shape
carat
color
clarity

Mark Morrell/GOG/Excel Questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
I think SO is going to purchase a diamond from GOG. He would prefer to have it set at the same place he purchases the diamond. He''s already worried about the idea of purchasing over the internet; shipping the diamond around makes him REALLY worried. I had originally had my heart set on an Excel Tiffany replica, but I''m not sure how you go about purchasing a stone from one vendor and having it set by another.

I see that GOG has MM settings. I do like the look of the flame, except for one detail: those heart-shaped prong tips. They just rub me the wrong way. Is it possible to get a MM setting and have those prongs shaved down or something? Or would it have to be made from scratch? Does anyone know the price difference between the Excel Tif replica (in platinum) and the MM Flame?

If you were me, what route would you go? Should I tell him to try to find a diamond at Excel? Oh confusion....
33.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 5:52:22 PM
Author:Iowa Lizzy
I think SO is going to purchase a diamond from GOG. He would prefer to have it set at the same place he purchases the diamond. He''s already worried about the idea of purchasing over the internet; shipping the diamond around makes him REALLY worried. I had originally had my heart set on an Excel Tiffany replica, but I''m not sure how you go about purchasing a stone from one vendor and having it set by another.

I see that GOG has MM settings. I do like the look of the flame, except for one detail: those heart-shaped prong tips. They just rub me the wrong way. Is it possible to get a MM setting and have those prongs shaved down or something? Or would it have to be made from scratch? Does anyone know the price difference between the Excel Tif replica (in platinum) and the MM Flame?

If you were me, what route would you go? Should I tell him to try to find a diamond at Excel? Oh confusion....
33.gif
I''d call GOG and ask if you could get the MM flame with different prong tips and what the price would be.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The prong tips are optional. We can set it any way you like.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
MWM or Excel? MWM wins hands down every time. Seriously. I''d just ask for different prong tips. No contest to my mind.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 10:07:26 PM
Author: Rhino

Woo hoo! Oh this is just fantastic news! Thanks so much for letting me know!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 11:27:10 PM
Author: Gypsy
MWM or Excel? MWM wins hands down every time. Seriously. I''d just ask for different prong tips. No contest to my mind.
ditto

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 11:27:10 PM
Author: Gypsy
Exactly. Plus (Jon pls correct if I''m wrong), but my understanding is MM will be made to order, so you can just request different prongs.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Jon, does this mean that you actually have some of MWM's settings in store that you set yourselves? I didn't know this was an option; always thought you'd have to send the stone to him so he could do it himself.

Iowa Lizzy, the MWM for sure! Which setting of his would you get?

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/15/2009 11:50:14 AM
Author: gwendolyn

Jon, does this mean that you actually have some of MWM''s settings in store that you set yourselves? I didn''t know this was an option; always thought you''d have to send the stone to him so he could do it himself.

I like the Flame. SO likes it better without the diamonds in the crown. I like it better with. I suppose I''ll let him choose. But if that''s the last detail to figure out, I''m pleased. We''ll be in NYC on Wednesday, but I don''t think we''ll be able to get out to GOG to see anything in person.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2009 11:57:22 AM
Author: Iowa Lizzy

Jon, does this mean that you actually have some of MWM's settings in store that you set yourselves? I didn't know this was an option; always thought you'd have to send the stone to him so he could do it himself.

I like the Flame. SO likes it better without the diamonds in the crown. I like it better with. I suppose I'll let him choose. But if that's the last detail to figure out, I'm pleased. We'll be in NYC on Wednesday, but I don't think we'll be able to get out to GOG to see anything in person.
Lovely! My dream ring is the Torchiere (Flame head w/normal band instead of knife edge) and I prefer the diamonds in the head too. Either way, it's a stellar ring, and your GOG stone will no doubt be gorgeous. Can't wait to see the finished product!
1.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/15/2009 12:06:11 AM

Woo hoo! Oh this is just fantastic news! Thanks so much for letting me know!
No probl Iowa. We aim to please.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Jon, does this mean that you actually have some of MWM''s settings in store that you set yourselves? I didn''t know this was an option; always thought you''d have to send the stone to him so he could do it himself.
Marc is fickle and to my knowledge we are the only distributor of an MWM ring that I know of. Marc loves me.
9.gif
But not enough to feature his whole line.
40.gif
So yes I do have his Flame featured here in our showcase and I absolutely LOVE IT.
30.gif
And yes ... Marc has provided the proper tools to my own diamond setter to be able to set our diamonds into his rings which we do here in our shop. My setter will generally set the diamond without the "heart" prongs but when a person wants the heart prongs we''ll usually ship the diamiond up to Marc to do the whole job. Marc and us work seamlessly together as we have been working together now for a number of years and are good friends. The Flames doesn''t cost any more from us than if you were getting it from Marc plus we''ll back it whether he does the setting or us.

Good to cya round Gwen. Haven''t spoken to you in a while.
1.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/15/2009 11:57:22 AM

I like the Flame. SO likes it better without the diamonds in the crown. I like it better with. I suppose I'll let him choose. But if that's the last detail to figure out, I'm pleased. We'll be in NYC on Wednesday, but I don't think we'll be able to get out to GOG to see anything in person.
39.gif
It would have been nice to meet you face to face Iowa. It's ok though ... you and SO will be steered right.
emthup.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results