shape
carat
color
clarity

Mark Schneider "Secret Heart"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SBee

Rough_Rock
Anyone familiar with this trademark?

We''ve got a couple rings being made at the M.S. studio right now and were just advised that instead of having the normal "Love You Forever" inscribed on the diamond in the secret heart trademark, we can pay $100 and have up to 3 lines (8 characters per line) of our own choice inscribed instead...

Originally we were thinking of having the inside of the band engraved but this sounds much more unique...any thoughts?? We''re trying to decide if it''s worth it, and I can''t seem to find any consumers online who''ve purchased from the Mark Schneider bridal line.

Thanks!

bosoxbw

Rough_Rock
I''d stick with the band engraving-- you won''t be able to see the inscription on the diamond without a loupe, so unless you want the inscription to be a personal secret...

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
I love Mark Schneider rings! He''s really an exceptional designer. His work is top notch.
Regarding the secret heart engraving, you are talking about the gold heart (pictured at the bottom of the shank in this picture) right? He puts a little inscription inside the heart.
If you could personalize it, I think it would be lovely.

affection.jpg

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
His shop made my custom three stone ring. Can't say enough about the craftsmanship and customer service. Top notch all the way. Which bridal ring design did you select?

radiance.jpg

SBee

Rough_Rock
Yes! You''ve got it exactly right SuzyQZ...the little heart at the base of the shank...the inscription would be visible through a 10x loupe, which they would include with the ring...

The more I think about it, the more I really want to do it. If we engrave the inside of the band it''s not like anyone will really see that anyway either, and I think the inscription on the diamond will have more permanence. Not that an engraving in the band will wear out anytime soon, but the longer the better, right?

We chose the "Cherish" and are also having the matching w-band made, of which we''ve only seen a rough sketch. We are putting a lot of trust in the studio in that sense...I have no doubts that it will be lovely...

SBee

Rough_Rock
Here it is...our jeweler sent us one to view before we ordered ours...

RBWDSCN0876bb.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2007 3:29:00 PM
Author: SuzyQZ
I love Mark Schneider rings! He''s really an exceptional designer. His work is top notch.
Regarding the secret heart engraving, you are talking about the gold heart (pictured at the bottom of the shank in this picture) right? He puts a little inscription inside the heart.
If you could personalize it, I think it would be lovely.
Cool ring!!!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/7/2007 4:06:45 PM
Author: SBee
Yes! You''ve got it exactly right SuzyQZ...the little heart at the base of the shank...the inscription would be visible through a 10x loupe, which they would include with the ring...

The more I think about it, the more I really want to do it. If we engrave the inside of the band it''s not like anyone will really see that anyway either, and I think the inscription on the diamond will have more permanence. Not that an engraving in the band will wear out anytime soon, but the longer the better, right?

We chose the ''Cherish'' and are also having the matching w-band made, of which we''ve only seen a rough sketch. We are putting a lot of trust in the studio in that sense...I have no doubts that it will be lovely...
That secret heart is Mark''s trademark on his bridal collection. I would definitely go for personalizing it, a really lovely touch to make it your own.

The Cherish design you picked is beautiful. I love the daintiness of it. I''m sure you will be very happy with your finished ring. Their quality is really exceptional.

Don''t forget to come back and post pictures of your finished ring in the SMTR forum. I can''t wait so see it!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Sbee:
I think I found another picture of your ring design. Is this it?? Really lovely!!
Did you actually go into Mark''s studio? I love looking at his display cases!

Cherish2007.jpg

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Last MS design.
I know this is kind of too "out there" for most people, but I think it''s cool!

brilliance.jpg

SBee

Rough_Rock
Yep, that''s the one...I have TONS of pictures of it hehehe...

We didn''t actually go to the studio (We''re located in Vancouver, Canada) but we had a dealer send us the ring first so we could make sure we liked it. We also visited a few stores that have his designs. I think I love them all!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring! And I LOVE that you can get teeny tiny engraving on the secret heart! I would definitely do the extra engraving on the secret heart-that''s so cool and totally worth the extra money in my opinion!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
It''s kinda like how Roberto Coin puts a ruby in the shank or on the clasp of his pieces....

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
The ring is beautiful and I love the secret inscription idea. DH''s ring is inscribed, but mine is not, I wish it was. What a fabulous concept. Love it!

danaLynne

Rough_Rock
35.gif

36.gif

Beautiful ring
1.gif

Yesterday was our 7th wedding anniversary and DH bought "The Reminiscent" from page 8 of Mark Schneider''s web site. (I don''t know how to attach the photo) It''s soo beautiful and I''m so happy and excited. I must give it up to have it sized and have the center CZ replaced with the Ideal/.79/F/VS1 center stone.

Based on your thread we will have the secret stone personalized when I give the ring back. Since they will have the ring anyway because it needs to be ordered in my small size 3.75, we might as well. Don''t you think?

Thanks,
Dana

SBee

Rough_Rock
Might as well!!

Please let me know how much they quote you...

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/8/2007 12:45:23 PM
Author: danaLynne
35.gif

36.gif

Beautiful ring
1.gif

Yesterday was our 7th wedding anniversary and DH bought ''The Reminiscent'' from page 8 of Mark Schneider''s web site. (I don''t know how to attach the photo) It''s soo beautiful and I''m so happy and excited. I must give it up to have it sized and have the center CZ replaced with the Ideal/.79/F/VS1 center stone.

Based on your thread we will have the secret stone personalized when I give the ring back. Since they will have the ring anyway because it needs to be ordered in my small size 3.75, we might as well. Don''t you think?

Thanks,
Dana
Dana, is this your ring??? It''s lovely!!!
Happy 7th Anniversary!
36.gif

reminiscent.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results