shape
carat
color
clarity

Marquise ER reset horizontally

BaylorSays

Rough_Rock
Hi all! I've been waiting for this day for 14 1/2 years (since I liked my original engagement ring for approximately 6 months before I hated it). I had my original engagement ring stone reset to look a little more modern and a little more 'me'. We got engaged and married so stinkin young that I didn't have a clue about diamonds nor did I really care. But I've never liked my rings at all and you should LOVE your wedding rings, am I right? As time has marched on, a marquise cut in yellow gold with baguettes just screamed "Look at me! I got married in the 90's, ya dig??"

I went through a local jeweler here in West Palm Beach and am so beside myself happy with the results! I feel like I am engaged all over again. :D I found pricescope during this process and lets just say that I'm now beyond obsessed. You people have given me jewelry fever!

Here are the deets and then I'll post some phone pics:

Center stone
1 ct marquise
VS Clarity
I Color
Good cut

32 round full cut Halo and side diamonds .32ct TW
VS Clarity
G-H Color

ER set in 18k white gold

Wedding band is 18k rose gold with 16 natural pink sapphires .65ct TW Ring size is 5 1/2 for reference. Thanks for letting me share my excitement!!

:appl:

oldringsettingbaguettes.jpg

newfabulousewsetting.jpg

_2337.jpg

erwithband.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful! What a total transformation!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, what a change!! It looks AMAZING on you! :appl:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's amazing! It looks like a totally different stone!

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness! I LOVE your new rings! I am starting to want an E-W marquise. :love:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Flipping heck, they couldn't look more different if you tried! I absolutely LOVE what you have turned your set into! :love:

How unusual to have the pink sapphire band with the new marquise setting - it looks simply stunning. I have never seen another set like that :sun:

Congratulations - well worth the wait. Enjoy them! :))

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What an amazing transformation! As gorgeous as your ring is, I see a tidal wave of marquise owners rushing to reset just like that!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What an amazing transformation! As gorgeous as your ring is, I see a tidal wave of marquise owners rushing to reset just like that!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love east/west marquise rings - this is breathtaking!!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful reset!! Congrats!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is absolutely amazing! Love your new ring and the idea of it all!

Enjoy all the sparkles and welcome to PS where the dreams never end - ha!!

We would enjoy 150 more pictures of your new pretty!

D

Deactivated member 42515

I don't usually say this word... But I gotta say it! Amazeballs!!!! What a transformation!!!!! I love what you have done with your new ring! Perfection in every way! From the halo to the horizontal setting! Marvelous!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like your old setting, even if it does date me right along side you :)
But honestly, the new rings are stunning!!!

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wowza! That is such a great change!!!! The halo is amazing!! Loooove the pink wedding band! Just divine!!! Congratulations! I am so happy for you! :appl: :appl: :love: :love:

Luxie

Shiny_Rock
It is beautiful I love it! :love:

P.S. details on the pretty pink band please! :D

^ woops! Nevermind! Just saw the details at the bottom of your post!

Its gorgeous with your marquise! 8-)

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I ADORE EW settings!!! So very perfect and beautiful :love:

BaylorSays

Rough_Rock
Oh are y'all just the BEST or what??!! You know how to make a new girl feel good. Thanks so much for all the sweet words, I'm so grateful to find a crew that will feel my joy a bit.

Not sure why all the pics turned up sideways? Hmmmph....I will take some real camera pics tomorrow!

I am so so thrilled with the rings. I went for the pink band after seeing Blake Lively's loverly little number...well, there's a reason her set was $2 million ha! My jeweler said it would be next to impossible to do pink diamonds, hard enough to get the sapphires. Love the mix match look, love the daintiness...just so excited.

I'm planning to turn the baguettes into some sort of band to mix in there too...not sure exactly how or when. My hubs is super sentimental and wants every piece of the original used. He was so frustrated that they didn't melt the actual gold from the original to mold into the new ones. 8)

Sparklepop

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous! I love it. What a difference. Glad you can wear your ring with a smile!

GoldFish8

Shiny_Rock
BaylorSays|1355447790|3330712 said:
My hubs is super sentimental and wants every piece of the original used. He was so frustrated that they didn't melt the actual gold from the original to mold into the new ones. 8)
This is SO CUTE!!!

I have never seen a set like that and I LOVE IT!!! I am usually not a huge fan of the marquise cut but I freaking LOVE yours!! :love: :love: :love:

MK514

Rough_Rock
Your new ring is beautiful!
The marquise set horizontally is really unique.
As I recall, Catherine Zeta-Jones has a marquise engagement ring set EW.

Enjoy and wear it in good health.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! Love your new re-set and adore your rose gold pink sapphire wedding band. What a beautiful and interesting set!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful!!! I love the e/w setting!!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Incredible difference! WOW! Looks so "Not 1990's" now! Fantastic reset and I love it with the pink band - congratulations on having a ring/ set you now love!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it. It looks great.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
gorgeous! Enjoy! I LOVE E/W settings!!! :appl:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
It looks great E/W!!!! And I love it with the halo. Such great finger coverage.

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Yummy! I love an east to west marquise. Plus that rose gold band is a stunner!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alright...I have been looking at your set again and again and i'm trying to find the right way to say that...THIS IS SOOO AMAZING :love: EVERYTHING ABOUT IT IS SO ORIGINAL AND DIFFERENT AND BEAUTIFUL AND YUMMY :love: :love: :love: :love:
It is a set that catches your eye immediately...And i love your idea od pairing the ER with the pink sapphire band...It was definitely worth the waiting :appl:

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
LOVE!!!!

Lori

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I love them set e-w, it looks fantastic!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results