shape
carat
color
clarity

MARQUISE AS SIDE ACCENT STONES???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

curious

Rough_Rock
Has anyone seen a round center stone accented by a marquise on either side?

Does anyone know of a site that has this setting or have a pic of this setting?

Also for a 2CT stone, what size marquise would you put on either side?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
If you want a 3 stone ring then the side stones could be more than 1 ct each. They would make a wide top ring.

If you want a solitaire look then they should be smaller than .5ct and probably around .2ct each would look good. The marq's should point up from the band in a solitaire.

BEDAZZLED

Shiny_Rock
I want to use them as accents and want the center stone to be the focal point..not a 3 stone ring. I was thinking of putting the marquise horizontally like a traditional baguette setting would be. What do you think??? Any pics of this type of setting.

The stone is presently set with 4 princesses, channel set, on either side...a little too much glitz. Also, there are black shadows between the princesses b/c of the way that they were set..this really bothers me. However, the jeweler told me that they could not be fixed. Is this common with princesses?

Harder than picking out the diamond is picking out the setting. The setting changes the look of the stone completely. I wish they made interchangeable settings, so you could switch around.

student

Shiny_Rock
I just saw a beautiful example on this page:

http://www.mwmjewelry.com/recent-work.html

BEDAZZLED

Shiny_Rock
Thanks...The ring was very pretty. I would like it will 3 on each side and smaller.

cmaha33

Rough_Rock
Hope this reply isn't too late. You might want to check out Tacori, style ht 2198 (horizontal marquise sides with a round center).

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I have, I have! Here's my grandmother's engagement ring, from 1929. It has single cuts around the side marquises and around the round transition-cut center.

dorothysharp.jpg

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
glitterata, you are so fortunate, that transition diamond is just beautiful and it's gorgeously set!

I'm *jealous!*

win

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Winyan. I love it myself. It makes me think of my beautiful, loving grandmother. She started me on my obsession with antique jewelry--she had a beautiful collection of Victorian pieces that she bought at antique stores and yard sales long ago when they were out of fashion. Every year she used to let my cousin and me choose something from her jewelry box for our birthdays. Oh, how I miss her! (And not just for the jewelry...)

Here's another picture that shows the center of the setting a little better.

dorothyring.jpg

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
My wife's ring has marquise side stones, although the center is an emerald cut. They are parallel to the center stone, and stepped down halfway to the band, which has a row of baguettes set flush on either side. I think the marquises are .3 ct each, though I'm not sure (it's been a few years). The center is 1.10 ct, and they complement it pretty well.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 7/2/2003 8:53:51 PM glitterata wrote:

I have, I have! Here's my grandmother's engagement ring, from 1929. It has single cuts around the side marquises and around the round transition-cut center.
----------------
Glitterata, have you inherited your Grandmother's ring? What a splendid heirloom if so!
appl.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On 9/7/2002 10:52:32 AM curious wrote:

"Has anyone seen a round center stone accented by a marquise on either side?

Does anyone know of a site that has this setting or have a pic of this setting?"

I am not sure if I have seen one, but it is probable. I would try Ray Elsey's website (the Tradeshop). He has many virtual albums filled with custom pieces he has done available for viewing.

read.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
glitterata, I too am very jealous! Gorgeous!

As to marquises as side-stones, I like them set horizontally, so that they flank the center-stone like leaves, but I think they're unattractive if set vertically.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 7/3/2003 2:37:39 PM Kamuelamom wrote:

Glitterata, have you inherited your Grandmother's ring? What a splendid heirloom if so! :applaud:
----------------

Thanks, Kamuelamom. Shortly before she died, Grandma gave my mother her engagement ring. Then Mom gave it to me as an engagement present when I got engaged last year. So I didn't exactly inherit it (thank heavens--otherwise, that would mean that I'd lost my mother as well as my grandmother).

Actually, I'm rich sentimental diamonds: I also have my other grandmother's original engagement diamond, an old european cut, which she gave me set in a pendant as a graduation present long ago. In between, it spent several decades as a pinky ring on my grandfather's finger. I recently had it reset in a ring in the style of the period when she first received it. I'll post a picture sometime when the ring, my camera, and I are all in the same place.

But I don't have an engagement ring of my own, just a wedding band. It seemed unnecessary, since I already have so many diamonds. Besides, my husband dislikes diamonds--he says they're too sparkly. Someday maybe I'll get him to give me a more subtly luminous stone, like a cabochon sapphire or something.

Sorry to hijack the thread!

msmithmomx2

Rough_Rock
This semi-mount comes from www.indygem.com. Here is a link to the page. http://www.indygem.com/r9633-d.htm. The center stone on this pic is 1ct but I think that it can be made to your specifications. I've talked with the owner before and he is very nice and very helpful.

I have been coveting this ring for some time. Good luck with your search!

25semimount.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results