shape
carat
color
clarity

Mark Morrell Flame with Whiteflash 1.28 ct Round

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ottawaexpat1

Rough_Rock
Finally, a picture (I hope this works!) of my Mark Morrell Flame. I love it - it is much more delicate in person than it appears on his website. Mark was a pleasure to work with, and it took only 2 phone calls and 5 or 6 emails before I had the ring in hand. As others have mentioned before me, the polish on the ring is fabulous, and the 6 diamonds peaking out of each claw base are an added surprise which make this ring very classic, yet "au courant" at the same time. The folks at Whiteflash were also great to deal with, in particular Brian, who spent close to 2 hours with me going over the 4c''s and helping me narrow down the diamond for me (never any pressure to commit or upselling whatsoever).

Here are the diamond particulars:

Shape: A Cut Above H&A
. Carat: 1.280
. Depth %: 61.9
. Table %: 55.6
. Crown Angle: 34.8
. Crown %: 15.4
. Star : 52.1
. Pavilion Angle: 40.9
. Pavilion %: 43.3
. Lower Girdle %: 75
. Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
. Measurements: 6.95-6.97X4.31
. Light Performance: 0
. Polish: Ideal
. Symmetry: Ideal
. Culet: Pointed
. Fluorescence: Negligible

eringCC008.jpg

ottawaexpat1

Rough_Rock
OK, that worked, but before I post a few more pics, I have to figure out how to shrink them!

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Very very nice! You are a lucky gal!

Any side views?

Congrats, KT

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That is just beautiful Connie! We need more pictures please.

ottawaexpat1

Rough_Rock
Here''s a side view - again, way too large, but I can''t seem to figure out how to shrink them!

eringCC010.jpg

ottawaexpat1

Rough_Rock
Different side view...

eringCC011.jpg

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
i love that delicate swoopy side view....congrats!

ottawaexpat1

Rough_Rock
As it arrived...

eringCC005.jpg

ottawaexpat1

Rough_Rock
A hand shot outside. I receive my 9-stone 1/2 eternity from SP tomorrow, and will try to post pics with my ering if I can get organized!

eringCC003.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it; it looks lovely on your hand!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Oh, that is just beautiful!!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
You must be thrilled
30.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is just gorgeous! We need more pictures, though!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fantastic!!! I love it!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just beautiful!!!

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
OMG OMG OMG !!!!!! I love it!!! I have been anxiously waiting for your pics! It's soo pretty and classic!! Please do lots more pics, and lots of hand pics too! How do you find wearing the knife edge? And does the wband sit flush? I am so happy for you, it's so pretty (did I say that already?!)! I am so glad you got to see it before you left, and sorry for all the questions :)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s just stunning!!! Please do post more pics when you can. Congrats!!! I can''t wait to see your band from SP with it!!! That will be a winning combo for sure!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh that is just gorgeous.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

It''s just so darn beautiful.....

cheers--Sharon

kev_800

Shiny_Rock
That ring looks terrific! That is also a great size for that ring.... looks very proportional & beautiful!

ottawaexpat1

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/12/2007 9:20:52 PM
Author: blingergrrrl
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
OMG OMG OMG !!!!!! I love it!!! I have been anxiously waiting for your pics! It''s soo pretty and classic!! Please do lots more pics, and lots of hand pics too! How do you find wearing the knife edge? And does the wband sit flush? I am so happy for you, it''s so pretty (did I say that already?!)! I am so glad you got to see it before you left, and sorry for all the questions :)
Thank you everyone for the compliments - you sure know how to make a gal feel lucky!

I do love it, and can''t wait to see what it looks like with the 1/2 eternity (which I should get tomorrow). While it''s not a huge diamond by PS standards, I was pleasantly surprised at how big it actually looked (after all, I was going from a 1/2 ct!). I will try and post some more pics asap.

blingergrrrl - the knife edge is very comfortable - no problems whatsoever. As I mentioned, I get the wb tomorrow, so I''ll let you know how it sits.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Another stunning Mark creation!!! Loves it!!!
30.gif

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! It''s gorgeous. MM never fails to disappoint.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2007 8:30:11 PM
Author: ottawaexpat1
Here''s a side view - again, way too large, but I can''t seem to figure out how to shrink them!
excuse me but these are NOT too large... in fact I daresay you could go a little bigger ;-) Just don''t go past 700 wide or it distorts the screen ;-)

LOL! Gorgeous!!!!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
VERY gorgeous!

DillPickle

Rough_Rock
Beautiful Connie!

Do you mind sharing how thick the band on the eRing is? Any "special requests" made on the design when discussing with MM?

ottawaexpat1

Rough_Rock
Thank you all again for your kind words. Still loving the ring after wearing it a week. Of course my 1/2 eternity is already scratching one of the prongs a bit (I was aware of this potential problem based on other PSers'' experiences), but what can you do? I sooo wanted the eternity and ering look, it''s what you have to put up with LOL!!

Date: 3/15/2007 7:42:51 PM
Author: DillPickle
Beautiful Connie!

Do you mind sharing how thick the band on the eRing is? Any ''special requests'' made on the design when discussing with MM?
Hi DillPickle, I believe Mark said it''s around 2.6 or 2.7 mm, but it''s hard to measure because it''s a knife-edge. It actually looked narrower and more delicate than I thought it would, and I was pleasantly surprised by this. I didn''t make any special requests with Mark, as I knew as soon as I saw the design that it was the one for me.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
My solitaire also scratches one of my prongs. I guess it''s something we just have to live with. I just love how the band adds that extra sparkle factor.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results