shape
carat
color
clarity

Mark Morrell vs Ritani heart prong collection

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bella23

Rough_Rock
I am brand new to joining pricescope. Although I have been reading and researching here for the past year. I have fallen in love with the Mark Morrell sunburst setting. Then when on Ritani's website I found a similar setting. (I am having a difficult time attaching pictures of the rings). I was just wondering what the difference was. If one is preferred over the other? Also, do the heart prongs too bulky? I would appreciate any input! Thanks!

1RZ3270A item # RITANI.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is it like this one w/out the pave on the band?

1RZ3270A_default.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I actually saw this ring yesterday, the one with no pave and it was such a pretty solitaire. If it were me, i''d choose the Ritani just becasue I like knowing exactly what I''m getting and that would be the case with the Ritani. However, MM does beautiful work and if your up for going custom, he''s the man..

bella23

Rough_Rock
Yes thats exactly what it looks like! How did you post that picture? I was trying to do it but I couldnt figure it out! Thank your very much for the reply! Are the heart prongs too bulky in person? They look beautiful online!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
no, the heartprongs were soooo dainty in person, not bulky at all...

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Depends on the price difference.....and whether you want a totally custom job.

MWM makes all his settings engineered precisely for the diamond.

If it''s a small difference in price, then MWM would be a better product for you.

I''ve seen Ritani pieces and they are nice, but Mark''s stuff is exceptional.

Rockdoc

cara

Ideal_Rock
His sunburst is one of his few set pieces, so if you like all aspects of it and would just happily order it without specifying custom modifications, it could be a competitive choice. Even if a little more $.... that liquid look! He would custom make the head for your diamond so it would fit perfectly. (Does ritani do that? or do you just buy something close?) And hopefully he could get it out in less than his usual custom turnaround, cause he doesn''t have to tweak the design...

bella23

Rough_Rock
here is the MM.

MM xtx.jpg

bella23

Rough_Rock
new ritani from side

new ritani xxtt.jpg

bella23

Rough_Rock
Ive talked to both MM and Ritani. Only MM will custom to fit the diamond. The ritani is 3800 for the pave side stones setting and they only have it for the 1.50ct . The MM was quoted to me for 1800 with out side stones.

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/11/2007 4:42:43 PM
Author: RockDoc
Depends on the price difference.....and whether you want a totally custom job.

MWM makes all his settings engineered precisely for the diamond.

If it''s a small difference in price, then MWM would be a better product for you.

I''ve seen Ritani pieces and they are nice, but Mark''s stuff is exceptional.

Rockdoc
Mark is a perfectionist. His work is flawless.

www.metrojewelryappraisers.com

Bambino

Rough_Rock
I was reading through some of your posts and reply''s...and i actually just bought the ritani setting, and they did custom fit the diamond to the ring. I also found a better picture of it on this website...www.solomonbrothers.com...search ritani...pg. 3

hope this helps

97453.jpg

bella23

Rough_Rock
Thank you everybody!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, I don't love the Ritani version of this......the prongs seem more vertical and less swoopy than the MM setting.

I'd go for the MM hands down. I think the product he puts out is far superior to Ritani.

chas

Rough_Rock
Most assuredly ----- Mark Morrell!

tanalasta

Shiny_Rock
Premium
If you have the money and are in no hurry (MM takes time to finish his work) ...

Another vote for Mark Morrell. I''m still eyeing his sunburst creation.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree. I love the MM so much better!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results