shape
carat
color
clarity

Mark Morrell - GOG - Diamond of for setting !

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jaywestra

Rough_Rock
I just put this diamond - http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/2956/- in the mail to Mark Morrell for setting. I have been working on this for a year and am getting close. It's a bit stressful putting something of that value in a box and sending it off.
I purchased the stone last spring and had it set in a temporary setting to propose. My fiance's friends all laugh because she is the first to have two settings for an engagement ring. GOG was very helpful and the diamond is wonderful. Many people have commented on it sparkle and flash. GOG gave an appraisal that was $3000 more then I paid for it. I thought it was inflated, but I took the diamond to a local CGS jeweler who does appraisals and he came in at $5000 higher then I paid. He rated it up one color from G to F, but all of the other specs were the same. he did not have any information except the AGS number on the diamond. He was stunned when I told him what I paid for it. I'm very excited to be this close to being done. Mark has been great. I drove down to Concord to meet with him - which made the final changes much easier. I also reached the moment of trust where I gave the final design steps over to Mark - he instills a sense of "it will be fantastic".

I have one question. What do I insure this for? Which value do I choose - the purchase price - GOG's appraisal - the jeweler's appraisal? Do I just add the purchase price of the setting or do I get another appraisal?

Thanks, Jay

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful choice! Since the GOG amount is in between the purchase price and the extra appraisal, I''d probably go with that value. Just ask Good Old Gold to add your new setting description to the original insurance appraisal since the insurance will want to know the correct setting. However, I would have recommended having it insured before you sent it off to be reset. you could have informed them of the setting change later.

Which MM setting did she choose?

jaywestra

Rough_Rock
I did insure it for the GOG appraisal price and sent it registered US mail insured. The setting is inspired by some asian designs and the New Zealand Koru symbol.

Jay

doublekoru1.jpg

sera

Ideal_Rock
I had to google "Koru."
5.gif
The koru is the Māori name given to the newborn, unfurling fern frond and symbolizes new life, growth, strength and peace... Pretty cool... make sure to post pics of the CADs and finished ring
21.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/7/2007 4:33:02 PM
Author: sera
I had to google 'Koru.'
5.gif
The koru is the Māori name given to the newborn, unfurling fern frond and symbolizes new life, growth, strength and peace... Pretty cool... make sure to post pics of the CADs and finished ring
21.gif
Ditto, I'd love to see it!

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats, it sounds like the ring is going to be gorgeous! I can''t wait to see the setting, I have a silver ring that I bought in New Zealand with the koru symbol on it.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/7/2007 7:59:03 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 10/7/2007 4:33:02 PM
Author: sera
I had to google ''Koru.''
5.gif
21.gif
Ditto, I''d love to see it!
Thritto!!!
9.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto!...but, did she have input into this setting? I hope so, because it is risky to get into a unique design without taking her taste into consideration. We''ve seen custom ring disasters on here before, that''s why I am asking.

jaywestra

Rough_Rock
This has been my project. I know she likes somewhat simple and organic. She likes platinum and solitaire. I''m pretty confident that this ring is going to bring tears - happy of course. I have given her gifts of jewelery, clothes, etc. and haven''t gone wrong yet. I''ve spent a year on this. The execution of the idea by Mark Morrell seals the deal. I''ll post pictures if Mark approves.

Jay

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can''t wait to see it once it''s completed. I adore Mark''s settings, and love that you have been working so hard to make this vision a reality. Kudos to you!!!
36.gif

jaywestra

Rough_Rock
Besides the Koru - here are some photos that started the planning.

Jay

Refined.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results