shape
carat
color
clarity

Mark Morrell Ring Finished!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Well I got the ring yesterday!!! It is GORGEOUS!!! We are so happy with it. Once again Mark did an excellent job. He took the characteristics I liked about several different settings to make me a truely custom ring. We talked a great deal about what I liked and disliked about my current setting and others I admired.(Buttercups!!) Look closely, there are several unique features about this ring. Like Buttercups, it is extremely low set. The prongs have a crown look, but are much lower and wider set and heavier. The band of the ring is thicker and more substantial than other rings. The band cathedrals up almost to the height of the prongs on the sides. It is such a gorgeous interpretation of all my likes and dislikes. We could not be happier. This is the end result.

Diamond: 1.34 G VVS2 H & A from http://www.goodoldgold.com

Pictures and custom Platinum ring by Mark Morrell
http://www.mwmjewelry.com

Jacq-cp-003small.jpg

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
That is a very nice ring!!! :)

BRAVO MARK MORRELL!
appl.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey Jax-

That piece is beautiful. I have always admired how shiny the finish on Mark's pieces seem to be.

Josh Rioux
Sitka, Alaska
9.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Very beautiful Jaxie! You have excellent taste! Looks almost ''liquid''. The diamond isn't that bad too.
2.gif
9.gif
appl.gif

Pimp

Rough_Rock
That's sweet looking! Congrats! Can't wait to see the final product of the ring I just ordered, seeing that makes me more anxious!
Good job!
10.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Nice Jaxie! Congratulations!

IceyIce

Rough_Rock
Jax172

Do you mind me asking how much you got the setting for??

Thanks!

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Jaxie, again, your ring looks beautiful!

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
SUPER STYLE!

Enjoy it.

Bill D.

Rough_Rock
Very beautiful.
9.gif

I can't help but ask the following questions though:

You had a Vatche Royal Crown from what I see in your older posts. Why did you decide to change it? Decided it wasn't personal/unique enough? How does the craftanship compare?

Wear it well ...
wink2.gif

chas

Rough_Rock
There is NO comparison to Mark's work! My friend Mark Sets the Standards! He made my ring to Perfection!

Mark has done you well Jaxie! Enjoy!
appl.gif

Chas

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 7/3/2003 2:50:47 PM Bill D. wrote:

Very beautiful.
9.gif

I can't help but ask the following questions though:

You had a Vatche Royal Crown from what I see in your older posts. Why did you decide to change it? Decided it wasn't personal/unique enough? How does the craftanship compare?

Wear it well ...
wink2.gif

----------------

We did have a Vacthe, but it was not set by Vatche and it came out crooked. We were not aware that we had voided the Vatche warranty by having the stone set elsewhere therefore we could not send it back to them to fix it. Then we bought a larger stone and had the new stone set in it (after having the head made bigger) and it came out crooked again. The ring designer who fixed the head of it did an excellent job, looked just like the original, but the setter set it crooked again. We either could buy a new Vatche (at the now much more expensive price) and have them set the stone, or go with an original Mark Morrell for a little more. We opted for the Mark Morrell because I am very picky and this way we would get exactly what we wanted (I also wanted the stone set much lower and setting with more weight to it). And we did!

I have to say the craftmanship does not compare. Vatche makes a splendid ring, but nothing compares to having a hand made custom ring. Mark's design is so fluid and polished, there is not a rough edge anywhere. And the prongs were made for the dimensions of my stone, so it just hugs the stone so well. And everything is exactly how I wanted it.

I would still buy a Vatche setting as they are gorgeous and well crafted, but I would definately have Vatche set the stone as I guess the crown prongs are not easy to work with.

But if you want a custom ring and design and are willing to spend a tad more (I cannot believe how reasonable his prices are!!) I would highly recommend Mark Morrell.

Can you tell I LOVE my ring?

Bill D.

Rough_Rock
Shame about the Vatche setting. It was not cheap to begin with.
The good news though is that the new setting is splendid and more importantly uniquely made for you.
1.gif

Enjoy ...
2.gif

chas

Rough_Rock
Mark's work is really unique and wonderful! In fact, Mark is working on another ring for me right now. This will be my second "Mark Morrell".
1.gif

Chas

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 7/3/2003 7:37:54 PM chas wrote:

Mark's work is really unique and wonderful! In fact, Mark is working on another ring for me right now. This will be my second "Mark Morrell".
1.gif

Chas
----------------

Two??? You lucky duck. I hope to own another Mark Morrell piece someday
2.gif

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
That's an awesome setting. You got good taste. Beautiful, just beautiful.

lucy

Rough_Rock
BEAUTIFUL!!
like Icyice, I'm wondering how much it was-do you mind? and how long did it take?
thanks!

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'd just like to add my .02c and give a BIG KUDOS as well to Mark. We've been in business for over 2 decades and we've worked (and still do work) with many designers who do some fabulous work. Of them all Mark stands out as tops in my books. Many of our Internet clients who inquire about custom made rings I will generally refer all the work to Mark as his craftsmanship compliments the precision and level of detail we put into picking our diamonds. A certain "key" and "talent" of Mark is his ability to communicate with his clients which is extrememly important in doing custom orders via the Internet. Generally speaking I would always suggest that if clients wanted custom made rings that they do this locally as they can literally watch the process being done, step by step, approving or disapproving along the way. Mark has made a name for himself and has built a very solid reputation as a quality platinum smith here on the net. Just like anything in life there is no quick easy way to find the best and having the tools, skills, and know how to accomplish the best is NEVER the cheapest. You get what you pay for and with Mark you get great value considering the workmanship.

Jax ... you have the perfect setting to compliment that rare and beautiful stone. All the best to you and Joe as you guys have been a great pleasure to work with.

Kind regards,
Rhino

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pictures!

So it sounds like this one is the keeper?!

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 7/6/2003 2
6.gif
5:42 PM Mara wrote:

Beautiful pictures!

So it sounds like this one is the keeper?!
----------------

Yup!!! The engagement ring saga has come to an end!
1.gif

Just one last thing to do and that is get the inside of the band engraved and we already have an appointment for that.
1.gif

I LOVE my ring
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

Mexi

Shiny_Rock
I love his work.
love.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY! ...dare I even mention the wedding band? ?!?
5.gif

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
Jax,

Did he design a matching wedding band for you? If so, can you post pics of the matching set on your hand? Or would any ordinary band sit flush against it? How long did it take for you to get your beautiful ring back? Sorry for all these questions. Your ring is just sooooo awesome, I'm considering contacting him. My FH is a bit leary of sending the ring via mail all the way across the country (We're in California).

One last thing. Do you know how much your ring weighs? It looks so thick and comfortable. Do you need a sling to keep your arm up???

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results