shape
carat
color
clarity

Marquise ring from an estate sale.

DumbStruck

Rough_Rock
Its been hard to find a style of ring my girlfriend would like sence she is very picky but doesn't want to be involved with the picking of a ring. Guide lines i recieved was Marquise cut nothing over a carat, and not a slim one or a fat one sort of in the middle. If any sidestones no more then three on each side. White gold or platinium. And she would prefer an antique style. So i was majorly stressed out looking for, and i happened across an Estate sale and this is what i picked up.

This is an absolutely beautiful vintage ring that comes to us from a historical jewelry shop in Niagara Falls that was in business for over 100 years and has since closed its doors. This piece is considered old-new stock (one owner) and has been collecting dust for the past 35 years after the shop closed. I am helping the family of these jewelers find a new life for some incredible pieces -- which their collection has heirlooms of all ages. And what a find this ring is! The diamond is incredible -- white, sparking, radiant - and the mounting equally stunning set with 6 paveed diamonds. Appraised at $5,800

Jewelry Specs
Shank Width: 1.5mm
Weight: 3.0 grams
Size: 6.75 US
Metal Type: 14K White Gold
Stamped: 14K 2/ 0012
Condition: New Old Stock

Center Gemstone Specs
Stone: Diamond
Approx. Carat Weight/Size: .77ct, 8.48x4.97mm
Cut Type: Marquise
Setting: 6 prongs
Color: G, Colorless
Clarity: VS2 - SI1, Eye Clean
Cut Rating: Very Good

Accent Stone Specs
Stone: 6 Diamonds
Carat Weight/Size: .13ctw
Cut Type: Full Cut
Setting: Bead Prong
Clarity: SI
Color: C1, Faint Champagne

Now just to figure out what to do to give it to her.

il_570xN_248117408.jpg

il_570xN_248151477.jpg

lindacat

Rough_Rock
Beautiful ring! There is a forum on here that has proposal ideas and stories - I have not looked at it, as I am new here; but maybe there are some ideas on there that you can use. Good luck!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
what are you paying for the ring?Not the appraisal value i hope.Also who did the appraisal because the center stone has two clarity grades assigned to it and to better know value then we need to know which is the actual clarity grade.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results