shape
carat
color
clarity

Marquise with side stones?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

af1charley

Rough_Rock
I recently purchased an engagement ring, and I would like to get a second opinion on it. Here are the specs:

Marquise center stone: .70 car., D, SI2, 63%Depth, 56%tbl, VG cut & sym., mb fl., GIA dossier cert.
Pear side stones: .17 car. each, G, SI1, and that's all I know about them
Band: 6mm wide Platinum,

I paid $3,450 for it. This included an appraisal from the jeweler. The appraisal listed at $6,300. I think it is probably way over estimated.
Please let me know if you think it was worth $3,450

Thanks,
C.:wavey:

af1charley

Rough_Rock
By the way, I was only given a small window to return it to the jeweler. I like the ring. The stones are eye-clean and very sparkly. One of the side stones has slight florescense. I may demand him to switch them out. I would actually prefer both of them to have florescense than just one. My main concern now is price. Should I return the ring and keep shopping?

C. :wink2:

geo10000

Rough_Rock
Hello, the price you paid from the jeweler was very fair. I did the quick math of it and the retail replacement value was close to what your jeweler said. I think you paid a very good discounted price.
As for one of the pears being fluorescent, that is a different story. Is it hazy to the eye under all lighting conditions or mostly in sunlight? If it is a concern have it replaced with one that is NOT fluorescent rather than two that are. If it is no big deal and fluoresces under long or short wave lighting ("black light") then I would not worry a whole lot about it for its size.
Hope this helps

George
:))

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results