shape
carat
color
clarity

Mark Morrell with delicate prongs that aren''t heart shaped

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ellie424

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone!!
35.gif

I''m trying to figure out the final details for my future ring so that I can provide the info to my boyfriend and patiently wait.
28.gif

I''m looking to get Mark Morrell''s Petite Torchiere, but I want to get the prongs a little more delicate and not heart shaped. Does anyone have any photos of Mark Morrell rings (particularly the Torchiere or the Flame) that have delicate prongs that are not heart shaped?? If so, please post photos here.

Thanks in advance!!!
26.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I talked with him awhile back, it was hard to communicate that I do not like heart prongs since most of his rings seem to have them. I ended up going with a different setting, but my suggestion is to find a picture of prongs you DO like and have your fiance SHOW him.

maiyavel

Shiny_Rock
Hi there!!
I have a MWM that has delicate "pear-shaped" prongs. He is not opposed to different prongs at all! He is very open to feedback, as long as you are clear.
Here is the thread with my ring. The camera does add 10lbs though because they look more delicate in person... I''m sure he''ll go as delicate as you would like a long as the stone is protected well...

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-gog-2-34fvs1-in-mark-morrell-trellis.91119/

You will LOVE your ring! He is flawless!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/12/2008 7:19:28 PM
Author: maiyavel
Hi there!!
I have a MWM that has delicate ''pear-shaped'' prongs. He is not opposed to different prongs at all! He is very open to feedback, as long as you are clear.
Here is the thread with my ring. The camera does add 10lbs though because they look more delicate in person... I''m sure he''ll go as delicate as you would like a long as the stone is protected well...

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-gog-2-34fvs1-in-mark-morrell-trellis.91119/

You will LOVE your ring! He is flawless!
Wow! I must have been on vacation when you posted your ring! It is gorgeous and I love your prongs!!!

maiyavel

Shiny_Rock
Thank you!!! I do love it and his work is seriously unreal. I was able to visit his workshop, and he truly is such a nice man!

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
First off I think as long as your BF can clearly explain your wishes to Mark, there should be no problem in him adjusting the prong shape on Torchiere or doing a different head.

Second - I have the Petite Torchiere and the prongs are so teeny tiny that I had to really stare at the prongs before I was able to tell "oh yeah...they are heart shaped!". From a distance the just look like delicate prongs.
Even the little diamonds in the head of the setting are so delicate, I have to point them out to people when I''m showing them my ring.
So I almost wouldn''t worry about it.

But if you are set on non heart shaped - I think Mark is excellent to work as long as things are clearly defined (as he says on his website) with and he will do whatever you choose!
Good luck and we can''t wait to see the finished product when it happens!!!!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results