carat
color
clarity

Marquise Halo Ideas

sydtrick23

Rough_Rock
Hello All and Happy Friday!

Newbie posting so please go easy ;)2

Looking for ideas/suggestions for engagement ring enhancement for our 20th annv. Pictures attached. Solitaire is 1.00 C. Thinking about adding a halo around the solitaire and possibly adding some diamonds to the band while still keeping the ring enhancer.

Thoughts and thank you in advance! E0972BE5-0974-4775-9D81-3E2ECF8D01D5.jpeg 412B2027-7664-4EC4-A1AC-84AB316E0050.jpeg

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! I think halo + enhancers a bit much. Are you open to moving on from the enhancers? I think it might be nice to do a refresh and a new look. I’m not a huge fan of halos on marquises. I think the marquise on a diamond band is simple yet elegant. It’s a great look without “trying too hard”. The marquise certainly looks much larger than a carat.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! I think halo + enhancers a bit much. Are you open to moving on from the enhancers? I think it might be nice to do a refresh and a new look. I’m not a huge fan of halos on marquises. I think the marquise on a diamond band is simple yet elegant. It’s a great look without “trying too hard”. The marquise certainly looks much larger than a carat.

I agree with this - it will be too much to have both competing. @Austina has the most stunning marquise halo in a split shank - check it out. It's very eye catching & has beautiful proportions.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello All and Happy Friday!

Newbie posting so please go easy ;)2

Looking for ideas/suggestions for engagement ring enhancement for our 20th annv. Pictures attached. Solitaire is 1.00 C. Thinking about adding a halo around the solitaire and possibly adding some diamonds to the band while still keeping the ring enhancer.

Thoughts and thank you in advance! E0972BE5-0974-4775-9D81-3E2ECF8D01D5.jpeg 412B2027-7664-4EC4-A1AC-84AB316E0050.jpeg

Is this somewhat like you are thinking?
90C26A10-7001-418B-939C-6BF39ADF3BD2.jpeg
(Excuse the rough mockup)

I think the main ring will need to be completely redone, not just added to.
And I think you’ll need to have all rings a larger size to accommodate a wider stack.

Happy 20th anniversary!

sydtrick23

Rough_Rock
Thanks all...appreciate input and ideas !

barbie86

Shiny_Rock
I would lose the enhancer if you do a halo. You could do a double halo instead?

sydtrick23

Rough_Rock

And I think you’ll need to have all rings a larger size to accommodate a wider stack.

Happy 20th anniversary!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Without the diamonds on the shank would be less busy to my eye and would work. And - yes; you’d need a new setting; I don’t think you can just add a halo to your existing one.

ls430FL

Rough_Rock
I think it is a beautiful ring but it is time for a redo to bring it into more modern times. I personally would like to see you completely get rid of the enhancers. Maybe even take the diamonds out of the enhancers and put them on a thinner band and use the diamonds to go around about 3/4 on both sides of the band. I think this will bring the ring more up to date with current times. A halo can be ok on marquise but it must be done elegantly and not too large. Perhaps something more like the photos below. I would elect for slightly smaller prongs and a less visible prong protectors of the vulnerable V on either end of the stone so it is more sleek and you see more of the beautiful diamond. The diamonds on the band would be slightly larger if you use the enhancer diamonds and really make it pop.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-04 at 3.10.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-04 at 3.10.40 PM.png
    108.6 KB · Views: 30

barbie86

Shiny_Rock
Also to add, I am getting a marquise halo soon. This is the design I have gone for:

Screenshot_20200512-174634.png

Halo is platinum, 26 single point diamonds. Centre stone is 1.04ct (10.9mm x 5.2mm).

I wanted a vintage look, so have tiny stones, and milgrain. Didn't want it too chunky, either, as I thought it would overwhelm the centre stone.

sydtrick23

Rough_Rock
I think it is a beautiful ring but it is time for a redo to bring it into more modern times. I personally would like to see you completely get rid of the enhancers. Maybe even take the diamonds out of the enhancers and put them on a thinner band and use the diamonds to go around about 3/4 on both sides of the band. I think this will bring the ring more up to date with current times. A halo can be ok on marquise but it must be done elegantly and not too large. Perhaps something more like the photos below. I would elect for slightly smaller prongs and a less visible prong protectors of the vulnerable V on either end of the stone so it is more sleek and you see more of the beautiful diamond. The diamonds on the band would be slightly larger if you use the enhancer diamonds and really make it pop.

sydtrick23

Rough_Rock
Thank you! Im a bit of a sentimental fool when it comes to things

sydtrick23

Rough_Rock

Happy 20th anniversary!

sydtrick23

Rough_Rock
Thank you and love the picture. Im a visual person. Possible to do the picture without diamonds on the band/shank so only Halo and marquise?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results