shape
carat
color
clarity

Marquise Advice and Last-Minute Checking

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TJericho

Rough_Rock
I''ve been doing research and reading Pricescope for about 6 months to a year now, so I''m moderately confident in my choice, but I''d like to double-check with the community here before taking the big step and buying.

I''m looking very seriously at a marquise diamond (will likely be paying tomorrow as long as everything works out) with the following numbers:

Report: GIA
Shape: Marquise
Carat: 0.95
Depth %: 61.7
Table %: 55
Girdle: TN-STK
Measurements: 9.55-5.33X3.29 (ratio: 1.79)
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Culet: None
Fluorescence: Medium Blue

I know that you can''t tell everything (or, really "anything" when it comes to fire and brilliance) but what should I be asking as I get ready to buy. I still need to ask about the fluorescence and if it''s cloudy. Otherwise, what do y''al think?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/3/2009 8:18:15 PM
Author:TJericho
I've been doing research and reading Pricescope for about 6 months to a year now, so I'm moderately confident in my choice, but I'd like to double-check with the community here before taking the big step and buying.

I'm looking very seriously at a marquise diamond (will likely be paying tomorrow as long as everything works out) with the following numbers:

Report: GIA
Shape: Marquise
Carat: 0.95
Depth %: 61.7
Table %: 55
Girdle: TN-STK
Measurements: 9.55-5.33X3.29 (ratio: 1.79)
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Culet: None
Fluorescence: Medium Blue

I know that you can't tell everything (or, really 'anything' when it comes to fire and brilliance) but what should I be asking as I get ready to buy. I still need to ask about the fluorescence and if it's cloudy. Otherwise, what do y'al think?
Hi Jericho,

I can't say much without images, I don't see any flags but without images it is not possible to give any meaningful advice regrettably. With the medium fluorescence it won't be a problem with cloudiness, this is only rarely strong or very strong blue. What is the colour and clarity?

TJericho

Rough_Rock
Whoops, forgot that part. It's an F color with VS1 clarity.

Thank you for the advice on the fluorescence, I was beginning to worry.

I guess what's gotten me so bothered is that the diamond is (in my mind at least) a fantastic price (right at $2000, when everything else with close to the same specs are $2600-$3800) and I'm afraid of the whole "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" cliche. But, Whiteflash should have the diamond today or tomorrow I've been informed and based off reviews from here I trust them to tell me if there's anything majorly wrong with it.

Again, thanks for your advice. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Edit: Whiteflash just sent the confirmation .pdf about the SARIN, Idealscope, and picture of the diamond at 40x magnification -- will post when they arrive.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/4/2009 10:31:05 AM
Author: TJericho
Whoops, forgot that part. It's an F color with VS1 clarity.

Thank you for the advice on the fluorescence, I was beginning to worry.

I guess what's gotten me so bothered is that the diamond is (in my mind at least) a fantastic price (right at $2000, when everything else with close to the same specs are $2600-$3800) and I'm afraid of the whole 'if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is' cliche. But, Whiteflash should have the diamond today or tomorrow I've been informed and based off reviews from here I trust them to tell me if there's anything majorly wrong with it.

Again, thanks for your advice. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Edit: Whiteflash just sent the confirmation .pdf about the SARIN, Idealscope, and picture of the diamond at 40x magnification -- will post when they arrive.
Sounds good and if WF are involved then you are in very safe hands! That is a very low price but WF will give you an honest evaluation.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results