shape
carat
color
clarity

Mark Patterson Green Samba Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
What do you think about this ring? It is made by Mark Patterson and I have been eyeballing it for quite a while now. Here is the description.

"A garden of gems! Brilliant Green Tsavorites weighing a total of 1.38 carats blossom among 0.30 carats of white diamonds (F to G in color and VS in clarity) complete the presentation of this amazing ring rendered in 18-Karat white gold."

Lori

markpattersonsambaring.jpg

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
Like the idea, but the pattern is too regular/predictable for my taste. Just my 2¢

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am the type of person that likes one big solitaire rather than several smaller stones in a ring (unless it''s a diamond eternity ring). However, if it''s your taste, that''s what matters. You have to like it, and the fact that there''s several smaller tsavorites vs one large one keeps the price point down.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s really pretty. I like the different shades of green.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the mix of sizes and shades -- if it were in my jewelry box, that would be the ring I;d reach for to celebrate the arrival of spring!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I think its really pretty - very fun and whimsical.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like it too. I think it is really pretty

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tee hee! It kind of reminds me of my wedding shoes with the different colors and the different sizes(pair #1).

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2009 6:47:49 AM
Author: oldmancoyote
Like the idea, but the pattern is too regular/predictable for my taste. Just my 2¢

ditto. Maybe it''s the white background, but the diamonds hardly show. In general, the tsavs dominate the diamonds and the lack of balance is unappealing to me. I also don''t see the "blossoms" though I admit that could be an interpretive thing...

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s really pretty. I like the mixture of sizes/stones. Strangely I normally strive for symmetry but that ring is lovely.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I like it a lot. It''s fun and different.

Barcelona

Shiny_Rock
Love it! I think he has some really interesting pieces.

markpattersoncollage.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I must be old fashioned because I prefer a single large stone. However, I''ve also seen some where there are several smaller ones set in a ring that are drool worthy; like the one that some PSer bought as a mother''s ring from KashmirBlue. I guess it depends on the design. These ones just don''t do it for me.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you going to get this? I like that pinky/purple/red one that Barcelona posted too!!!

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
The ring looks great. The seemingly random position of the stones gives the ring a natural look and before I had read the vendors description of "A garden of gems! Brilliant Green Tsavorites weighing a total of 1.38 carats blossom among 0.30 carats of white diamonds." etc., it reminded of small flowers. Some rings look serious, this looks casual and natural. I like it!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I like it, it''s a fun wear.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure if I''m going to get it or not....I''ve got so many irons in the fire right now!

The photo isn''t the best, but I wanted you to see the general idea of the ring.

Thank you for your honest opinions!
21.gif

Lori

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results