shape
carat
color
clarity

married at the courthouse? what did you wear?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Any pics would be wonderful
1.gif

flowers? Yes or No?
Thanks

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Here''s us! No flowers - and it was a BLIZZARD on the way to the courthouse so I pretty much froze!

monkey-wedding.jpg

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Monkeypie! I like your dress and the tatoos
9.gif

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
I wore a blue silk dress with cardigan and knee high black boots (Left photo was during the ceremony itself). I had a long black outerwear on after as it was cold. I am not a flower person and don''t know how to handle flowers. I carried a pink clutch bag with flowers embroidery to jazz it up and just so I can say that I had flowers.
9.gif
I didn''t see any couples there so not sure if flowers are necessary or not. I''d say just go with what you like!

What I wore.jpg

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
We were married at the County Clerk''s office in NYC - but we went all out. I wore my wedding dress, and I was not the only one! We saw couples in jeans to full wedding garb and everything in between.

Here is a pic of us in line!

clerklineupsz1b.jpg

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wore a knee length strapless black dress (yes PS''ers I ran off and got married in Nov...some of you may have noticed I started saying hubby...the formal ceremony is still May though...sry for the thread jack!)

favoriteedit.JPG

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here it is a front view

marriededit.JPG

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/21/2009 7:29:56 PM
Author: redrose229
Here it is a front view
Such a pretty picture RedRose!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/21/2009 7:42:50 PM
Author: violet3

Date: 4/21/2009 7:29:56 PM
Here it is a front view
Such a pretty picture RedRose!

Thank you! I'm wearing flats at the wedding because I dont want to be almost the same height as my hubby, I was worried that it would be weird getting married in a LBD but it worked out great!
36.gif

As far as the flowers go, you can see I carried one RED ROSE! LOL!

Just an FYI for those who are thinking about the JP wedding...we did it in the guys office...he didnt even put his jacket on...and all the sudden we were married. I'm not kidding...I blinked and it was like "do you...I do...do you..I do"
Yay...your married!

I was like
20.gif
that's IT!?!?!?!

Needless to say, I wasnt expecting much...but I was expecting it to last a wee bit longer than it did! It was over before I knew it!
20.gif

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I''m not married.. But if I have a courthouse wedding I''ll wear something like this Sarah Danielle with a birdcage veil!

linky

sarahdanielleshortdress.jpg

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/21/2009 8:38:30 PM
Author: OUpeargirl
I''m not married.. But if I have a courthouse wedding I''ll wear something like this Sarah Danielle with a birdcage veil!

linky
OOH LALA! Thanks for the link!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
goodsoul, thanks for the pic. I love the clutch idea.

jsm, I love that you went all out with the gown and flowers! Sweet pics too.

redrose229, Thanks for the pics too. Was it really just a judge declaring the two of you married? I was hoping for a little more ceremony than that...

just a little background, My FI and I were thinking about eloping this summer. I am not really sure how I feel about this yet. Granted that all my family lives close by and all his family is thousands and thousands of miles away..... We are just worried that and actual wedding might put some financial strain on both of our families. We have been together forever and have kids so it just seems silly having a big wedding. But....... I will still want it a little special if you know what I mean?

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
I think a courthouse wedding is so romantic. love all of your pics!

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/21/2009 9:04:18 PM
Author: akmiss

linky
Love the above dress. Love, love, love
30.gif

After a quick search I also found this; I''d get it in ivory (sorry, don''t know the designer)

courthousedress.jpg

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/21/2009 9:17:13 PM
Author: Dannielle

Date: 4/21/2009 9:04:18 PM
Author: akmiss

linky
Love the above dress. Love, love, love
30.gif

After a quick search I also found this; I''d get it in ivory (sorry, don''t know the designer)
cute dress but a little too short for my hubby''s taste! He is kinda a shrewd when it comes to things like that... LOL, I love him anyways
9.gif

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was just a judget. We didnt have any high expectations though because we still are having our "real" wedding next month. I was a little put off by the fact he didnt even have his suit jacket on though...it was on his desk chair behind him! The way it apppeared to me was he was making a quick $$$ right before a lunch break in his office. The way the marriage license work in Harris county is that when you GET the marriage license, you have to sign it. THEN you wait 72hrs (I think that much) and you can get married...THEN the officant/judge signes it after you get married. I didnt even SIGN IT that day! I was like...HUH?! I dont sign anything?!?!? Nope...I guess when I signed when we applied to get it.

There are many nice elopment stories and if you feel its right for you there are lots of option. You can elope and not go to a courthouse as well! There are many cute little get-away chapels all over the country that do elopments all the time! Your not limited to a court house if you dont want to be! ANd there are beautiful courthouses as well...mine just wanst one of them! LOL!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2009 7:27:23 PM
I wore a knee length strapless black dress (yes PS'ers I ran off and got married in Nov...some of you may have noticed I started saying hubby...the formal ceremony is still May though...sry for the thread jack!)

-threadjack-
I was wondering redrose! I knew you had recently posted your dress and about some issues with vendors. This explains a lot! Congrats!-endthreadjack-

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
JSM I missed your photo thread--> Love the photo of you two in line, along with others who are clearly there for the same reason
36.gif

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/22/2009 10:39:33 AM
It was just a judget. We didnt have any high expectations though because we still are having our ''real'' wedding next month. I was a little put off by the fact he didnt even have his suit jacket on though...it was on his desk chair behind him! The way it apppeared to me was he was making a quick $$$ right before a lunch break in his office. The way the marriage license work in Harris county is that when you GET the marriage license, you have to sign it. THEN you wait 72hrs (I think that much) and you can get married...THEN the officant/judge signes it after you get married. I didnt even SIGN IT that day! I was like...HUH?! I dont sign anything?!?!? Nope...I guess when I signed when we applied to get it.

There are many nice elopment stories and if you feel its right for you there are lots of option. You can elope and not go to a courthouse as well! There are many cute little get-away chapels all over the country that do elopments all the time! Your not limited to a court house if you dont want to be! ANd there are beautiful courthouses as well...mine just wanst one of them! LOL!
Yes we were also thinking about the local botanical garden and maybe a reception afterwards but clearly that would take some planning.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results