shape
carat
color
clarity

Marquise diamond size scale?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zferretlvr

Rough_Rock
Hello Leonid and Others.
I have posted a couple of times will in the search of diamond knowledge and here I am again. I have been to Pricescope's page on AGI cuts for marquise and that is not quite what I am looking for. I have found a carat sizing scale for round diamonds but cannot find anything that pertains to marquise cuts. Does anyone know where I can find the dimensions of various size marquise diamonds? I'm just looking for length, width and depth. Thanks, Karen

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Karen,I'd recommend you to look at this online tool (you have to use Internet Explorer and allow installation an ActiveX control): www.cutstudy.com/cut/Brill/e_ray_marq.htm This is one of the excellent features of GemCalc software: www.cutstudy.com/octonus/english/gemcalc/index.htm . At the left hand side you can set weight and proportions for marquise as well as other proportions (table, crown, pavilion, etc.). Just don't forget to click Apply button when you change one of the parameters.Set the weight of the diamond (e.g. 1.0 crt) and see how width and length will change. Use the Girdle Ratio parameter to set the Width to Length ratio. Eventually you will see how different proportions depend on the weight and vise versa.

zferretlvr

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the links. Will give it a shot. Karen

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results