shape
carat
color
clarity

Mark Morrell Masterpiece - The

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

N2D-986S

Rough_Rock
...Robust Sunburst!

Well here it is, after five months of searching for a stone and working with Mark since the end of October I finally received the ring on Saturday morning and proposed just a few hours later. While I am no longer in posession of the ring I am happy having it on my Fiancee's hand because she said "Yes"!

So, a little history of the ring below. I am a very lucky guy, not only do my Fiancee and I have so much fun together but we also share the exact same taste when it comes to, well everything, so we were on the exact same page when it came to what sort of ring she wanted and I wanted to get her. The problem came in that while our taste was simple (or so we thought) not a single ring maker made what we were looking for. We wanted a simple timless classic solitare without a knife edge and a taper into the crown. We did want it a bit thicker than normal due to the size of the diamond but didnt' think that would be a probelm. Well it was! We couldn't find anything out there, online or B&M that even came close to what we were looking for. THen I stumbled upon Mark's site and I saw it, the Sunburst! That ring blew me away but the only problem was it was 3mm, and we wanted it wider. So after showing it to my Fiancee we decided it was perfect and I would contact Mark and ask to make it more "Robust".

I wanted to keep it as much a secret to her as I possibly could so I decided to tell her that Mark was unable to fit our design modification into his schedule until the Q2 of 2008 when in fact Mark had no problem with fitting the desgin change in. Wanting to keep this a surprise was great but hiding my excitement proved to be VERY difficult at times. So it was the end of October and my GF had no clue I was well into the process of gettin gthe ring. I explained to Mark exactly what I was looking for and he agreed to the project and sent me some CADs of his proposal. After discusing the importance of a defined taper into the crown he came to a new design that makes the taper much more clear on the wider band. So I gave the design the blessing the the ring was just waiting for the stone. I found the stone from James Allen (another wonderful supplier) and it's specs are below:

Carat weight: 2.05
Cut: Hearts & Arrows Ideal
Color: H
Clarity: VS1
Certificate: GIA

Depth: 61.1%
Table: 56.0%
Crown Angle: 34.5
Pavilion Angle: 40.8

Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Girdle: Thin
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 8.24*8.18*5.02

HCA Score: 1.2 (smack dab in the center of the AGS Ideal range)

I had it appraised by the masters over at AGA (another wonderful company to work with) and it came back with awesome Imagem numbers and was sent to MWM for the setting. While Mark had kept me in the loop as to the timeline and the status of the project I started getting nervous that I made the ring a bit too robust. Well I kept to my initial thoughts and knew that Mark would not design something that was not stunning so I simply trusted him to make it robust yet still beautiful. When I got word the ring was done and being sent out I was estatic. The pics he sent were amazing, I had no clue my stone could look that good and the ring even better.

I received the ring on Saturday and it is better than I thought it could be, Mark is a master at his work and I will recommend him to anyone. I hope I can work with him for the wedding bands next!

So with the long story of where the ring came from over with here are the pics of what I like to call the Robust Sunburst
emteeth.gif
Enjoy!

N2D-986S

Rough_Rock
Ring on my covered hand, I actually didn''t want to take it off
emteeth.gif

DiamondGlove2.jpg

N2D-986S

Rough_Rock
Now one on my Fiancee''s hand! The perfect size, stone and setting! Thank you MWM & Pricescope.

DiamondonHand1.jpg

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
WOW. The ring is dramatic, classic, elegant and timeless! LOVE it~ you absolutely MUST share some hand shots with us---PLEASE!!!
30.gif

ETA: I somehow posted this as you were posting handshots. Thanks for sharing all of those great pics! It's looks BEAUTIFUL on her finger. I really love the taper into the head of the setting.

N2D-986S

Rough_Rock
That''s it for now, more to come later :)

DiamondonHand4.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous! just gorgeous!!
truely a masterpeice
28.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Impossibly beautiful.
36.gif
30.gif

cheers--Sharon

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW, another gorgeous work of art!! It looks perfect on her hand. Congratulations on your engagement.
36.gif
36.gif

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!!! Perfection at its finest!!!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that''s really pretty. The taper on it looks great.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Just beautiful! It IS a masterpiece!
Congratulations!
36.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement! That really is a beautiful ring!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
It's truly a masterpiece!! Congratulations!

Could you also please share the width of the "robust" band and your fiance's ring size? I love to gain a 3-D perspective. Oh, and what have you planned for a wedding band?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just gorgimous!!
36.gif
And it looks right at home on her finger.
5.gif

I too would like to know what that band starts at and tapers out to, if it''s not an imposition.

Congrats!

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Oh wow... that is an absolute stunner. The setting truly compliments the stone and the ring looks wonderful on your FI''s hand.

Congratulations!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Dynamic! That ring is so beautiful! That setting is one of my all time favorites!
Congratulations on your engagement!
36.gif

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
REALLY spendid and I love the "robust" shank as you call it - looks PERFECT on her hand - a real classic! Well done!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very, very beautiful!!!! Congratulations!!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That ring is sheer fluid perfection!!! Your fiance is one lucky gal.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results