shape
carat
color
clarity

Marquis Right Hand Ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sukiisukii

Shiny_Rock
Hi all fellow PSers!

Because I value all your opinions so much, I was just wondering what you guys and gals thought of this marquis ring as a right hand ring? I purchased this vintage ring and want to wear it but it doesn''t go with my wedding band at all so thought maybe it will make an interesting RRH. The stone sits very low so it does not poke up like a solitaire.

What do you think?

ac35_12.jpg

sukiisukii

Shiny_Rock
hand shot... yes its on my left hand now, just pretend its my right
emsmilep.gif

b032_12.jpg

Futuremrss

Shiny_Rock
Cool...you could also drop it from a round and make a neat necklace.

sukiisukii

Shiny_Rock
thats a great idea! i never thought of making it into a pendant. i guess i am usually so stuck on having jewelry on my hands so i can stare at it all day
emteeth.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s a really cool ring. It would look great as a right hand ring!

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I love it! Great finger coverage too...is it from the 50s?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooooo, cool!!!! I think it would make a GREAT RHR.
36.gif
36.gif

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
I think the diamond looks amazing, and is a great size too. It looks balanced on your hand, not too big, not too small. But, I think it looks more evening due to the old world glamour aspect to it. I think it would look hot for a Sat night out etc.

Im thinking that for everyday it could be reset, even maybe W-E ???? But Im not sure because I havent seen enough photos!!!!! Hint hint!!!!!

Of course you can pull it off for every day wear because today there are no rules. But I personally think its possibly a little bit too old fashioned to wear as a rhr in the daily grind of life. Im not saying this as a definate because I would have to see more of you to analyse.....and even then I am just one opinion.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like it, definitely RHR worhy
36.gif

Ms.Dreamy

Shiny_Rock
wow, that''s such a beautiful ring! I would wear it as a RHR (I wish I had it
3.gif
)
If it looks "too glamorous" for everyday wear (as others mentioned) depends on your work and your environment - but that doesn''t matter - wear in whenever you like and as much you can because it''s a wonderful piece of art!
30.gif
I love the glamorous look of older jewellery - and I have to confess - I fell in love with your ring
2.gif

Bev

Shiny_Rock
Such a cool looking ring!! I think that would make a great RHR!

sukiisukii

Shiny_Rock
another...

sukii99.JPG

sukiisukii

Shiny_Rock
the last... thanks again everyone!! Have a great weekend
35.gif

sukii98.JPG

reader

Brilliant_Rock
That looks bigger than a 1 ct...I would love to know how large it is...

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice. I started seeing more MQ rings. I think they are going to make a comeback

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
So because of your ring, I think I might like the long skinny marquis as well as the fat marquise.

What a lovely ring!!!

chirp

Shiny_Rock
I looooove it! very special
36.gif

sukiisukii

Shiny_Rock
I am so happy to hear so many compliments on a marquis ring. There are some very pretty classic looks out there and hopefully they will be able to make a come back
face1.gif

Responding to Reader''s question, I believe this ring is from the 50''s but I do not have the exact specs but I do remember that the center stone is approximately a 0.80ct (12mmx4.5mm) marquis "K" in color and "VS2" in clarity.

I love the design too!! It definitely elongates the finger... just in case anyone is wondering my finger size is 5.5.

Thanks again for your opinions - I really appreciate it
face23.gif

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it''s a really fun RHR - enjpy it! I liked your video!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results