shape
carat
color
clarity

Marquise experts, please choose among two!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cmaha33

Rough_Rock
Hiello, all. 1) Can someone please tell me which is the better marquise between the following? 2) ALSO, could you please tell me which class each falls into on the AGA Cut chart? Thank you in advance!!

Diamond #1) Shape: Marquise Brilliant
Meas: 10.71 x 5.91. 3.77 mm
Weight 1.30 carat
Depth: 63.8%
Table: 54%
Girdle: Thin to Medium, Faceted
Culet: None
Polish: VG
Symmetry: G
Clarity: IF
Color: D
Fluorescence: None

Diamond #2) Shape: Marquise Brilliant
Meas: 10.74 x 5.68 x 3.51 mm
Weight: 1.20 carat
Depth: 61.8%
Table: 57%
Girdle: Slightly Thick to Thick, Faceted
Polish: EX
Symmetry: VG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2009 12:34:46 PM
Author:cmaha33
Hiello, all. 1) Can someone please tell me which is the better marquise between the following? 2) ALSO, could you please tell me which class each falls into on the AGA Cut chart? Thank you in advance!!

Diamond #1) Shape: Marquise Brilliant
Meas: 10.71 x 5.91. 3.77 mm
Weight 1.30 carat
Depth: 63.8%
Table: 54%
Girdle: Thin to Medium, Faceted
Polish: VG
Symmetry: G

Diamond #2) Shape: Marquise Brilliant
Meas: 10.74 x 5.68 x 3.51 mm
Weight: 1.20 carat
Depth: 61.8%
Table: 57%
Girdle: Slightly Thick to Thick, Faceted
Polish: EX
Symmetry: VG
Images such as photos and ASET are really needed in order to be able to help, can you request these if the diamonds are for sale with an online vendor?

I take it you want D IF for colour and clarity?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even normal photos would do! With marquise cuts you have to buy with your eyes rather than stats. Marquise can be chubby, long, skinny, have a bow tie, no bow tie etc etc etc. I would never buy one unseen (or at least a series of photos).

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree, you need to see all fancy cuts, numbers on their own are meaningless.

Indira-London

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 3:25:18 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
Even normal photos would do! With marquise cuts you have to buy with your eyes rather than stats. Marquise can be chubby, long, skinny, have a bow tie, no bow tie etc etc etc. I would never buy one unseen (or at least a series of photos).
Ditto to all the previous posters.

Each marquise shape diamond is so individual - that it is best to choose the SHAPE that you like - some people like shorter, fatter shapes and some like longer slimmer shapes. Whilst Lorelei''s suggestion of ASET and idealscope is also good - these are not as easy to interpret for fancy shapes. If you are choosing remotely, then you need as much of this information as possible otherwise the easiest way to choose is to view the marquise diamonds in person.

Attached is a picture of three marquise diamond rings where the marqusie diamonds are similar carat weights but as you will see each is different shape.

marquise rings.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2009 8:44:10 AM
Author: Indira-London

Date: 3/22/2009 3:25:18 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
Ditto to all the previous posters.

Each marquise shape diamond is so individual - that it is best to choose the SHAPE that you like - some people like shorter, fatter shapes and some like longer slimmer shapes. Whilst Lorelei''s suggestion of ASET and idealscope is also good - these are not as easy to interpret for fancy shapes. If you are choosing remotely, then you need as much of this information as possible otherwise the easiest way to choose is to view the marquise diamonds in person.

Attached is a picture of three marquise diamond rings where the marqusie diamonds are similar carat weights but as you will see each is different shape.
Sorry, I just wanted to clarify I asked for photos and ASET, not IS
35.gif

Indira-London

Shiny_Rock
oops Soory Lorelie - of course you are right as usual!
emthup.gif

Sorry for my slip.
emembarrassed.gif

I am in the middle of a rather tedious chore of re-loading 100+ pictures for technical efficiency and did the response rather quickly as a break from tedious chore!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2009 9:06:36 AM
Author: Indira-London
oops Soory Lorelie - of course you are right as usual!
emthup.gif

Sorry for my slip.
emembarrassed.gif

I am in the middle of a rather tedious chore of re-loading 100+ pictures for technical efficiency and did the response rather quickly as a break from tedious chore!
LOL!! No worries Indira! Oh yikes - that doesn''t sound like much fun with the pics.....
14.gif

cmaha33

Rough_Rock
Thank you all so much for your help! I am actually going to see the diamonds in person this evening
21.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let us know how you get on!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results