shape
carat
color
clarity

Marquise Cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiaLil

Rough_Rock
Is it me or has the marquise cut fallen out of favor?

When looking for a new setting I as suprised to find that most settings were for rounds and/or princess cuts.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! The marquise is my favorite shape. Stores don''t keep too many of them in stock and you might have to ask them to bring more in. The vendors here have lots of good ones.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/18/2006 9:28:36 AM
Author:DiaLil
Is it me or has the marquise cut fallen out of favor?

When looking for a new setting I as suprised to find that most settings were for rounds and/or princess cuts.
It has for many years..., but in my opinion its coming back BIG-TIME...

soon you will have plenty of mountings for them,,,,

MAchick

Rough_Rock
When I was looking at erings (before deciding to go custom) there was basically nothing for me to try with marquise. Even when doing the custom design I had to use my imagination mostly with non-marquise settings to figure out what I liked.

It was very frustrating because me and my BF were spending a lot of time debating a e/w or n/s setting.

But, if you want to see mine (I just got it and am still showing it off!)

MAchickside1.jpg

(more pics here)https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-ring-custom-from-greenlake-jewelry-works.45126/

DiaLil

Rough_Rock
MAchick, your ring is very NICE!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they''re making a gradual comeback too. (at least here among PSers!) Particularly when set east-west. YUMMY. Catherine Zeta-Jones has a 10-carat marquise, I think.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
marquises used are a dime a dozen in estate sales, pawn shops and used jewelry shops. buy a loupe and learn, learn, learn. you might be pleasantly surprised at what you find.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results