shape
carat
color
clarity

Marquise Advice would be very welcome (ASET, Sarin, IS)

Bob_uk

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,

My quest for a D IF marquise is taking a little longer than hoped. Ive managed to get ASET, Idealscope and a Sarin report for one stone, and hopefully I will get the same for a different stone within the next few days. Other that what i've picked up on Pricescope im a total Diamond newbie so I am hoping that the marquise experts on here will give me there opinion on this stone:

GIA report: http://www2.gia.edu/reportcheck/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.showReportVerification&reportno=6117915874&weight=0.93

DI40X_GIA6117915874.jpg

DI40XG_GIA6117915874.jpg

Sarin_GIA6117915874.jpg

AST_GIA6117915874.jpg

Bob_uk

Rough_Rock
Many thanks in advance!

IS_GIA6117915874.jpg

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know if anyone here will claim to be a marquise expert, but I have to say, I did not expect the Aset to look this good. I would definitely like to see the other one you've called in. I have a hard imagining you will find a better Aset on a marquise though.

This stone has good red distribution all over, and the red spreads to the edges. Maybe minor leakage under the table but overall, I think this is probably first rate for a marquise. It's also a really pretty stone.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To me (and I'm no marquise expert), the images look pretty good. Light loss seems to be minimal for a marquise. It looks to be
a lovely shape and a pretty stone all around.

antelope1

Brilliant_Rock
Also not a marquise expert. The images look good! It's amazing the spread you get with this cut -- under a carat and 10mm long x 4 mm wide! Amazing.

My 2 cents:

For ASET and fancies in general, you want to minimize leakage and have a good mix of red, green, and blue, with as much red as you can get around the edges and the center of the stone because a non-sparkly edge will make the diamond look smaller than it is. You also want to look out for leakage around the table (hard to avoid, but a whole ring of leakage is going to look really yucky).

If the next set of ASET and Idealscope images has more red around the edges, it's probably going to look better IRL.

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
This is a decent for a marquise and especially since you are confined to D IF marquise it may the best a reasonable search will produce.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is pretty.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Looks like a pretty darned gorgeous stone to my eye! (Also not an expert, just commenting from what I've picked up here.) I was bracing for a massive bowtie, and see very, very little evidence of that from the pics and reports.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
no expert- but there doesnt seem to be a lot of light leakage... you want an aset that is mainly red and green.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results