony!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/22/2009 2:53:51 PM
Author:Lynnie
DH (!AAAH!) said to me today, ''Why aren''t we Indian? Don''t they have a week-long celebration?''.
You wouldn''t want that. TRUST ME.

!!!!!!

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
rhb, doodle & Porridge: Thanks!! It was definitely a blast! It''s so nice to not be stressing this wedding stuff anymore. I have so much paperwork that I can get rid of now!

Date: 4/22/2009 3:49:35 PM
Author: kama_s

DH (!AAAH!) said to me today, ''Why aren''t we Indian? Don''t they have a week-long celebration?''.

!!!!!!
Kama, I''ll be sure to let him know. I''ve always thought that Indian weddings were so beautiful and different, though! The dancing is awesome!

I''ll be sure to savor a coconut cookie for you. DH made 140 of each kind, so I have extra. Lol. I had been watching what I ate for the month before the wedding. So far, I''ve treated myself to: Chinese food, Ben & jerry''s Chocolate Fudge Brownie ice cream, and KFC chicken strips. I haven''t touched this stuff in probably the last two months!!! It''s a nice treat! And now, my next door neighbor is barbequing, so I want a hot dog!!!
18.gif

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
Lynnie your pictures are GORGEOUS and make me so impatient for my own wedding!!!

Stunning, stunning, stunning... You looked unbelievably good in that dress, and I love your girls'' dresses!!!!

I could gush for days but I''ll stop :) So glad you had a wonderful time and not too much went wrong :)

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/22/2009 4:10:03 PM
Author: Lynnie

Date: 4/22/2009 3:49:35 PM
Author: kama_s

!!!!!!
Kama, I''ll be sure to let him know. I''ve always thought that Indian weddings were so beautiful and different, though! The dancing is awesome!

I''ll be sure to savor a coconut cookie for you. DH made 140 of each kind, so I have extra. Lol. I had been watching what I ate for the month before the wedding. So far, I''ve treated myself to: Chinese food, Ben & jerry''s Chocolate Fudge Brownie ice cream, and KFC chicken strips. I haven''t touched this stuff in probably the last two months!!! It''s a nice treat! And now, my next door neighbor is barbequing, so I want a hot dog!!!
18.gif
Yum! You totally deserve it! I can totally see myself pigging out post wedding too. I''m hoping to save some cupcakes to have the next day! Haha. Also, if you want to see pics of an Indian wedding, I posted my Indian wedding pics a little while ago. (sorry for the threadjack!!)

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love your photos! Congratulations on your marriage! Glad you enjoyed it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, your dress is gorgeous!!! What is it? Congratulations, too!!!!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Lynnie!!! I''m so glad that your wedding went mostly according to plan, Uncle Roy and all.
2.gif
Best wishes for married life, and we want to see more pictures when you get them!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Wow! I can''t wait for the picture. Sorry to hear about the slip ups, but your day looked beautiful.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
You looked beautiful! Congratulations
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the garter pics, lol

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Everything looks beautiful!! Congrats!!!
36.gif

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I adoreeeeeeeeeeee your dress!!! Beautiful wedding!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
EEP! You''re a MRS!!!!!!!

SO glad to hear that the awesome, positive, wonderful parts of the day outweighed the few little bumbles. I loved reading your "wedding recap", if you will!!

And ooooh those teaser shots got me excited for the pro pics!! Your dress looked STUNNNNNING!!!!

And the tables were rockin'', even if the sashes were the wrong color
3.gif
Those are the funny things you can laugh at after-the-fact

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
You were a stunning bride! Love all the pics!

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
*picks jaw up off floor* I would kill for your body....

Looks like you had a wonderful day, congratulations!
1.gif

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lynnie, i knew you would be, but you are even more gorgeous than i could have imagined in your dress - its just...
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
OMG you look amazing in that dress! congrats, can''t wait to see more pics.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results